Poll: Have the changes to the Xbox One changed your buying plans?

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Sorry, with all the douchebaggery that Microsoft has been spouting and abusing their client base (at least on the consumer side) they've got a loooong way to go before I'll just forgive and forget. They aren't actually sorry for anything, they're just looking at the backlash and making predictions that are telling them that sales are going to tank if they don't do something to change people's minds about buying an Xbone. Down the road, they'll be right back at it again, screwing the consumer over for their much-beloved cloud system and DRM models.

It's a corporation. There is no one in Microsoft (or Sony for that matter) that's ever sorry for anything that they do. There is only: "Did we get them this time? No? How about now?"

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
theaudioprophet said:
MichiganMuscle77 said:
They still tried it in the first place.
this.

it really is too little too late
This. If I find an Xbone that's super cheap, with a good library of games available for purchase down the line, and no goddamn restrictions on how I play (including internet connection and that bloody kinect) then maybe, maybe MAYBE buy one.

Most likely not. But if I do buy one? I'll buy it Used.

;D

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
The thing is, they change it now, but with how schitzophrenic their attitude has been over several issues with the console, i'm not willing to put my faith in them, if I do get one it'll be a few years down the track, I'll stick with what i've got now until the PS4 drops in price. (the PS4 is a bit too expensive for me at the moment at $550)

torno said:
I've never played PC before and all my friends are telling me that once you go PC, you wonder why you ever played on console.
I don't know, let's see what happens.
Not always true, I play both PC and console, some things are better handled on PC, while consoles can have some advantages of their own.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Admittedly, this may actually turn me around in time. Keyword is "may" however - which reminds me, you need a "maybe" option up there in your poll.

They really need to do more to turn things around and build up consumer trust, as well as come out with more tempting exclusives. The only true exclusive (no PC version) I currently have interest in is Sunset Overdrive. Everything else either looks bland or can be gotten on PC.

Nemusus

Jun 10, 2013
I half wish that they hadn't changed a thing- not only would the fallout be glorious to behold, but years from now, when the next big thing comes out with all its DRM, all we'd have to do is say,"Remember the Xbone?"

Basically, we'd be able to vote with our wallets, and that message is something I doubt any corporation will ever ignore. Now, they'll just try and sneak it past us or some crap. So basically, PS4 for me, especially since Xbox180 has about 0 games coming I'm interested in.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Not in the slightest, no. They have reinforced what i already knew from my experiences with the 360...Microsoft aren't a competant company to be investing into. They have had issues with hardware, software updates that destroy certain aspects of functionallity, they dared to throw constant advertising on my main page (BIG fucking mistake) and then they try to pull some bullshit with the new console which basically means that i wouldn't even be able to use their product. To top it all off, having made themselves look like cunts, they then try to backpeddle away from the disaster and hope i didn't notice.

Well i did notice Microsoft...and so did my friends. The 10 xbox vs 3 PS3 users of this generation i know are likely to become 11 PS4 users vs 2 Xbone...some people don't learn from their mistakes but when all their friends leave them they will likely move over too.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I plan on getting one in a few years time, simply for Crimson Dragon. But at the asking price, it's not worth it for that one game. £429.99 is waaaay too much for a console. Heck, I think the PS4' £350 is way too much.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
I'm somewhere inbetween. Before I really didn't want one, now it looks okay and I might get one further down the line or if it happens to get some super interesting exclusives.

Before: Eww, no.
Now: Eh, maybe.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Microsoft did a lot of backtracking and made this post-E3 week a really eventful one, arguably more eventful than E3 itself. The thing is, I think it's too-little-too-late while not necessarily being "too-little" as much as it is, "Where the Fuck is your apology?" Sure, getting rid of the whips, chains, collars, ropes, riding crops, etc restrictions is all well and good but it doesn't undo Microsoft's PR department: Deal with it, they said people like myself and many others are "backward" all while pushing features nobody wanted or, asked for to begin with. Even now that they've allowed used games, disc-trading and, offline functionality across the board they do so in a very grudging sort of way. They're allowing those features that should be a given and only after severe backlash.

Anyway, I could just be imagining and, over-thinking the tone of Microsoft. What I'm not over-thinking is how out of everything that was changed, one deal-breaker remains and that's the Kinect. Kinect2.0 is far more advanced than the one currently on the market and is more than likely going to work well in smaller rooms. It can see in the dark and even though "it can be turned off" it will still be listening for that one phrase that will "turn it on". It learns your name, it knows how you're feeling and, it's more than willing to tell everybody what your favorite cereal is (among other things). It doesn't matter if I find an XBone180 in a bin in a few years marked down to $200 with several free games: I'm not touching the thing since the Kinect is a mandatory component.

Another thing that hasn't changed is the fact that terms and, service can change at any time and for any reason. Like others have speculated since the big news was confirmed, Microsoft could very easily (and gradually) implement more and, more of the features and restrictions we were presented during the reveal. Of course, that remains to be seen...

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
My opinion has changed in that I'm now considering Xbox One as an option for a console, as opposed to before they started grasping at straws when it was simply a joke.

I still don't trust them to do anything but try to eat all our money, and the fact that they'll change something they were so convinced they were in the right about should be a warning sign to keep eyes on them and what else they feel like changing between now and release.

Until then, I can keep myself amused at how hilarious it is that they pulled a complete 180 on their aims for the new generation of consoles after seemingly making a point of insulting everyone who said their DRM was a horrible idea.

Navy_Brat_1996

Jun 20, 2013
What I am going to do is I will buy a PS4 first. I plan on waiting on the XBOX ONE to come out with some attractive titles. PS4 still has more versatility that XBOX ONE.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Yes, I had made up my mind that I definitely wasn't going to get one, now I might get one, I'm going to wait and see for a couple of years.

La Kias

May 31, 2012
Bellvedere said:
It's just a pity that the best features of the Xbone (sharing) were intrinsically linked to the biggest downfalls of the system.

I think that introducing those features was less a betrayal of consumers and more an issue of introducing something awesome at a cost few were willing to go along with (DRM). Like Hanlon's razor - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Great to see them listening to fans anyway, a big and genuine "sorry" would also go along way to get folk back on side.

As for what I think about it now, it's basically a just a more expensive PS4. The family sharing was the best thing (and the DRM associated was the worst thing) the console had going for it. I still think that the potential of the kinnect2 is interesting -> if this were Nintendo's console (who have historically used their gimmicky controls for functional and innovative gameplay) then I would be more excited. I wasn't planning to buy a Xbone/PS4 at launch anyway, so I'm going to be sitting back and taking my sweet time to make a choice.
I did want to point out with this sharing, at the moment on PS3 my PSN account is registered on my PS3 and my brothers. He can download my games via my account but can play them on his account, allowing him to get the gameplay experience and trophies as well. Since most households will have two consoles at most, this works great. And we can both play the same game at the same time. Always a plus there.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
It's a little bit to late for me even considering one. The damage is done and I think they'll re-use the DRM again a few months (or years) after the 8th gen consoles are fully running (so to speak).