Poll: Has Naruto gone too far now?

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
i used to like it. but then, it too popular. now there is so many freakin characters i have not got a clue what is going on. the mangas never stop coming! Seriously, there should be a limit to how far it can go.

do like it? or hate it?

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
Never liked it. BELEIVE IT!! Beleive what? That you need a new catchfraise!?

LornMind

Dec 27, 2008
My friend keeps me posted on what happens. That's about it. I only care about Hinata and Naruto's relationship really, and then a small amount as to what's actually going on.

Disliking something because it's too popular on the other hand, that's a little...I dunno...whiny? Just my opinion.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
wrecker77 said:
Never liked it. BELEIVE IT!! Beleive what? That you need a new catchfraise!?
Thats the American Anime, and yeah it is a bit gay ¬¬
But I read the Manga. And I still like it I suppose.
Its no Death Note, But it'll do.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I like it, but I like the Japanese version. When they made the English version of it they ruined it. And now it seems like they just keep dragging on the series.

So yes, its gone on too long and should end... now.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I'm still following the manga. It'll go too far when someone besides Kishimoto starts writing, not before.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
I have NEVER liked Naruto. And all of you "well you've gotta watch it in Japanese people" can shut it on this one because that's how I originally watched it (I had a girlfriend who was obsessed with the series, and always wanted me to watch it, when she wasn't too busy making me watch Ruroni Kenshin [which at least had the virtue of being somewhat good]). Naruto is part of why people have a bad opinion of anime, because they see it as a series of immature fighty actiony things, occassionally interjected by that unique Japanese sense of humor. Naruto is why some people won't give legitimately good series like Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell (or a host of other good anime series) a chance.

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
My god the English version took a knife and stabbed the show in the cut and made it unbearably sickening to any fan of the manga. The voice acting in English is terrible on top of that. The show is fine in Japanese (well the fillers are annoying as fuck and a waste of everybody's time) but I really had no clue why a show about ninjas was put on cartoon network (they basically shifted target audience from teenagers to 7 year olds) I can't wait to see the crap they try to pull out their ass when Shippuden hits the west.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Both the english and japanese versions suck equally. I cannot stand Naruto as a character. He is annoying.

So yeah. It's gone too far.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
No, I think the manga hasn't gone too far. There is still much to be resolved. The only problems I have with it are, yes, there are quite a few characters and he doesn't do enough with them, despite them being pretty well developed, and that damned cop out he did at one point in the manga.

That being said though, I love it. Not the American one though, that one can go die in a fire.

And to everyone:

[HEADING=1]One Piece has been going on for 12 years and is still going.[/HEADING]

Just a bit of trivia for you there.

EDIT: I forgot it's cool to hate on this series actually, maybe I'm wasting energy.

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
Kpt._Rob said:
I have NEVER liked Naruto. And all of you "well you've gotta watch it in Japanese people" can shut it on this one because that's how I originally watched it (I had a girlfriend who was obsessed with the series, and always wanted me to watch it, when she wasn't too busy making me watch Ruroni Kenshin [which at least had the virtue of being somewhat good]). Naruto is part of why people have a bad opinion of anime, because they see it as a series of immature fighty actiony things, occassionally interjected by that unique Japanese sense of humor. Naruto is why some people won't give legitimately good series like Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell (or a host of other good anime series) a chance.
Well though you bring up interesting points there is a major flaw with anime. I target this flaw as being the 26 episode trend. It ruined anime after anime where the manga was over the top and quite amazing. Gantz and Claymore come to mind. So you'll notice that the most popular anime are the ones that tend to break that 26 episode cap (naturally there are exceptions such as Samurai Champloo which if I'm not mistaken was written with that episode cap in mind)

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I got bored after like, the second volume. I just couldn't bring myself to care about it.

It's gone ridiculously far now

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Kpt._Rob said:
It's still a pretty well developed story, especially considering it's a shonen anime. Compared to what it's up against in the mainstream, I think it has a much better story than most of them.

Oh and OP, One Piece has been going on longer than Naruto, that thing could probably go on for another 9 years and probably not even run out of steam.

Abedeus said:
Pendragon9 said:
Both the english and japanese versions suck equally. I cannot stand Naruto as a character. He is annoying.

Ayup. Naruto beats even Full Metal Alchemist in the case of "Main character a lot less likable than the supporting ones".
He's supposed to be. He becomes more likeable over time because character growth is part of the story.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Pendragon9 said:

Ayup. Naruto beats even Full Metal Alchemist in the case of "Main character a lot less likable than the supporting ones".