Poll: Has your phobia prevented your from completing the game?

FarSpace

Mar 21, 2009
Absolutly, I can't play games with too evil of people or things in them cuz I'm afaid they will come out of the screen andf get me, also you know how when you play a game alot and you dream about it, well I don't wwant to dream about evil stuff either.

and how about herry potter the 1st movie? all those spiders, there were alot of them in that movie and all sizes and they were smart too.

but I will smash a spider any time, them and masquetoes, I figure some of them are poison and can kill us so it's like a war.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Is there a phobia about fearing that a horrible, awful thing will get even worse as it goes on?

If there is, it didn't keep me from playing through Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. It did, however, keep me from playing through... On second thought, I'm not going to name that game. I'm not going to spark another flame war because of that over rated piece of shit.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I have MASSIVE Arachnophobia. Actually it's more like Entomophobia (fear of insects and everything else that resembles them), and it's bad enough to make me yell out in horror (scream like a little girl). However it never stopped me from fighting spiders or insects in games... hell if anything it made those sections more satisfying because beating up my phobia makes me feel empowered (when in reality I would have run so far away that the Hubble Space Telescope couldn't find me).

BadassCyborg

Feb 2, 2010
Wow you people are pathetic. Seriously, being scared of little spiders is bad enough but in a game? Come on. No offense but that's just sad. You guys need to man up I hate to think how you will cope in Real Life.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
ShotgunSmoke said:
No but I always freak out when spiders are involved. I. HATE. SPIDERS.

scnj said:
I have a friend who won't play Dragon Age because of the spiders.
Tell me about it. I'm currently replaying Dragon Age and I decided to use Morrigan's shapeshifting (for the lulz, it's useless IMO). Then I instantly regretted it : OH FUCK IT'S A GIANT SPIDER GET IT OFF *pauses the game, jumps out of the seat and runs to the center of the room to make sure no spiders are crawling up her legs.

There's one part in Deep Roads where you have to fight spiders. Needless to say, it was horrible. They fall from the ceiling and right on your head.
I managed to kill the spider queen and all other spiders by drawing the camera as far as possible. Also in that deep roads fight which I had to do several times I put on the lowest possible graphic which made the spider a colourful mess and quite less frightening.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Not really, but I did go through a few nights of being incapable of getting through Ravenholm in HL2 because I was so scared. ... really bad insomnia.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
When I played through Star Wars Episode III: RoTS on PS2 I had to make sure it didn't have that gruesome burning-followed-by-operation-without-anaesthetic scene from the movie. That scene gave me a fear of fire and burns...

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
BadassCyborg said:
Wow you people are pathetic. Seriously, being scared of little spiders is bad enough but in a game? Come on. No offense but that's just sad. You guys need to man up I hate to think how you will cope in Real Life.
Uhh, it's a phobia. It's hard to get rid of those, and even when things aren't real, the realistic visuals may still affect people.

I personally have not run in to this problem. I am somewhat afraid of spiders in real life, but for some reason in games I can kill them with no problem. Although, I was a little afraid of the spiders in Dark Messiah at first, due to the realistic, non stylized visuals.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
I have a phobia of phobias, luckily I don't know many games with phobias in them but dear god posting in this thread was a challenge for me. Anything else doesn't bother me, I could covered in spiders in a closest hurling to the pacific ocean from space and I still wouldn't care.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
i have Apiphobia
a fear of BEES
luckely the things i despise about bees are never in video games
they dont look creepy, they are never small, they never fly around you quite fast
and you are never activly trying to avoid them

anyhpw any game that has bees as an enemy type is either zelda or not a good game
and the ones in Zelda keeps to the above rules andi never get scared

why would i in game bees cant sting me

Save us.A7X

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, Penumbra Overture. There's a bit pretty early on where you have to crawl into a dark tunnel covered in cobwebs, suddenly something scuttles off in the near distance and which point the character says,'Spiders..I hate spiders..' I respond with,'Me too!'switched off the game and have actually never went back since. TT TT