Poll: Have you ever "Caught Them All?"

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
I got em all back in the day in my Yellow version. Not really fair because I had all three starters. But hey, that shit was hard haha

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
I think I caught most if not all of the Pokemon in Pokemon Gold. Although, those blasted Unknowns.... Could never collect the whole alphabet.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Blue only.

I didn't really seriously play another Pokémon game until D/P, and I didn't come close. And Same with B/W.

Eccentric Lich

Dec 8, 2009
I completed the regional pokedex in Sapphire. This was no small feat considering the absurdity required to get a Feebas and then evolve it. Naturally, Feebas and Milotic were the last two I needed. I spent so much time searching for that damn fish. One of my friends caught one without even meaning to and bred it for me.

Oh, there was A LOT of level grinding using an exp share and the elite four to level up things to evolve. By the time I was done, I had maxed out how much money you can carry.

I had been doing this because one of the Game Freak characters promised me "Something great!" for completing it. Motivated by this mystery item of wonder, I pressed on. When I saw that certificate, my heart sank and I vowed never to catch them all again.

SickCuchulainn

Aug 17, 2008
I did on Red (also Gold, although I sharked Celebi so that doesn't count) - never even tried since then, although I try to get a complete set of legendaries for each generation.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Me and a friend worked our arses off and managed to get all 150 on Red/Blue when we were like 11-12. I remember sitting there with the link cable and swapping them back and forth for hours until we were done.

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
I caught all the original 151 Pokemon in the original Pokemon Red. I felt like the coolest kid in the world.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
I caught 120 or so in FireRed. I'm working on getting all 151 in Red version right now without trading.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Nope.

Hell, I've never gotten past the third gym in any of the Pokemon games. I just lose interest by that point, and move onto a different, less repetitive game.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I did in Blue, I believe. The memories are hazy, though. I wouldn't be surprised.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
When we were kids, I had Red and my brother had Blue, so we helped fill each other's pokedex. I stopped playing regularly after Gen. 1, but if I remember right, I think my brother managed to fill his pokedex in Gold/Silver (can't remember which one he had). I beat the first gym in Ruby and the first two in Diamond, but that's as far as I ever got in those. Just not worth my time when there are other games to play and other stuff to do.