Poll: How bad do you procrastinate.

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Hey guys, so I have a HUGE school assignment we've had Thanksgiving break to do, and I'm not doing it right now because it's due in two days, not tomorrow. I get usually get things done the day before something's due, but I can't get myself to work on something before then.

Most people identify themselves as procrastinators, but how bad is it for you?

...I should really get to that homework....

I think the Escapist procrastinates more than anyone. Every time I ask it to make a poll, it puts it off and puts it off then just gives up. T_T

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
Oh, I am a terrible procrastinator. It's a main reason why I fail some of my classes. I get it into my mind that I'm gonna do something that's productive, but then I spend all day farting around on my computer.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I'm currently doing a lab report due by "noonish" today (Wednesday), and I've had all the stuff to do the lab report for at least three weeks.

Really captcha?

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
oh man.. i used to procrastinate so bad on everything i dont know how i survived school i guess it was because i could slap smth up quickly that was as good as some people who worked on things for months.. so hooray for ingenuity! :D

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
In my writing class there are 5 essays in total, 5 pages each for the semester. We finished all 5 already.

I did all 5 the night before the due date (rough AND final drafts)

Also i did my greek and roman essay (3 pages) when i woke up in the morning, and handed it in at noon.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
I hold everything until the last minute. That way, it'll only take 1 minute to do it! My logic is infallible.

VyseRogueKing

Oct 27, 2011
I had to write an essay in one night. I had started opened word processor at 7 pm. I didn't start writing till 5 AM. There was some serious procrastination in between.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I'm such a procrastinator that I left my exam revision until the night before. Still managed to answer everything with a somewhat understandable explanation in my bio exam!

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Burst6 said:
In my writing class there are 5 essays in total, 5 pages each for the semester. We finished all 5 already.

I did all 5 the night before the due date (rough AND final drafts)

Also i did my greek and roman essay (3 pages) when i woke up in the morning, and handed it in at noon.
That's... impressive. Maybe I should borrow some of that concentration.

As for me, it is entirely , hilariously possible for me to fail senior highschool year if I don't drag my german grade up from a 45%. It's hilarious because this could have been avoided if I had just sucked it up and taken latin and two years of foreign instead of all four years of foreign.

In other words, in order to avoid unpleasantness three years ago, I now have to deal with even more unpleasantness now, three years later.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im doing a ten page Business Report, a Powerpoint for it, a huge accounting simulation, and have to write two pages for an ethics group paper. all due tomorrow, having anywhere from two weeks to four weeks to do it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Increasingly less and less. University has actually scared me into doing stuff BEFORE the due date. Which is good, because I usually end up in crunch-time anyways. ;_;

For instance, we had three weeks to program a Lunar Lander game in C. I started two days after it was assigned. I still got trapped in crunch-time.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Lemme see.

I'm only now doing the project that's due tomorrow.
I haven't started the one that's due Friday.
Out of the four approved arts events that I need to go to by December 7th, I've gone to two (and hadn't gone to any before the start of last week).
I haven't started the three projects due December 7/8th.

It's going to be a fun next couple of days...

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I always save actually doing homework or assignments for the last minute. It hasn't come back to bite me in the ass yet, but I'm still only a high school junior.

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
On the first day of this school year, September 2, a project was introduced for history. We were told it would be a major deciding factor in our grade, something like 20%. It is due in a matter of weeks, and I still have not even started it, and have no intention to until the night before it's due. I go by the now-famous phrase, "due tomorrow? Do tomorrow."

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Solaire of Astora said:
I always save actually doing homework or assignments for the last minute. It hasn't come back to bite me in the ass yet, but I'm still only a high school junior.
I'd break that. Not only are you less annoyed the day it's due, procrastination tends to take pretty big chunks when it finally bites. :/