Poll: How do you have your tea?

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
Black tea, no milk nor sugar. It should be noted that my teacup is actually a ceramic beer mug because I have no regular cups.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
I usually switch between oolong or green, and only if I'm having someone over for dinner. I usually only drink water.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Earl Grey with honey (sugar if there's none) and lemon. Usually drink it twice a day, with breakfast and dinner. I find tea almost necessary in the morning, I need to drink a few sips before I'm ready to eat something... wakes me up and opens up my appetite.

I enjoy it with milk and sugar too, but that's more for when I'm drinking it outside meals, especially if I'm at someone else's house as it kinda lasts longer.

Also love chamomile, especially with honey, but mostly drink it when I'm sick.

tehroc said:
Tea with milk?!? WTF is wrong with you people? Tea isn't strong enough to get cut with a dairy (but then I drink espresso black/unsweetened). Why ruin a fine tea by diluting it?
It's not about cutting it, it's about the taste. But if you think tea isn't strong enough, get some tea leaves and boil some water in a pot. Once boiling, throw in green tea, turn off the burner, but leave the pot closed for 10-15 minutes. Makes Turkish coffee look like apple juice :p

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Whatever Lipton Iced Tea would be classified as.

Man, I love me some Lipton.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Black tea with just enough milk to make it white. Taken very, very sweet and served fairly strong. I hate it when tea tastes too "thin". I'm extremely precise (read: OCD) with how its prepared too, after finally getting the formula down right.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to enjoy a sip from the cup I prepared just minutes ago.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
How about black with plenty of sugar and on ice? Bit of a Euro-centric poll, there :p

On the rare occasion that I do drink hot tea, I have it without milk, unless it's some weird herbal thing like chai tea.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Black tea sometimes with and sometimes without milk, sometimes one lump of sugar and sometimes none.
tehroc said:
Tea isn't strong enough to get cut with a dairy
Then you definitely have been doing it wrong.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
I like all teas! Black, green, oolong, white, rooibos, herbal, and others. If it's hot, I take it straight, no milk or sugar. If it's iced, I take it with just a teensie bit of sugar/honey/sweetener. I like my tea to taste like tea, not tea + stuff.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
I only drink tea when I'm sick, at which time I'll be guzzlin' it down like a Champ Brit.

Earl Grey, spoonful of honey in there (helps the throat), and a dab of milk to reduce the temperature to a point where it won't make me need a hospital, rather than tea.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
I voted for black tea without milk, but I love them all at least pretty close to the same. Except Oolong because I've never actually had it. Growing up in the the Southern States, sweetened, iced tea was a staple of my childhood. Then a brief trip to London taught me the wonders of black tea with milk and brown sugar. Then I dated a hippie-type girl who got me drinking green tea regularly. I'm a practical tea connoisseur.

Furthermore:

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I drink my tea straight, but the only flavors I like are black and green. Black tea is good in winter when I want something to warm me up (I don't like hot cocoa, so I use tea as a substitute) and I drink green tea all the time.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I have regular tea, preferably PG Tips, with a not much milk and left to brew for a minute or two. I hate it when people put the teabag in, bash it around for 10 seconds and take it out. THAT ISN'T A PROPER CUP OF TEA!

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Green jasmine without milk for me right now but I change it up each month.
I drink alot of tea, I have an entire shelf in my cupboard for it.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Maybe I'm a minority, but I think milk in tea is just gross. I like my tea with sugar and nothing else. Milk/creamer is for coffee.