Poll: Has Naruto gone too far now?

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
The series began to go downhill about 3/4 of the Wave-bridge-arc. Before that there was potential. The silly characters could be excused: I mean they just graduated and a new to this whole shebang, of course they are out of it! And then there is the mysterious teacher with Traumatic Past that seems easygoing and of course everyone who doesn't know him underestimates him.

The battles were about misdirection, strategy and baiting and ambushing. Then they transformed into 'Who's got the bigger Jutsu' contests, or alternatively who can run at the greater multiplier of the speed of sound.... 'I can do 2x!' - 'I can do 4x!' - 'well, crap...'

And that killed the soul of Naruto. Later 'plot-twists' as some might mistake them as just attempted to resurrect that soul but like necromancy gone horribly bad they not only failed but created a putrid monster...

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I used to follow it when I was 13. I don't watch or read it anymore. It's okay, I guess.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Meh, it's alright I guess. It's always been kind of middle-of-the-road and it becoming popular hasn't changed that.

The fanbase, however, I could do without. People who get too retarded over anything, this included, are annoying.

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
Abedeus said:
Pendragon9 said:
Both the english and japanese versions suck equally. I cannot stand Naruto as a character. He is annoying.

So yeah. It's gone too far.
Ayup. Naruto beats even Full Metal Alchemist in the case of "Main character a lot less likable than the supporting ones".
Full Metal Alchemist's anime is absolutely disgusting. Almost like they took all the characters from the manga, ripped out their spines then wrote a nice giant fan-fic. I have no clue why they even bothered keeping the name.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
shumped said:
i started disliking naruto when it first started, never seen such a horrible manga.
indeed, thats mutual. And welcome to The escapist Forums, Shumped.

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
SakSak said:
The series began to go downhill about 3/4 of the Wave-bridge-arc. Before that there was potential. The silly characters could be excused: I mean they just graduated and a new to this whole shebang, of course they are out of it! And then there is the mysterious teacher with Traumatic Past that seems easygoing and of course everyone who doesn't know him underestimates him.

The battles were about misdirection, strategy and baiting and ambushing. Then they transformed into 'Who's got the bigger Jutsu' contests, or alternatively who can run at the greater multiplier of the speed of sound.... 'I can do 2x!' - 'I can do 4x!' - 'well, crap...'

And that killed the soul of Naruto. Later 'plot-twists' as some might mistake them as just attempted to resurrect that soul but like necromancy gone horribly bad they not only failed but created a putrid monster...
great point... but fuck at least its better than bleach
fucking DBZ wannabe

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Unborn023 said:
Abedeus said:
Pendragon9 said:
Both the english and japanese versions suck equally. I cannot stand Naruto as a character. He is annoying.

So yeah. It's gone too far.
Ayup. Naruto beats even Full Metal Alchemist in the case of "Main character a lot less likable than the supporting ones".
Full Metal Alchemist's anime is absolutely disgusting. Almost like they took all the characters from the manga, ripped out their spines then wrote a nice giant fan-fic. I have no clue why they even bothered keeping the name.
No idea either. I've heard good things about the Brotherhood, but I still prefer the manga.

The manga is worth reading even twice, especially for serious/awesome moments like this:

Panel 4 is the most awesome display of friendship I've seen since... ever.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Sejs Cube said:
Meh, it's alright I guess. It's always been kind of middle-of-the-road and it becoming popular hasn't changed that.

The fanbase, however, I could do without. People who get too retarded over anything, this included, are annoying.
This man speaks truth. I enjoy the over-arcing storyline, but damn if it isn't entirely too long, pausing every couple of episodes to drop steaming nuggets of moronic foreshadowing for the Narutards to regurgitate and sniff at. The only thing that has changed with it's growing popularity is the number stains in the internet's carpet.

Neonsilver

Aug 11, 2009
I still like the mangas, but I d'ont like the german anime. If you think the american version is bad, try the german one.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
I'm still following the manga. It'll go too far when someone besides Kishimoto starts writing, not before.
This is how I feel. The Manga is actually quite cool. The anime is reasonable, provided that you watch it in Japanese. The English dub is terrible, and the best voice from the English dub was probably Zabuza. I want to see the conclusion, but don't if you know what I mean. I have found out that the anime is exactly 92 chapters behind the Manga. I'm going to see it to it's bloody end. I like it.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
No, I think the manga hasn't gone too far. There is still much to be resolved. The only problems I have with it are, yes, there are quite a few characters and he doesn't do enough with them, despite them being pretty well developed, and that damned cop out he did at one point in the manga.

That being said though, I love it. Not the American one though, that one can go die in a fire.

And to everyone:

[HEADING=1]One Piece has been going on for 12 years and is still going.[/HEADING]

Just a bit of trivia for you there.

EDIT: I forgot it's cool to hate on this series actually, maybe I'm wasting energy.
Gonna one-up you on that and say:
[HEADING=1]Hajime no Ippo has been going on for 20 years and is still going.[/HEADING]
The anime is on hiatus, though.

Unborn023

Aug 17, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
NeutralDrow said:
I'm still following the manga. It'll go too far when someone besides Kishimoto starts writing, not before.
This is how I feel. The Manga is actually quite cool. The anime is reasonable, provided that you watch it in Japanese. The English dub is terrible, and the best voice from the English dub was probably Zabuza. I want to see the conclusion, but don't if you know what I mean. I have found out that the anime is exactly 92 chapters behind the Manga. I'm going to see it to it's bloody end. I like it.
To be honest I only watch the anime to see the manga fights animated lol. And there were some pretty wicked ones like sasori vs. sakura and all those puppets

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
The anime was a bit annoying with the nearly 100 eps of filler. And shippuden is okay, but I don't really watch it much because I can't be bothered. I like to read the manga now and then, especially when theres nothing else out that catches my fancy.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
The anime was a bit annoying with the nearly 100 eps of filler. And shippuden is okay, but I don't really watch it much because I can't be bothered. I like to read the manga now and then, especially when theres nothing else out that catches my fancy.
yeah, one hundred eps of filler is saying something... maybe that they have run out of ideas...

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
i still like it alot. the 3rd best manga ive read, surpassed by DBZ and Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Shadowfaze said:
Catchy Slogan said:
yeah, one hundred eps of filler is saying something... maybe that they have run out of ideas...
That was in the older series, Shippuden is much better.

Takoto

Mar 25, 2009
As much as I don't like to admit it, I used to be a fan of it. I still have like... fifteen volumes of it on my shelf (going to sell them at some point). The manga is better than the animé, but even the manga... is rather lacking in everything good.

I watched it up to my second favorite character's death then stopped watching, I couldn't be bothered to watch another 100+ episodes to wait for my actual favorite character to die (Deidara). I stopped reading the manga like, three or four months ago.
Granted, a few weeks ago I went to see if the series was going anywhere, I read one page and was like "Nope... Going no where".

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Curtmiester said:
Wait. Naruto gone to far NOW? I couldn't believe it even when that show started.
IT'S FUCKING DBZ FOR PERVERTS AND KIDS! What kind of assassin goes to a SCHOOL FOR BEING AN ASSASSIN then proceedes to ANNOUNCE TO EVERYONE HE'S AN ASSASSIN!