Poll: How bad is your current backlog?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
If we're counting the 'free' games on playstation plus... It's gotten pretty damn out of hand. If not, then it's like 5 games.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I am under no personal obligations to complete games that I have. So 0, but I do have game's I haven't completed.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Currently just Metro: Last Light, but I need to be in the right mood to play that.

My TV series/film backlog has gone down to just Game of Thrones (beyond season 1) and The Walking Dead (beyond season 3).

I'm pretty happy with my backlog at the moment.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I've got about 30 or so games on my backlog across all platforms, so not too bad, that being said, a lot of the games on my backlog are ones that came out of a bundle amd I don't really want to play, if we don't count those, my backlog comes down to about 12 games

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Over 260 titles on Steam alone, of which 200-ish are completely unplayed.

Then there's some stuff on GOG, Desura, and an unknown number of Wii and GBA/DS games. I even have a few PS2 games, including Persona 3 and 4.

This is pretty insane.

I'm working on it, though! I finished Gone Home and Shadowrun: Dragonfall pretty recently, and I'm in the middle of Aquaria at the moment.

joest01

Apr 15, 2009
I answered 20-50 but depending on what constitutes backlog it might be more, or less.

I am counting games I actually plan to finish. Some games I am many hours in and need to get back to at some point (e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles). Or things I plan to do in games I have already finished. Like finally completing a master ninja or dante must die run. Or kill the post game boss in White Knight Chronicles 2. I am not counting all the games I put aside because they didn't grab me.

Nor am I counting all the PS+ games I start and stop after a couple of hours.

Some are of course somewhere in the middle. I never plan to touch El Shaddai again (spent about 10h with it). Or Hitman. Or Soul Sacrifice. However, a game like Dragon's Dogma or Amalur I might eventually get back to.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
What a surprise. I just posted my incomplete Backlog in other Thread. Well then, here it is:

http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-no-possible-play/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-4-no-possible-pl/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-6-listal-wanted/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-steamgreenlight-/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-5-steamgreenligh/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-2-possibly-i-wil/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/so-many-videogames-i-want-to-play-7-possibly-i-wil/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/videogames-i-am-ready-to-play/
http://www.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/videogames-i-am-ready-to-play-2/

Plus the games I have in Listal and Desura I didn't listed in here.

But yeah, I know I will never play them all of them, so because of my realisation I am more free to do other thing in real life.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Unkillable Cat said:
Between bundles, the steam sale, impulse purchases, and starting up a new business and a parent mine is getting to obscene. My consoles is probably about 20 games, and my steam is in the 150+ range. GoG isn't as bad, only about 5 or 6.

I have reached the age where I no longer see a game and think
"this looks awesome I must play it to completion several times over"
and more
"this will look great on my shelf"

I blame my brain for not catching up with the fact that my son is now 4 (almost 5) and I no longer have time for hours long gaming sessions. Hell Im lucky if I get more than an hour or two of free time, and Im in a position to spend more so the impulses are harder to resist.
Feel the same my frien, feel the same......minus the family thing. I don't have a son yet.

Now I mostly buy the games becuase I know "someday" I will find time to play it. The keyword is someday.
That why I gave up the "I MUST play them all" attitude long ago.
I am now mostly "I will buy it, then maybe I will play it"

I have other things in my life to do.........
That why I love creating lists on everything.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
I only started playing games in earnest about 5 or 6 years ago and for a few years there I was furiously collecting to try to "catch up" on all the old gems I'd missed. So my backlog is...
well counting Steam it's over a hundred lets put it that way.

This has the side benefit of me rarely if ever feeling like I "need" to buy any given game immediately. I can always chisel away at my backlog until that $60 new release is $5 for the GOTY edition on a Steam sale. About half the games I've gotten the last few years have been gifts actually.

Colour Scientist said:
[sub][sub]I don't have a backlog, I wish I had one. :([/sub][/sub]

I've been broke for a long time now so games have been at the bottom of my priority list.
I've just about finished college and I started work two weeks ago so that should change soon.

I'm getting my hands on Mass Effect 2 and 3 next week though so that should keep me occupied for a while.
There's an affordable way to build a backlog fast, especially (but not only) if you like Indie and/or Retro games. During a big seasonal sale (usually Christmas or the just-passed mid-Summer) go on Gog.com and Steam. For the price of one new release you can get enough games to keep you occupied for literally months if you spend wisely. I find it's a good idea to brows Gog and Steam in the meantime to build up a wishlist so you don't wind up blowing all your money on stuff you don't really want during said sales.

PS- Also a good idea to keep a look out for Humble/Indie Bundles.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
of course, it doesn't help when one buys literally stacks of PS1 and PS2 games at once (had a late start in the current gen era of games...had been all PC and cartridge consoles before)...with the pre-set knowledge that it would take a while to even get to them.

My anime and movie library is just as bad...a literal bookshelf that has gone untouched.

Speaking of bookshelves...I also partake of bargain bins at the bookshops all the time...so I have HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of books (mostly sci-fi/fantasy) that I have yet to read.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Voted 20-50 games
I'll go through my steamlist now and point out games I 'intend' to play some day but may never get around to...

1) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
2) Assassin's Creed Revelations
3) Assassin's Creed 3
4) Bastion
5) The Binding of Isaac
6) Dead Space 3
7) Mark of the Ninja
8) Max Payne
9) Max Payne 2
10) Max Payne 3
11) Rayman Origins
12) Spec Ops: The Line
13) The Walking Dead: Season 2
14) Worms revolution
15) XCOM: Enemy Unknown
16) Ys 1
17) YS 2
18) Ys Origin
19) Ys The Oath in Felghana
20) ...

Guess I should have voted under 20. There are other games I own that I may try out but I'm not actively interested in like Prince of Persia (that newest cell shaded one for lack of a better term). Older Xcom games if I get into Enemy Unknown, Civ 4 (I've heard it's the superior entry though I love Civ 5).

Most of this backlog has Diablo 3 to blame.
Only recently have I switch my main gaming addition over to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

On the bright side..I've pretty much stopped buying games for the last year and half. There are plenty I'm interested in but I recognize that it's not worth it until I get into the backlog. In fact, the ONLY game I'm buying this year is Dragon Age: Inquisition. I've already started replaying DA:O in preparation :D

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
My number of backlog is more than I'd like. I put 6 - 10 games in poll but truthfully, its probably between 10 and 30 games.

I stopped buying games because I simply don't have time for it anymore, not to mention that good portion of today's game industry is a total cancer.

But my backlog keeps increasing because I don't play enough to keep at pace with games that Playstation Plus gives me.

Its sad really. When I was little I played shit out of one single game because I didn't have money to pay for games and I wanted to make the most of it. :/

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Pretty bad...plus...I have only played 10 hours of Persona 4 Golden. So...my backlog of games isn't depleting any time soon.

I have the entire Thief series to complete.
Doom 3 BFG
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut
The ARMA games
LA Noire
Watch Dogs (assuming it ever becomes stable enough to play)
State of Decay
Condemned: Criminal Origins and Condemned 2 (though I have already played 2, just not for a long time)
Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon
I can't remember how long I've had the Batman Arkham games just sitting there...

This is not even counting my PS3 games. My Steam list is mostly unused. Plus I have a bunch of multiplayer games. Playing games has never been so...stressful. Damn job...but I need my job to buy the games. But if I buy more games I can't play them because of my job.

Siyano_v1legacy

Jul 27, 2010
I must be one of the rare person with no back log, although I have almost 30 hours of possible playtime per week and I am very very difficult when I'm choosing what to buy, I may have 3 games in my active list and only because they are roguelike and don't really have an end or the end is very hard to achieve, Don't Starve, Risk of Rain and FTL right now and I mostly left Don't Starve and FTL

I have a hard time finding game to play and like for more than few hours
Oh well :)

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Hm, never really dared to count it before now... and it's worse than I thought.

On my console I've got a decent handle on things:
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
    LA Noir
    Red Dead Redemption
    Enslaved Odyssey to the West
    GTA 4 DLC's

5 games, that's manageable...

PC:
  • Bastion
    Brütal Legend
    Brothers - A tale of two sons
    Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition
    Darksiders 2
    TES V: Skyrim (after over 600 hours played I've still not finished the main quest :p)
    Europa Universalis IV
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Magica (the DLC's)
    Outlast
    Tomb Raider
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

13 games. That's more than I thought, which makes for a total of 18 games.

The steam summer sale really added a lot to my PC backlog (all but Skyrim and The Witcher 2). And those 600 hours of Skyrim and 227 of XCOM that followed sure haven't helped shorten the list much either... I've only finished 10 other games since the release of Skyrim.

I'd better get off this forum and back to playing through my backlog :)

Stg

Jul 19, 2011
Just from Steam alone (if I count all my consoles, this list would probably never end)

Played, but never beat:

A Valley Without Wind
Amnesia: The Dark Decent
The Binding of Isaac (I have most achievements, but I want Golden God)
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 2 (And I don't plan on ever playing it since EA turned the franchise into a hand holding adventure)
Skyrim (800+ hours and never finished the MQ)
Empire: Total War (too buggy at launch - maybe it's playable now)
Far Cry 3 (too boring)
Far Cry 2 (too boring)
Far Cry (too long and became boring)
Oddworld (now that I have a controller, I need to replay these)
Sol Survivor (Dungeon Defenders is the only tower defense game you need)
Spiral Knights (because **** micro-transactions)
Starbound (very fun, just very unfinished)
The Swapper
Torchlight 2
Total War: Rome 2
Total War: Shogun 2 (I prefer Medieval 2 still)
Trine 2
UnEpic (currently playing now)
The Witcher

And now the games I have yet to even play...

A Valley Without Wind 2
Anno 2070
Banished
Counter Strike (eh...)
Dead Island Riptide
Fallout: New Vegas
From Dust
GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City (didn't realize this game was 14GB until I bought it...)
Grim Dawn (Waiting for a more finished product)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Orcs Must Die!
Orcs Must Die! 2
Reus
Sacred 2 Gold
Sacred Citadel
Saint's Row The Third
Sniper Elite V2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
State of Decay
The Walking Dead
The Witcher 2

When I put it down, it doesn't look so bad. I'll save this list and start knocking them off periodically.