Poll: Has a game made you cry?

darlarosa

May 4, 2011
End of Mass Effect 3 flashback. Didn't like the ending but the flashback was heart wrenching....and reading Thane's Letter...that shit broke my heart. There's one other game but I can't remember it

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Rooster893 said:
Metal Gear Solid 4.

This is good... isn't it? *cigar falls*
Oh god this.

MGS3 was my first MGS game, and I played it prior to MGS4, so I was especially saddened to see Big Boss die. At least he went peacefully....

OT: Well let's see here, I didn't neccesarily cry out loud, but I did get close quite a few times due to these games:

The ending to Klonoa

The ending to Shadow of the Colossus

Journey during the end sequence

MGS3

During and after the fight with The Boss and when you found out why she did what she did.

Valkyria Chronicles

When Isara died. I was kinda expecting someone to die in the game. But not Isara! D':

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Strictly video games: Mother 3 beats all. Even knowing it would happen, I still cried like a baby when

Hinata died. And that's only the first time. I'm not even going to put the others in spoiler tags - either you know, or you should find out for yourself.

And even though you can't make out complex emotions, the 16-bit sprites still seem to be even more expressive than David Cage's tech demo. It's not about what you have, but what you do with it - and what Mother 3 did with what it had was just indescribable.

If we allow visual novels as well: I just finished Arcueid's route of Tsukihime, and that was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. Up and down and up and down, feeling so happy, scared, sad, and like the worst human being alive - and then it ended and I was left feeling...I don't even know, but there were tears.

You've gone through so much together, and now she has to leave, and you'll never see her again. But before she finally disappears, she tells you to keep living the way you were, since that was who she loved. And I completely broke down.

"It doesn't matter how much we see each other, but how much we think of each other." That's from Kingdom Hearts, but it applies perfectly to Arcueid's true ending.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I rarely cry at videogames. But I almost cried at:

1. That moment right before the final battle in Shadow of the Colossus, additionally the final battle in Ico.
2. The "Link the Fire" ending in Dark Souls and also when you realize that Kirk was only trying to get your humanity so he could heal the Fair Lady.

gjkbgt

May 5, 2013
I put yes but i don't think i ever actual cried during a game only after like i cried when i heard this after bioshock infinite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4Crth_Hb8
but i don't think i did during the game.

I don't know why but i think that there might be something about games.
Like they offer experiences rather then voyeurism so we can't cry unless the character would cry.
I mean spec ops made me want to sit down and cry but i never actual did it.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
MGS3 was really REALLY close. Just didn't hit home, still very well done on an emotional level.

Then I played Persona 4, and that was it. Its ending left me balling, nothing could stop the tears, it was inevitable.

Ellie O'Daire

Kin-tree Guardian
Jun 23, 2012
I know, all been said before: Mass Effect (all 3) and Red Dead.

Two that haven't come up: Far Cry 2 when my favorite buddy went out in a blaze of glory while we were raiding a king's treasure hoard, and believe it or not, Halo 3 at "Send me out with a bang."

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
I cried during the opening of Metro: Last Light. I dont know why. I have read the same thing I heard people saying it before but in that moment I coudnt feel something else than overwelming sadness

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
The end battle with Big Boss got me a little teary. Especially the part where the game's theme kicks in.

Slightly off topic: Is Naked Snake an antagonist? I've only played MGS3 and PW. Wasn't the faction that he created (MSF I think) fighting against Solid Snake in MGS4?