Poll: Have ponies changed your life?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Its weird, since going brony I feel the urge to be nicer to people and I have an easier time ignoring stupid things I see online.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
I've read about people who were suffering from various kinds of depression and MLP:FiM helped them pull out of it, which is amazing.

For me personally...It's improved my life slightly, yes. No other show can really make me smile and warm my heart in the same way as MLP, it's one of a kind.

cp2u

Jul 28, 2009
They've changed my life in that I have a couple of Mcdonald's happy meal toys sitting on my printer now instead of (or sometimes in addition to) dirty dishes.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
It has had precisely 2 impacts on my life:

1. I have another amusing show to watch

2. I have an avatar on The Escapist

That is all. Well, technically I have commented on one or two threads (such as this one) which wouldn't have existed without the show, but I'd have only commented on something else without it.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
No cause I don't see what's to like about the show and don't watch it. Pretty sure my life is better off not watching it :)

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Nope they haven't. All it did was give me a nice amusing show to watch and enjoy. They haven't had a big impact on my life, but they have on my friend who funnily enough just posted a vid on youtube of a song he wrote calls "Tonight These Ponies Saved My Life". It's not against the rules to mention that right? It's just that the title of this thread grabbed me because of the title of my friends song is all! But also the show has had a huge impact on his life and he is a different person because of them.

All I don't understand is all the hubub about the background ponies.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I don't watch the show, but I'm pretty sure most people could say that they're affected by ponies, because people don't shut up about it. Between the constant babbling of 'bronies' and the inconsolable rage of people who hate them, it's almost impossible to have not at least heard about the thing.

I understand that some people like to watch cartoons, and that FiM might even be a REALLY GOOD cartoon, but you don't have to tell EVERYONE about it, it's just a cartoon. People that don't watch cartoons, don't care, and probably never will. I don't understand this whole thing of trying to 'convert' people into watching it, it's stupid, and probably has't happened with ANY other cartoon. I mean nobody's trying to convert me into watching Scooby Doo or the Powerpuff Girls or anything else, why is FiM so special? Because it's for girls? (My Little Pony has, and always will be a franchise aimed at young girls, don't get mad) and it's cool to be a guy and like female-oriented things?

I guess it has affected me more than I thought, because I rarely type massive blocks of text like that, but it's true, FiM watchers are loud about it, and it annoys me.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Mick Golden Blood said:
I don't understand what all the hullabalooh is about.

Seriously, why is it SO awesum? So popular? I just.. to have such a fan-base... so much attention... I don't even..
I understand the confusion, but I think I can explain. It has been a very long time since a kids show got popular that wasn't just trying to be funny, stupid and/or violent. Call me cynical, but only so many shows can rip off the Spongebob/Ed, Edd n' Eddy forumula and do something new. And from what I've seen, that's what most new shows are doing.

A balanced children's show that wasn't afraid to actually have drama and character development just doesn't seem to get popular nowadays. Not since the nineties.

And when do you think a lot of 'bronies' grew up? They were breed on the golden age of animation aimed at kids, so it's nice to see something like that happen again.

I'm glad kids have something good to watch, and I genuinely like the humor, comic timing as well as some clever subtext deconstructing racism and gender roles; in a subtle way, it seems to even tackle gender identity and homophobia every now and then. Which I think is really awesome for a family show.

I do however, despise the word 'Brony'. And Pegasister as well. I don't need a special title to watch a show. I like most bronies, but I don't like lumping them all in one inclusive group. There's a lot of....different subsets. I'm not gonna go into it more than that.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I now have a lovely boyfriend because of ponies ^_^

Not that I couldn't have got one without them, but I wouldn't have met my lovely brony friends and I'd have no one to talk to all through the holidays and would probably have committed suicide or murder by now - so yeah my life's changed for the better!

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I am going to go with "descend into a hellish abyss where every day is an agonizing struggle" not that I care about the show, but if that's on option you have to pick it. It's a law or something(no it's not).

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Well the only self-named Brony I encountered IRL was a complete prat so.......

*image snip*
Don't leave now! this thread has the potential to be so amazing!

O.T: No. I love the show, and I spend much time engrossed in the fandom. But it hasn't changed me or my life enough that I consider it to have changed my life.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Not at all, lol. I do enjoy the show, but they're nice, lighthearted entertainment for me without feeling too dumbed-down (most of the time) or overly cutesy or girly. I watch episodes and things when I can, but I'm not one to keep up with everything going on in the show or the fandom. just wait until my friends bring something to my attention, then I go check it out.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
It gave me an entertaining show to watch in secret on the internet while repeatedly looking over my shoulder. Also, something for my parents to give me a hard time about. I haven't actually made any friends because of the show (I have one brony friend who I met before I was a brony and actually mocked for liking the show before I tried it myself.) Also, this entire internet subculture that I want to be a part of but feel ashamed of and embarrassed for a lot of the time.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
It made me less tolerant of fanboys. Usually I'll let them do their speal since I have things I'm passionate about but they are way more annoying and obnoxious out of any fanbase I've met. I've hung out with yaoi fangirls and they may prattle on about their shippings and fanfiction you can ignore them. Bronies just appear behind blaring the MLP theme song on their phone and focus on one person and annoy them unlike fangirls who just talk to everyone and noone at the same time. I was so close to punching this dude in the face for not leaving me alone. Also that wasn't an isolated incident, every brony in real life were that obnoxious.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
No, it hasn't. I haven't watched it, if anything, a load of people spreading the "power of friendship" has made me a little more grumpy.

That said, A town called eureka has, many times, proven to be my happy place. Firefly has proven to be the turning point at some pretty bad times. So I'll accept that a show can make a significant impact on someones life.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
It hasn't really changed my life per say, but it has given me something colorful and fun to watch when I'm feeling a little down.