Poll: Help me spend $20 on steam

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I just bought a $20 card and what should i spend it on?

I already have:

Team Fortress 2
Counter Strike Source
Portal
Star Wars: KOTOR

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
At the moment, nothing. Save it for the ridiculousness that is the Holiday sale.

EDIT: Also, buy Bastion, either now, or when it's on sale. I wish more people would play this game.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
The Binding Of Isaac + Bastion/Dungeon Defenders.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Trine + Braid is also a good idea.

Don't forget, there is the Humble Bundle. Only $5.30 and you get Binding Of Isaac, plus some extra games.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Darksiders is a shitty port, Brink is somewhat meh (no singleplayer and multiplayer's pretty similar to TF2), PD:TH no clue but it doesn't look much, Trine and Braid might be good.

Have you played Bastion? Cause I'd recommend that.

Though tbh, Christmas sales aren't far away... unless your card (?) has an expiration date or doesn't mix with discounts, I'd wait.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
I'd definitely suggest to wait until Christmas. If the seal is anything like the last one, there'll be plenty of decent games to by for this sum.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
For the love of God and all that is holy,

COMMAND & CONQUER RED ALERT 3!!!

(I'm not kidding, it's a great game)

But if you're one of those crazy people who doesn't like RTS's or maybe you're super-awesome and already own the best game ever, I'd have to agree with the others that you should save it for the upcoming sales. With that, you can pretty much buy 20 games for $20.

Hint: Even Red Alert 3 might be going down to $4 again. Keep that in mind ;)

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'd save your money. Black Friday is two weeks away and Steam had a huge sale for it last year. You'll likely be able to get double the games you could now.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
shado_temple said:
At the moment, nothing. Save it for the ridiculousness that is the Christmas sale.
This, basically.

One of the golden rules of Steam. Everything goes on sale eventually.

And the X-mas sale (and the black friday sales) have been soooo gooooood.

Save it!

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
I'd personally wait until the holiday sales roll around, but if you're looking for instant gratification, Darksiders is a pretty great Zelda clone.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
i dont know about you, but im waiting for christmas. I mean seriously, $20 is a lot at a steam christmas sale

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Braid is great, but a bit flawed. While the story itself is great, the way it's presented to the player could definitely use some work (except for THAT ONE LEVEL. HOLY SHIT).

I recommend buying Bastion, then waiting for xmas sales. Get Braid now if you really want it, otherwise wait for it to go on sale.

michael-592

Mar 10, 2011
I would have to agree with most others here. Save your money for the Christmas Sale or even for one of the daily or weekly sales. It wouldn't surprise me entirely if they even had a sale for Thanksgiving, though I'm not sure if they have a history of it.

You can get 4 or more amazing games for 5 dollars or less on a sale that are much better then any of the ones you've listed. For example I've gotten Mass Effect 1 and 2, Bioshock, Borderlands, CS:S, Left 4 Dead 2, Terraria, and Civilization 4 for $5 each. I've gotten Company of Heroes, Rome: Total War, and DoD:S all for $2.50.

So yes you should wait.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
That Indie pack still there? Takes care of at least 10 bucks...

edit: just saw the poll... Braid is an absolute gem. And don't buy Darksiders! The Horror...*

*personal experience, off course.

edit 2: More borror than horror if you catch my drift? Get what I'm saying?
I'll stop now.