Poll: Homeopathy

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
Some natural herbs and remedies work. I use horse radish and garlic to stop sneezing caused by a hay fever attack. I also use Arnica cream on my calves and hamstrings after playing a game of footy, works well for muscle soreness. Although there is a lot of bullshit out there as to what natural and alternative medicines can cure, the best thing to do is research and have a look at what info is out there on said medicine

and to be more on topic, I had no idea what homeopathy was til this thread. It looks 100% bonkers. So no go

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Well, penicillin is made from plants or something right?
And if weed and coke can have that much of mind altering effect, then maybe homeopathy works too.

That said, I dont think general homeopathy works.

RufusMcLaser

Mar 27, 2008
TopazFusion said:
Okay, well Homeopathy is nothing more than snake oil, pure and simple.

As for other alternatives medicines, some of them do seem to work. But I dare-say, it will be the work of the placebo effect, in most, if not all, cases.
First response nailed it.

Angie7F said:
Well, penicillin is made from plants or something right?
And if weed and coke can have that much of mind altering effect, then maybe homeopathy works too.

That said, I dont think general homeopathy works.
Weed, coke, penicillin (made from fungi, but I digress) all contain scientifically measurable ingredients whose chemical interactions are well understood. I assume you're still in primary school; if so, don't worry, you'll learn about this stuff before you graduate.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TopazFusion said:
Okay, well Homeopathy is nothing more than snake oil, pure and simple.

As for other alternatives medicines, some of them do seem to work. But I dare-say, it will be the work of the placebo effect, in most, if not all, cases.
It's also worth noting that if it works, "alternative medicine" becomes "medicine."