Poll: How Do You Justify Music Piracy?

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
People that say music isn't expensive are spouting bullshit.
An album costs 20-50 dollars around here. That's not cheap.

It can be justified if it just can't be practically bought anywhere I guess. Like, where the hell are you going to find an Animals As Leaders CD in Tauranga?

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
If i like the band's music I go out and watch them play, maybe twice if i can, then i buy their t-shirt. This way I can make sure the band gets as much money as possible!

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
I was under the impression that musicians made their money from gigs and concerts, not CD sales, isn't that where the record companies make money? a tour of a country like America can earn a musician more money then their CD's will make in the same amount of time.

spacewalker

Sep 13, 2010
i dont really care much for the licenced stuff, there is enough music being made for free.
The main thing musicians have going for them are performances, you can really pirate a live performence, by that i mean that a recording is not live.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Dear everybody advocating ridiculously broad condemnations of pirates:

Please go turn yourself in and accept the $10.000.000 lawsuit because Copyright Infringement also includes stuff like copying stuff from a CD to an iPod or similar.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
haddaway234 said:
It is fine to pirate music, because artists make no money from record sales and record companies are just terrible loan operators who screw over artists and make billions off their hard work.

So i'd rather noone makes cash than they do.

If you are really interested in the subject I wrote my dissertation on this, I can easily PM you it.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Bands themselves make more money off Merch and gig tickets than CD's, more than half of that goes to the labels/producers.

Plus, they get people interested in their music.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
KnowYourOnion said:
If i like the band's music I go out and watch them play, maybe twice if i can, then i buy their t-shirt. This way I can make sure the band gets as much money as possible!
This is the best thing you can do for an artist, good on you sir!

Our band is just uploading our own music to torrents and hoping the buzz gets us some attendance at gigs.