Poll: Hatred or Splatoon?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I like games that are good, and based on the reviews and available footage, Hatred is not that (based on TB's video, it is a 4/10 at best), while Splatoon is. Wasn't planning on picking up Splatoon soon, but if I had to choose, I would definitely go with that one.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I bought Splatoon and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm not going to avoid Hatred but I don't really want it. I just see it as Postal remade as a twin-stick shooter and I'm not really interested in that. If only the Squid Amiibo 3-pack things were more readily available.

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
I actually just bought a Wii U and it came bundled with Splatoon, so I guess that's my choice. I probably won't play it much though, doesn't look like my kind of game.

Hatred looks really boring. If it ended up with some kind of modding community surrounding it it could be interesting but I can't see that happening.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Nope, both look terrible to me. Hatred: twin stick shooter, no thanks. Splatoon: multiplayer focused, no thanks.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
That Postal remake looks way too bland for me. Do you automatically start posting to 4chan about all the stupid "sheeple" as soon as you buy it or do you have to post first before you can buy?

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Why not both?

This.

This really warms my heart.

Probably Splatoon cause it seems like a fun game with an interesting play style and theme. Sure its kiddy, but there's no voice chat so who cares really? It was a surprise at E3, the team behind it seem cool, and if this game does well I hope they get a chance to make something else.

Hatred just...you know, I don't care about death in video games cause it's fictional death. I don't care, innocent or otherwise, the controversy surrounding the game means nothing to be. But that being said, I don't care for Hatred cause it's just shallow. The gameplay isn't anything special and the main character is just boring.

I get it, he's supposed to be "satirical" but honestly, its a really mundane and uninteresting attempt.

"Ugh, darkness and brooding, feel my hatred as I deliver generic dialogue that everyone tries to say is just hilarious cheesy satire but is really just lazy writing for a quickly cobbled together character needed to fill role that people only perceive as humorous cause Middle School was a thing and teenagers and their emotions are duuuuuuuuuuumb"

I guess that's funny but...eh

Also I know a lot of this site isn't really up for multiplayer, I mostly play single player myself, but damn guys.

I figured one multipayer game with humans who don't use voice chat and the objective is literally just SHOOT EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T YOUR COLOR while figuring out how to quickly and effectively transverse the map would be right up your alley but damn.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Hatered is like fucking GTA1 and postal 2 built together, not my thing right now. Might check it out deeper but I don't really think I want to.

Splatoon, now that I want to play, those movement patterns look fun.
More importantly I can solve the age question
IS IT A KID OR A SQUID MAYBE I THE WORLD WILL NEVER NOW
Captcha; OH, Wait. I don't have a WiiU and Bloodborne will come first

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
So it's a choice between a fun game and an EDGE game.

I know which one I'm picking.

And hey, I wouldn't knock on Hatred for being bad either (gameplay bad.) but it seems that the devs spent a lot more time being EDGE then making the game actually fun to play for more than 3 minutes.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Splatoon, since Hatred's about two-and-a-half-decades too late for my nihilist teenager phase.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Hatred looks like a reskinned Dead Nation with a Korn filter so no thanks

Splatoon looks fun, colorful, and different so there's a high probability I'll pick that up... then again I'm still playing Witcher 3 so...

yup

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Splatoon, easily. It's a great game so far. Genuinely original work from Nintendo. Nice to hear of stories that it's shaping up to be one of the best selling games on the system too.

tippy2k2 said:
Neither.

Hatred looks like a teenager who is going through his Marilyn Manson phase. He needs to show everyone how tough and scary he is by throwing a trench coat on while smoking cigarettes in the boys bathroom between class.
Lol the shooting people in the face part is usually genuinely scary.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
As I said before, Nintendo need seriously to redesign some character to look that they came from Splatoon universe.
For example:

And a Dream of mine, Hatred-Guy redesign for the game as well.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Well Splatoon acutally looks, y'know fun, whereas Hatred is just a mediocre twin stick shooter put through an edginess filter.

Plus in Splatoon you can be a kid now, and also a squid now.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
Splatoon I have it and I am addicted... Hatred just is not my kind of game .. I like my games weird and colorful.. there is a reason that I never touched a FPS before TF2 i like my games to be tounge in cheek and/or cartoony
keep your fallouts, witcher... or other "gritty" IP I want stuff like Spatoon and katmari damacey

BadNewDingus

Sep 3, 2014
Neither.

Hatred, in my opinion costs too much for a simple shoot'em up.

And Splatoon seems like a game that will quickly die out.

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
I'm going to buy both, on the same day. Because I think it's funny.

Also because I'm going to enjoy both of them (hopefully).

Hatred because I'm not going to pretend I don't enjoy rampages or acting random civilians in GTA so a game based around it could be fun.
Splatoon because it looks like a good time and it reminds me of Nickelodeon.

Passive Aggression

May 28, 2015
Neither, Hatred looks dumb.

And I'm not really interested in kid's games.

The drama about hatred is pretty dumb, but, the game itself has never looked that appealing, so, people crying to themselves about how "Oh, it's so immature" are kinda missing the point which is "Is it actually any good?".