Poll: How do you have your tea?

Latenz1134

Feb 23, 2012
I do enjoy some Earl Grey, however I seldom put anything in it apart from some milk occasionally.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Take mug.
Put T-bag in mug.
Put two teaspoons of sugar in mug.
Add hot water.
Stir.
Add milk.
Stir again.
Drink.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
There are more types of tea than Black and Green... you also have white and red!

I drink black teas... sometimes flavoured, but usually Earl Grey! I also drink it Whoopi Goldberg... i.e. Black none!

(The other named tea being Julie Andrews... White none)
???

The four main teas (actually made from tea leaves) are black, green, white, and oolong. No such thing as "red tea". Remember that the name of the tea is from the leaves used, not the final colour of the tea drink.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Scrustle said:
gh0ti said:
Scrustle said:
Although I've never come across "black" being used to describe tea before.
Eh? How else do you describe tea without milk?
Well I've heard of black coffee, coffee without milk, but the OP says black tea with milk, which confused me. So I just guessed he was referring to normal brown tea. I guess that type of tea is technically Indian tea.
Black tea is tea made from fully grown green tea leaves that left in the sun to oxidize, and are left looking black. Teas work different from coffees; the name comes from the colour of the leaves, not the drink.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
DRes82 said:
Maybe I'm a minority, but I think milk in tea is just gross. I like my tea with sugar and nothing else. Milk/creamer is for coffee.
You have it exactly backwards, my son! Coffee is meant to taken black, anything else in it is just gross. Whereas tea was clearly not perfected until it had milk and sugar added to it!

As for me, I drink black tea with milk and... honey. Honey is definitely my preferred sweetener, but I'll use sugar in a pinch.

Hollyday

Mar 5, 2012
I don't drink tea, which is a constant source of bewilderment and disbelief to my friends and family!

Brainpaint

Sep 28, 2011
I mostly have black tea with milk but I've got half a cuboard full of different types of teas. Acai and blueberry, ginger and lemon (DANN GOOD cold treatment), lemon green tea, loganberry...

I also friggin love bubble tea. Hot or cold it's always good. A lot of other people that have tryed it that I know don't like it. But I don't care.

Kentr_Wrolfsong

Aug 22, 2011
Irish Breakfast or Earl Grey in the morning, no milk or sugar. At night, decaf with a spoonful of honey and a single squirt of lemon.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I love myself a proper mug of saloop! And if you don't know what saloop is then you're clearly unfamiliar with the work of one of the greatest authors currently living. Base is black, of course, but a mug of saloop really hits the spot! Thpugh technically I'm not actually referring to the traditional drink, 'salep', so a Wiki search will do you no good.

If you do know what it is that I mean, by the way, than you have my utmost respect :)

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Black with a bit of milk, green and white straight. Sugar does not belong in a tea.

Fiery Killer

Dec 25, 2010
Black, Green, Hot, Iced, Flavored, whatever. As long as it has sweet 'n low in it I'll drink it. Don't give me that splenda crap, it's disgusting.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Iced with a lemon wedge; I don't really care what variety of tea it is, most I've tried are good.