Poll: Have you ever changed your username?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
sky14kemea said:
I always read your username as "skykemena", and I don't know why I add the "n".

Just thought I'd let you know.

OT: Nope, I haven't. I've thought about switching it to the name of my warlock in World of Warcraft and current Summoner Name in League of Legends, but haven't actually decided on whether I want to do that or not.

And I haven't switched because... well, this was the screen-name of my first e-mail account. It's got sentimental value and what have you.

[sub]That's a very weird figure of speech.[/sub]

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
GeneralTwinkle -> General Twinkletoes. I usually use General Twinkletoes for everything, I have no idea why I didn't for this site. It was bugging me, so I changed it.

I don't like my name that much tbh, but I'm too uncreative to think of anything else that I want to use, so I'm stuck with it :p

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
Yeah, once. It used to be DarKGun68 or something when I first joined, but changed it because it was a bit generic.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
We can ask for a username change? :eek:

Goddamnit, ive wanted to change mine forever, frankster was one of those "barely made in 2 secs" kinda decisions as i didnt think id stick around on these forums as long as i have and frankly wish i went with something different ultimately (though keeping the bardock avatar).

Will have to consider this...

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
I think I used to be Unit-22, but that had zero personality.
Have to admit, recently I haven't been feeling very "devious" but I wouldn't know what else to change it to.
Besides I still like it well enough.
Ohhhhh Now i get it. Cant believe it took this long to get your username.

OT: Im happy with The_Blue_Rider. Im tempted to change to WakelessAltair because thats my username on everything else, but ill cross that road when i come to it

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Yup, I did. It used to be onewheeled999, the username that I used for EVERYTHING for about six or so years.

As of late, I've come to dislike the 999 part of it, thinking it sounded too much like I'm trying to be hardcore, so I cut it. I now use just onewheeled for everything.

LegoDudeGuy

Young punks, get off my lawn.
Jun 9, 2010
My name has never been changed, unless you count clan tags and capitalization, which then it has been changed numerous times.

This name has been with me since, well, ever.

It's so original, you can look me up on almost any social platform, from Steam to Skype, and you will find me.

I dare ya ;)

PS: Don't try Xbox Live, it has already been taken (apparently).
On XBL/GFWL I go by Quazelorp, no idea why I chose that.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I briefly considered changing my username to "I Divided By Zero And Saw God" (we had ludicrous username caps a while back), but I (wisely) decided against it.

So no. lacktheknack I have always been, and lacktheknack I will always be.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I think I used to be Unit-22, but that had zero personality.
Have to admit, recently I haven't been feeling very "devious" but I wouldn't know what else to change it to.
Besides I still like it well enough.
Ohhhhh Now i get it. Cant believe it took this long to get your username.

OT: Im happy with The_Blue_Rider. Im tempted to change to WakelessAltair because thats my username on everything else, but ill cross that road when i come to it
Heh, now I wonder how how long it'll take you figure out the message hidden in my badges

onewheeled said:
Yup, I did. It used to be onewheeled999, the username that I used for EVERYTHING for about six or so years.

As of late, I've come to dislike the 999 part of it, thinking it sounded too much like I'm trying to be hardcore, so I cut it. I now use just onewheeled for everything.
Yeah one wheel alone can be plenty hardcore:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pmNIffUzWhM/T1prJXo7ueI/AAAAAAAAqfw/o01ohi0dX5c/darthuni.jpg
Okay we got an F, a Yahtzee, an E, an A, and a pitchfork.

hmmm, Im gonna need to phone a friend

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Yep, used to be 'timelord91' back when I first joined, changed it to the much more recognisable 'TimeLord' with proper capitalisation!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Nope! But I've been meaning to for a LOOOOOOOOONG while, my username is just the name of what was my character in WoW for the 4 months I played it, and then used it for other MMOs, I've become used to it but I don't particularly like it, don't know what I would change it to though.

Jun 5, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Nope, though I am thinking about changing it because no one seems to get the joke. Probably switch over to PsychoKarin, the username I use literally everywhere else.
But sir, in project mayhem we have no names.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I have once. My first one was just a variation of my email & I only used it because it was simple & easy to remember at the time. I like Mr Fixit much better, it stuck after a very sexy girl I was talking to called me that.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Changed it here? Never.

Heck I've only changed my username once in the entire history of my internet career. And I've been on the internet since AOL was the preferred mode of connecting to it.

Back then it was deathshead2. Then sometime in 98 I changed it to Deimos Masque and never looked back.