Poll: How do you see virgins?

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Future conquests ;) haha

OT: Does it really matter if someone is a virgin, we're all virgins at some point, though they're pretty rare in Essex these days (not a good thing).

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Depending on their age:
20, so they haven't had sex, so what?
>45, um...... don't believe them./feel sorry for them.
Now if they are being abstinent for marriage I think of them as fools. Sex is not something uber-special. Have fun with it, have fun with someone (preferably someone you like, but hey thats your thing).

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
jawakiller said:
Virgin by choice or nerds? Theres a big difference between the two.
The former? Good for them but they don't know what they're missing.
The latter? I pity you. (and they still don't know what they're missing).
ehhh... I was planning on waiting till marriage but then I found the girl I love and simply couldn't hold it back. And I have to say, I was honestly underwhelmed. Was it because it wasn't good or she wasn't hott enough or something? bahahah, absolutely not. All I'll say is that she's a hip hop dancer (and I mean she's danced with the likes of major hip hop and pop star artists, including Michael Jackson's dance troupe) and they have GREAT endurance and she can SERIOUSLY work it (not to mention the hot bod).

What I mean by being underwhelmed is that I could have waited. Given the VAST number of other mysteries we could explore with eachother, adventures to be had, etc., sex just seemed not to be all that special. I guess I don't see why more people CAN'T wait... I feel like people enjoy sex more because of its allure than because its actually something worthwhile to pursue.
Because society drills into teenager's minds that if they haven't had sex they are little more than a pathetic loser who can't get any. Sex just for the sake of having sex is completely meaningless and gains you nothing aside from a brief moment of pleasure... or a lot of shame since you fucked it up.

What happens after you have sex really? You don't re-enter the world and suddenly become a competitent person. You're just a person who has had sex. Get over it: it's not that big a deal...

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
lockeslylcrit said:
Delicious, if you cook them right.
No, cooking spoils the meat.

I probably am going to be a virgin for most if not all of my life, so I view them rather positively. Not being angsty, I have a low sex drive and I'm nervous around new people.

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
Archangel357 said:
Flare Phoenix said:
It's idiotic things like this topic that force so many people to have sex at such a young age. Now whether or not your first time is really that important I would have no idea as I am still a virgin myself, but making people feel like crap just because they haven't partaken in the meaningless act of sex is pathetic.

If you judge someone negatively purely because they are a virgin, then you deserve to be stabbed in the face.
Yeah, sex isn't exactly "meaningless", buddy. People have been writing songs and poems and books about how great it is since mankind learned to write. And since you haven't tried it, any judgement from you regarding it is both void and not a little bit suspect.

Now, of course peer pressure is stupid. But to go the opposite route isn't much smarter. And by the way, since you judge people and their activities, aggression on your side towards those who do the same thing - just from a different perspective - isn't really warranted. Except for nazis, communists, terrorists, rapists, child abusers, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, NOBODY deserves to be stabbed in the face.
People have also written books about vampires that glitter in sunlight... what's your point? Not all sex is meaningless, I never said that: it can be a pure expression of your love towards another person (not to mention to whole baby-making thing). But having sex just to have sex so society doesn't view you as a hopeless loser is meaningless in my opinion.

Sep 14, 2009
well on a friend level, i couldn't care less really, cool if you've done it, if not, no big deal.

if i'm on the dating level though, as long as she hasn't had sex with a ridiculous amount of guys and her vag is a seeping pink bowl, i can roll with whatever

Pointer

Mar 19, 2010
Um, considering that seeing the status of someone's virginity is nigh impossible, I don't know either OP.

And yes I know what you mean :p

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Murray Whitwell said:
It depends on why they're a virgin. I find the whole abstaining until marriage or even treating virginity as something special to be extremely pretentious.
"It is the infantile superstition of man that virginity be seen a virtue rather than the barrier separating ignorance from knowledge" - François-Marie Arouet
For the sake of argument I've tried to refute that, but I can't think of a single thing that makes willed ignorance virtuous.
Sex isn't knowledge, its an action. To say a virgin is ignorant is to say a man is ignorant because he never killed someone.
You are ignorant about death until you have personally killed something. Sure, you can think about it, but you won't know what it is until you've seen something die. Same as a roller coaster, you are ignorant about rollercoasters until you have ridden one.
Same for sex. You are ignorant about sex until you've had it. And since sex is one of the underlying emotions and desires of people, you are slightly ignorant about people until you have had it.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
With my eyes, duh.
Not really much different from normal people. If someone's a virgin its either a choice they've made and I respect. Or they haven't met the 'right' one and I can't argue with that. Or they have met the 'right' one and they let them get away. To these virgins I have to say stop sitting around and thinking things will just come to you naturally. You gotta make moves when you like a someone!
I don't care if someone is a virgin, wouldn't change my decision to date them. On the other end of a spectrum a slut is someone I wouldn't want to date. So I guess I would be more likely to date a virgin than a slut, but I just avoid sluts I don't go around asking ppl if they are virgins.

balladofangels85

Apr 7, 2011
With your eyes? But seriously. Virginity is stupid society made up thing that has become blown out of proportion. Who really cares? Only self conscience self absorbed people. Sex is fun, but it is overrated. So my answer to the question is that I see virgins the same way i see anyone else.

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
I vote other.

Mainly, I could not care less and would not give one a sceond thought.

However, if it some guy who is in his 30's want sex but cant get any, I would cast a wee look of judgment. Its not that hard to get!

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
well on a friend level, i couldn't care less really, cool if you've done it, if not, no big deal.

if i'm on the dating level though, as long as she hasn't had sex with a ridiculous amount of guys and her vag is a seeping pink bowl, i can roll with whatever
I wouldn't care how many previous partners she's had as long as she doesn't mention them. If we're in bed and she suddenly goes "Oh John did that differently" things are going to get a bit awkward...

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
I view them as either people who havnt had the opportunity yet or people who for what ever reason want to wait till marriage not like they have a problem haha