Poll: Hatred or Splatoon?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Had a few days to play Splatoon now.

Though it's lacking in maps at this stage (really should have released with more), I'll still say it's damn fun and compulsive. Liking it a lot so far.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Splatoon, if it's any good (haven't played it or watched others play it). As a game, Hatred grows stale very quickly. Hatred completely fails to deliver on what the trailer promised, unless cringe-worthy monologues was what you were looking forward to. The gameplay isn't terrible, but you can do better with a number of games that came out years or decades ago.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Both, although for now, I can only have Hatred.

Ok game. The hype for it was the really fun part. Still I do think it really made an art impact on gamers.

It is a portrayal of violence as what is. No philosophical or political statements, no comedy, no points, no flying colors, no heroic reasons. Not Important's reasons are pure bullshit (comparable to suicide bombers after 72 virgins, riot marauders or school shooters) on purpose. The victims are the more acurate portrayal of what is to be murdered IRL, and the brave people who oppose him don't have extra lives. In fact they are the greatest heroes, since they have a huge chance of dying but they still go.

The best ending to the game is running to the police station miss all the shots and be gunned down.

Splatoon has a lighter atmosphere. It only gets dark if you think too much about it in story mode.The Octolings are grotesque and funny looking or have, at best, evil clothes. Like deshumanizing propaganda done to the enemies. The octolings are not without of blame of this either (in the scrolls they present the Squids as predatory).

Also, the whole war: Octos are miserable. Ask for help? No. Invade, steal the Squids and make them miserable. They are the Hatred guy. And the Squids are the Hatred guy with a good excuse. They do have the right to defend themselves. And a combative spirit is useful. The cost of it is having fun at your aggressors deaths.

These contrastant takes on violence coming out at the same time was SUPER artfull.

Loop Stricken said:
Why not both?

Damn, Ninja'd.

One of my favorites crossover arts of these games.

There are other two that I really can't post here (NSFW as hell).

One is if they would encounter but without Not Important having a change of heart.

The other is the Splatoon girl without the filters of kiddie fun, comedy and age apropriate.

Edit: This is postable.

http://felinegamer-arts.tumblr.com/post/120145581886/hatred-splatoon-dlc-pls-the-squid-hair-doesnt

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
I think even the target audience of Hatred will get bored after playing it for 20 minutes, but I do know people who have listened to metal for a decade, and I thought the same of metal when i first heard it... Splatoon wins by default.