Poll: Have you preordered Starcraft 2?

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
OmegaXzors said:
I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition back in April.
I want to pre-order the special edition (so I can get the original SC Battle Chest, among other things), but I'm not sure where to do so. Where'd you get yours Omega?

Continuity

May 20, 2010
bor3ds0ul said:
So, I just came back from my local game shop and preoredered Starcraft 2.
In Singapore, you get a "preorder card" and there's a huge opening for the game.

Have you preordered? How is your country launching SC2?
Dude the options in your poll suck, where is the option for grumpy old gits like me who never preorders because paying the developer before you know if the game is any good is a very bad thing

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Apparently every place available to pre-order it in my whole fucking Provence was sold out months before they even nailed down a release date. Even the collectors editions were sold out before Blizzard even announced what was in them.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Kagim said:
Waiting for the Starcraft 2 battle chest to be released. That way i can buy all three games for about half the total cost. As well by that time i can see if the starcraft version of Dota has taken over custom maps So i know not to go online.

God i hate DotA.
That's pretty much the approach I'll be taking. I would've been a lot more enthusiastic about it if it had come out 5+ years ago when I was still playing the original at least occasionally, but I have so much other stuff that I own and haven't finished yet already that I really can't justify buying another full-price game right now that I only have moderate interest in.

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
As it's SC2 and I know it'll sell really fast; yes. Going to put my name down for the CE tomorrow.

Mr.Something

Apr 28, 2009
preordered the collector's edition when it was announced, woot!

used to play terran in SC1 but started liking zerg in the SC2 beta

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
RebellionXXI said:
OmegaXzors said:
I want to pre-order the special edition (so I can get the original SC Battle Chest, among other things), but I'm not sure where to do so. Where'd you get yours Omega?
Amazon.com. I preordered it a long time ago, though.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
OmegaXzors said:
RebellionXXI said:
OmegaXzors said:
Amazon.com. I preordered it a long time ago, though.
Turns out they're out of Collector's Edition pre-orders on Amazon, but not to worry. Best Buy apparently still had some kicking around. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope they're not just selling pre-orders willy-nilly, regardless of how many physical copies they're actually going to get on launch day, and I won't be stuck with a "tough-luck" and a refund or have to wait another six months for a possible second printing.

It'd be a clever scheme on their part, though. They sell way more pre-orders than they can possibly support (with full knowledge of this fact, of course), invest and collect interest on the hundreds-of-thousands of dollars they get in the interim period, and then say "whoops, sorry!" on launch day and hand it all back to the pissed-off customers who probably never shop at their stores anyway because anyone who owns a PC powerful enough to run Starcraft II knows they can get better deals on software and electronics at Amazon and Newegg. It's like getting a negative-interest loan from people you don't care about! Awesome!