Poll: How do you sleep?

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
When I do sleep(I don't sleep very well) I normally wake up on my side. So I guess I'll say side.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I can only really sleep with my head to the left, if I'm really tired then I can sleep with it to the right, or on my back - but it's weird meloncholic and pointless sleep, fine for waiting on the snooze alarm going off.

I used to sleep standing up, but then I took an....

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
On my side; I have NEVER been able to sleep on my back, although occasionally I wake up on my front.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
When I was a child, I used to sleep on my stomach but as I got older I started sleeping on my side. I can sleep on my back but I don't like it too much.

I usually wake up with incredibly numb legs due to a cat sleeping against them.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I fall asleep on my side and wake up lying on my back. Can't sleep on my stomach at all - it's physically very uncomfortable for me, for some reason.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
I HAVE to sleep on my side. On a related note, I have great trouble falling asleep, and an even greater problem waking up.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
I'm an insomniac (well, for the past few months at least), so I sleep however I can!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
All over the fucking place. I can fall asleep on my back, belly, or side... but I tend to wake up with my head at the other end of the bed(or off the side) with my blankets and pillows on the floor (or sometimes thrown halfway across the room).
Apparently I have nightmares or angry dreams often. Thankfully, I tend not to remember them, though I'm pretty sure I know what causes them. My current therapist agrees with me, and agrees that it's a perfectly acceptable outlet for my subconscious. Much better than the public breaks that some other vets have.

...my last girlfriend wondered why I insisted on separate beds until she witnessed one of my worse nights. I think it's actually one of the main reasons we're split up now. Spooning just isn't safe with me. Ah well.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Whichever way I end up. usually on my side though. I think. It takes so long for me to fall asleep that I can never remember what way I was facing/what the last thing I did was.

As far as quirks go, I usually can't fall asleep without listening to music for a couple of hours. Really bothersome to try to sleep with earphones plugged in, since I'm often on my side. When I share the bed with my girlfriend, I don't sleep at all. No, not because of THAT (well, most of the time, anyway). It's just that I can't fall asleep. Mind you, I always have trouble falling asleep. Not getting easier when sharing the bed. I also must have my feet covered at all times, it can't be too warm, nor too cold, and it has to be as dark as possible.

Funny enough, these problems (almost) only go for my own bed. In other places it's fine. <.<

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
ectoplasmicz said:
Just wondering how you sleep!

I mean on your back, stomach or sides? Im on my stomach.

And do you have any quirky things that you need to have to fall asleep, or anything that causes you problems sleeping, for example, i can't sleep facing my mobile, i just cant and i cannot explain why!
To answer the topic title as I intended to: fitfully... whether or not I'm sleeping with someone, and it's usually very irksome.

OT: On my side or on my back, any of the three's fine, provided I have something to lean on (my bed's against the wall on one side and against a very heavy bookshelf on the other).

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Stomach, but my head turned to the side with my arm underneath it. I cannot do it any other way. And I hate it when people try to spoon me and other sloppy shit, they ruin my sleeping position :mad:

Neekoolawous

Jun 8, 2010
Question: How do you sleep?

Answer: Like a log. (cause I roll around on all sides looking for a comfy spot)

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
On my side so I can cuddle, and switch off on spoon size.
I always need something covering me even if its 90 degrees on my room. I can't sleep without a blanket or with socks on. Just drives me crazy.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Well, I wake up around 10 AM and go to sleep at 5:00 AM. Only 5 hours of sleep.. REALLY not good for my health but I love staying up. Also it's because I am not really a morning person. And the only way I can sleep these days is to make myself tired.. I can't sleep on will like I used to (sadly). Might have to get that checked out.
Im pretty much the same as that, i get a minimal amount of sleep, which ive heard isnt as bad for you as its made out to be.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
FamoFunk said:
Stomach, but my head turned to the side with my arm underneath it. I cannot do it any other way. And I hate it when people try to spoon me and other sloppy shit, they ruin my sleeping position :mad:
EXACTLY the same :D

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I usually sleep on my stomach and for most of the duration, with my head turned to the side and resting on my right arm. Also, I will find myself shifting around every now and then because my mattress isn't very comfortable.