Poll: Henry Cavill is Geralt

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
SupahEwok said:
Are we gonna complain about a popular Western actor taking a minority's role?

No?

Poles are their own ethnic group.
I mean an English company taking a series of works that has been translated into English and sold incredibly well to English consumers is making a series in English and casting native-English speaking actors.

Wait until there are black actors/no black actors in the series and the fallout we get from that.

Oct 22, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
I like Henry Cavill, but he might be a bit too beefy and typically American looking for the part. Geralt has a very lean, almost emaciated, physique. We'll see, I guess.
Yeah, add "too young looking" to that, and you have my opinion.

But hey, maybe in this take he will show he's capable, who knows.
Samtemdo8 said:
Eh, the movie The Hunt prevents me from seeing him as a Witcher?

Wow, it's like ACTORS can play different roles.

How about this movie, then?

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
SupahEwok said:

No?

Yes West-Russians are an ethnic group, but they never seemed to mind being represented by foreigners in the past

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Cavill was pretty good in Tudors, and i enjoyed his preformance in The Man From UNCLE
The problem with the new superman movies is that they are pure brooding, angst and edge when it comes to script. Even Ian McKellan would sound terrible shouting "SAVE- MARTHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" under the boot of an equally angstily scripted Patrick Stewart.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CyanCat47 said:
Cavill was pretty good in Tudors, and i enjoyed his preformance in The Man From UNCLE
The problem with the new superman movies is that they are pure brooding, angst and edge when it comes to script. Even Ian McKellan would sound terrible shouting "SAVE- MARTHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" under the boot of an equally angstily scripted Patrick Stewart.
At least keep Geralt's humor completely dry please.

I mean he wasn't Tony Stark when it comes to personality :p

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
CyanCat47 said:
I kind of want to see those two act that out just to marvel at the spectacle of it. Then again, those two are good friends off set and might just do it for fun anyway.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
CyanCat47 said:
SupahEwok said:

No?

Yes West-Russians are an ethnic group, but they never seemed to mind being represented by foreigners in the past
Just because Slavs aren't bothered by it doesn't mean it's not an issue. We're busy being offended on the behalf of the slavic peoples.

Apr 17, 2009
CyanCat47 said:
Okay, you say it would sound terrible but I really want to see it...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
SupahEwok said:

No?

No, because no-one complained about non-British actors getting roles in Lord of the Rings.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
trunkage said:
CyanCat47 said:
MrCalavera said:
CyanCat47 said:
West-Russians
[TRIGGERS IN SLAVIC]
Sorry, my bad. What's the correct term, East Prussians, South Sweedes or North Austrians?
God damn. That's harsh.

How about name them after the areas taken in the partitions like Silensian?
I suppose we could go with Galician which is what they were called under the Austro-Hungarian empire, but since they have regained independence i think we should go back to calling them Lower-Lithuanians

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
vallorn said:
CyanCat47 said:
SupahEwok said:

No?

Just because Slavs aren't bothered by it doesn't mean it's not an issue. We're busy being offended on the behalf of the slavic peoples.
Last time british people did that, WW1 broke out

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
MrCalavera said:
CyanCat47 said:
MrCalavera said:
CyanCat47 said:
West-Russians
[TRIGGERS IN SLAVIC]
Sorry, my bad. What's the correct term, East Prussians, South Sweedes or North Austrians?
Well, i personally would preffer Bigger Czechs. No worries tho, i can see how slav identity might be a confusing subject for a North Dane :^)
I resent that. i'm a proud West Fin, not some lowly North Dane

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I am looking forward to see him haggling over the cost a book to learn about a monster, or wandering aimlessly for an hour looking for that last herb so he can make his potion.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
008Zulu said:
I am looking forward to see him haggling over the cost a book to learn about a monster, or wandering aimlessly for an hour looking for that last herb so he can make his potion.
Yeah but that's what turns a kill quests into something interesting.... nesting a fetch quest inside it.

Oct 22, 2011
008Zulu said:
"Hey buddy, how about a game of Gwent?"

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I always pictured Jurgen Prochnow for the role - his face is super gnarled, and he has the sternest looking face.

If the show doesn't work, it probably won't be Cavill's fault because it isn't an especially demanding role. Put a grey wig on someone and make him scowl; that's all the Witcher really is. The difficulty is in updating the story to a standard higher than that of a typical videogame plot.