Poll: How do you feel about the denial of EA being the Worst Company in America?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
There are FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR...x90001...companies than EA.

The problem is the internet is FILLED with people that are:
Ignorant of the practices of other companies.
Obsessed to the point of CREEPY and pathetic when it comes to their HOBBY.
Or...just plain stupid.

EA are jerks, just like Ubisoft, and I don't deny that when it comes to VIDEO GAME COMPANIES...
They're ONE of the worst.

But?
When it comes to WORST-COMPANIES-IN-AMERICA!!!
They're not even in the Top 20.

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
Honestly, I've never loved or hated EA. I never thought any of there decisions they made pissed me off or, at the very least, pissed me off to where the internet gets when E.A is mentioned. I didn't think the Mass Effect 3 ending was as bad as everyone made it out to be, I wasn't annoyed when Dead Space 3 had micro-transactions, and I didn't see any problem in Making Syndicate an FPS game. Stuff like Online Pass and DRM, yeah I hate that. But, maybe it's because I mostly buy New Games or that I'm not big into multiplayer (I do like it though), or that I'm not a P.C gamer, but those never pissed me off as much as everyone does.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
kiri2tsubasa said:
Those that say EA is the worst company in the US need to get some fucking perspective. You have companies like Bank of America, BP, Dow-chemicals, Union Carbide, that still exist, yeah. Those that say EA is the worst need to get out of their precious little bubble and realize that in the grand scheme of things EA is IRRELEVANT.
As is an internet poll by a website. Do you really think Bank of America, British Petroleum, Dow-Chemical and Union Carbide give a shit about being named the worst company in america on "The Consumerist". They probably wouldn't even acknowledge it in a press release. Meanwhile EA has shown that they are actually paying attention to this poll even though they still don't care, if we can make them uncomfortable, they might begin to think about treating customers like customers instead of shit with money.

TheLycanKing144

Mar 3, 2013
The EA "hate" is overblown. I agree they do have some bad business practices with things like online passes and EA accounts etc..., but as a whole the company produces and publishes great games and as long as they keep doing that I'll continue to give them my money and support them. EA has never actually "wronged" me in any personal way, nor is there anything that would suggest them to be the "devil" of the industry.

If anyone honestly thinks EA is the worst company in America then they need to get outside more as that is not even close to the truth. There are so many companies out there that are FAR worse, such as AIG, Wells Fargo (a dirty banking firm), what EA does doesn't even come close to these guys. Those companies were directly responsible for the 2008 recession that caused millions of people to lose their homes and jobs.

Those companies actually harmed people, EA has never done that. The EA hate is just over exaggerated by the internet.