Poll: How bad is your current backlog?

Brown_Coat117

Oct 22, 2010
Just a few for me, although a few are quiet lengthy.

Alpha Protocol
Age of Wonders 3
The Banner Saga
Fallout New Vegas

Just scratched out Mirrors Edge earlier today.

Nix33

Jul 5, 2014
I have one hundred games in my Steam library. Of those one hundred games, I probably installed forty or forty-five, and played maybe thirty.

Help me.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Judging by the poll and general replies, the majority seems to be enjoying buying more than playing.
It's a hobby too I suppose.

T_ConX said:
That's really smart. I just use Word to write down the games I still need to beat.
Also, Tharja is the best! Too bad during my playthrough I used a girl Avatar, so I can't marry her.

GonzoGamer said:
6-10 is under control?
I thought that was pretty bad.
I'm still playing GTA Online. If they keep updating it and the community keeps adding content, I'll never move on.
It may be just me though, but 6-10 still sounds manageable. I beat a game or two, depends on the length in approximately 1-2 weeks.

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
I tend not to buy something unless I do actually want to play it so I went with reasonable 1-5, that is only the case right now as the summer sale ended.

Playing through AC4 right now, SR4 is next, then Nexus from GOG is up for getting replayed, not sure if that really counts though as it is a repurchase after having to leave disc copy back home.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
It's in the multiple hundreds.

I am playing through them more or less at random... but the fact I keep returning to some real time sinks I love isn't helping much.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Not too bad really, the consoles get the most attention because they're the most comfortable/less irritating to play with/on.

PC
Rome 2 Total War (Still not finished a campaign yet, maps too big and its feels like I'm going nowhere, though I am trying)
Half Life 2 (Sue me)
Towerfall Ascension (bibibibibibibibibi)
Call of Duty Ghosts (Still in the wrapper. Sorry Uncle, I'm just not interested)
Dragon Age Origins (Slow, slow, slow game)
Wargame: European Escalation (Terrible all round, what a waste of money)
Skyrim (Had it near 3 years and still not finished it, too boring for me)
The Witcher 2 (boring, awful combat, can't find the will to go near it again)
System Shock 2 (again, not as fun as I remember it)
Knights of the Old Republic 2 (14 years later and I still can't be bothered finishing it)
Hitman: Absolution (Still in the plastic wrapper)
From Dust (....what the hell)

PS1
All finished

PS2
All finished

PS3
Only FFX HD, which I'm currently playing through now

PS4
WatchDogs (The case is here next to the console, but the disk is somewhere down the back of the garden and hasn't been seen for a dew weeks....)

All finished, all sold

Wii
All finished

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Sack of Cheese said:
GonzoGamer said:
6-10 is under control?
I thought that was pretty bad.
I'm still playing GTA Online. If they keep updating it and the community keeps adding content, I'll never move on.
It may be just me though, but 6-10 still sounds manageable. I beat a game or two, depends on the length in approximately 1-2 weeks.
Then I guess that makes sense. I think I have very few games that can be finished in 1-2 weeks.
Now that I think of it, I have a huge backlog in GTA Online itself. I have a shitload of crazy jobs I've bookmarked and not played once.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Mine is abysmal. I very rarely finish games I buy, but I don't mind so much. I consider enjoying what I have played to be enough. Doing a complete count across all my systems would take far too long, but suffice to say just counting PC games it's over 100. Of the games in my steam library, less than half have ever been installed, and only a miniscule fraction of those ever finished.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
wooty said:
Rome 2 Total War (Still not finished a campaign yet, maps too big and its feels like I'm going nowhere, though I am trying)
I got it in a Humble Bundle and haven't even really tried it yet. Of what you have played, any good?

Half Life 2 (Sue me)
Me too. *shamed face* I gave my xbox to a friend with cancer. Along with HL2 that I had gotten pretty far into. Now I have it on Steam. Trying again!
Call of Duty Ghosts (Still in the wrapper. Sorry Uncle, I'm just not interested)
When PS4 version hits $20, I'll buy it. Maybe PS3 version as well to compare, contrast, and make myself feel a wee bit less idiotic for getting the PS4 too early!
Dragon Age Origins (Slow, slow, slow game)
Was loving it till a character asked if I want to go on an adventure, only an extra $15 in real money! Took me right out of the game. I have tried to get back into it, but by today's standards, it is very old!
Skyrim (Had it near 3 years and still not finished it, too boring for me)
I would agree EXCEPT!!! I am playing PC and until playing with mods, I'd agree with you. What crap. With mods? I have ultimate power. And I replaced the moon with a Death Star!!! I beat the campaign twice. With mods/cheats, it is a hoot!
The Witcher 2 (boring, awful combat, can't find the will to go near it again)
I feel so guilty. I have not been able to get into this! There are mods for it. I'll try again. Maybe it is another Skyrim in the making.
Hitman: Absolution (Still in the plastic wrapper)
I'm stuck. Loving what I've done so far. But I'm stuck.
All finished, all sold
The boy just got slim system, extra controller and Madden 25 for total $80. I paid $50 to get him 320 Gig HD. Seems worth it. Gamestop had 2 for 3 sale and I got him Halo 4 so I could play it. It is now, in my backlog.
Wii
All finished
Now you have to get a Wii U. More fun, so far, than a PS4. IMHO.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I'm somewhere in the 10 to 20 zone. But I'm getting through them!

I'm not buying any other games until Dragon Age Inquisition, so I should get through most of them.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Before the steam sales i was only 4 games, after more like 12. So im now struggling to catch up.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Between my Wii U,Wii,Xbox 360,Original Xbox,PS2,Gamecube and PC I reckon it's easily over 100.Makes a pleasant change from when I first started gaming and would have to constantly play the same games over and over cos I would only get maybe 4 or 5 games in a whole year

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Gorfias said:
wooty said:
I got it in a Humble Bundle and haven't even really tried it yet. Of what you have played, any good?
I hated it at first and it started out very very poor. Constant crashes, severely bugged AI, serious graphics glitches, turns took somewhere between 3-5 minutes to process, crashing to desktop, sometimes no music.

But in all honesty, the games is pretty good now, definitely more playable than it was. I wouldn't say it was perfect or anywhere near as polished or complete as Shogun 2 was/is, but its now really worth a play. Got 50 hours in on it so far, and thats just the one Roman campaign...:s

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
More than five-hundred. Yes, I am serious. I have long ago accepted that I will die before I can ever finish it.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
wooty said:
Gorfias said:
wooty said:
I hated it at first and it started out very very poor. Constant crashes, severely bugged AI, serious graphics glitches, turns took somewhere between 3-5 minutes to process, crashing to desktop, sometimes no music.

But in all honesty, the games is pretty good now, definitely more playable than it was. I wouldn't say it was perfect or anywhere near as polished or complete as Shogun 2 was/is, but its now really worth a play. Got 50 hours in on it so far, and thats just the one Roman campaign...:s
I actually got Shogun 2 for $20 some time ago. I never finished training! It is great though and I kick myself for not finishing. When I see stuff like this, I know I have to get back into this game.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
The only game that I have that is not finished (aside from FFXIV since I bought that yesterday) is Ni no Kuni. The only reason why I didn't finish it is because the objective marker glitched out on me, and I was too far in to just restart.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
I have reached the point where its highly unlikely that I will ever clear it, dozens and dozens of games spread across my PC and three consoles and its inevitable that I will end up getting a PS4 and Xbone before long which will only make things worse. My problem is impulse and boredom buying of systems and games, I see something and think "that looks cool" and don't play it.

I also have a terrible habit of starting a game and playing a portion of it and then getting sidetracked by something else shiny thing (not necessarily games, I impulse buy gadgets too) and stop playing, this can happen a couple of times until I am utterly fed up of the first few hours of a game so when I sit down and resolved to playing it through I think "fuck this, this sucks I don't wanna play this". Which then rinse and repeats every time I get resolved to playing it but the start of the game gets more and more overplayed.