Poll: How do you climb stairs?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
could do 3 but why waste my time when i can sprint on stairs by going 2 steps at a time?

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Two, usually.
One if there are lots of people around. I don't trust my depth perception.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I tend to use my feet. But once I get super powers, I plan to just fly up stairs and not bother anymore.

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
during the day i fly up 2-3 at a time, at night i have to tip toe snail's pace down as my neighbour has ears like a cat and since i have no carpet, he complains that i stamp down even though i dont >.>

KindOfnElf

Mar 15, 2010
Two, and always running. But when in high heels I walk as elegantly as possible one at the time, you won't even think I am the savage I can be sometimes when I am wearing sneakers. xD And vice versa.

Zelbio

Mar 29, 2009
For some reason I always climb stairs 2 at a time, and skip the last step when walking down.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
ShadowKatt said:
I do it on all fours. I don't have the greatest depth perception.

That being said, it classical Katty fashion, it's much harder to get back down than it was to get up....
This. Although i usually reserve this method for the home environment, as opposed to say, work.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
One step at a time so I get the full workout! (There's also the subsequent feeling of "I made a mistake!")

R3dF41c0n

Feb 11, 2009
And here I thought I was weird for taking two steps at a time. That must be a gamer trait.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
1 step at a time because my steps are wider than usual...on a side note if i feel exited i will go on all fours and sprint up the steps like a mad man....and i can climb all 13 in about 1 sec.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Two at a time. On the way down, one at a time, but skip over the last one.

This is the greatest thread that has ever been made.

mdk31

Apr 2, 2009
Depends on the situation. If I have a heavy backpack on, for instance, I'll go one at a time. Often I'll go two or three, however; possibly even four if I'm feeling particularly adventurous.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Two at a time going up, unless the stairs are really shallow, in which case it's three or four at a time. Going down, I tend to take it one at a time, letting my momentum carry me down. Two at a time is faster going up because my muscles are doing all the work, but going down, the pull of gravity is enough that I can go down quite quickly simply moving my feet over to the next step.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I live in Australia! By LAW there must be elevators and escalators everywhere, working all the time ... to protect us from the barbarous practices of taking *hmph* stairs.

In truth I only take stairs when I'm having a 'fat day' ande are really self concious about any perception of fat I might have ... usually disappears in 24 hours <.<

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
I always do one at a time. I don't think it makes a huge difference, since I walk along with people that sometimes do two at a time. I do more steps, but each one is faster

.Warheart

May 1, 2009
2 at a time, really fast. I love speed when it comes to doing things that really have no purpose other then being an obstacle.