Poll: How long will WoW reign supreme?

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
All of you know that WoW is probably the most popular mmo right now so let me ask, how long until all of its health packs (expansions ex lich king) are over and everyone is playing something else.

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
Warhammer is 10x funner then wow, sadly quality of game and game popularity aren't allways equal.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
Diablo III might just thin out their numbers, if it ever decides to come out.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
KaZZaP said:
Warhammer is 10x funner then wow, sadly quality of game and game popularity aren't allways equal.
But isn't Warhammer buggy as hell, and I think there are a lot of other issues... (But I could be wrong, having only heard this through word of mouth.)

Praelanthor

Jun 2, 2008
meh ive played a few MMO's and all WoW has going for it is an easy to learn interface apart from that almost all other MMO's are superior to it (server population not withstanding)

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
needausername said:
KaZZaP said:
But isn't Warhammer buggy as hell, and I think there are a lot of other issues... (But I could be wrong, having only heard this through word of mouth.)
I've never had any bug problems, mabey the odd animation glitch or somthing but nothing like Left 4 Deads level of bugginess. The only down side of war is its a RvR (PvP) heavy game so its dependent on other players being there to attack.

bulbasaur

Sep 2, 2008
im guessing wow can pull another 3-5 years. its designed entirely around being addictive. it was the first of its kind to work and it built up a huge fan base. until such time as it becomes too outdated or something magical comes along to replace it, i don't think it will ever loose its rule over the mmo scene. its got such a mass of players that they all strive to keep up with each other, so i don't see it going away anytime soon.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
I played Warhammer, I found it incredibly boring. And the graphics weren't much better.

Siuss

Nov 3, 2008
Will WoW get overtaken? Probably not... They will need to update it pretty soon, but let's face it asking all those player to just abandon all their level 80 characters is a pretty big toll for any other MMO to take up.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
The earlier it's done the better. Damn overpriced subscription game. Costing 144$ a year.

Portoparty

Feb 27, 2008
does the poll mean how much LONGER or how long since it's release... I can't tell.

anyways,

What WoW has done is it's stripped "The MMORPG" down to it's briefs, and given it a makeover to make itself presentable in public.

It's:

-Easy

-Interesting

-Varied

-Pretty

and above all else, it is EXTREMELY polished.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Pigeon_Grenade said:
when they stop screwing up the other mmos
They ruined Lineage 2 copying alot of elements from WOW, it was already a good game just not for the casual players. Damn WOW, damn it to hell!

I'm hoping Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 will be great and popular though!

51gunner

Jun 12, 2008
I put in three, but it's anyone's guess really. What WoW has going for it mostly is that 'everyone is playing it'. What kept me in WoW for so long was that I had a great guild (I still float around their forums and such, just because it's all hilarious), so going to any other MMO would make me leave the good community.

I predict an eventual sort of heat death of WoW. Ultimately, expansions will continue to come out, raising the level cap higher and higher. The level cap has to increase or else everyone just gets bored and gear gets stagnant, you need that total wipe of stuff, not just new content.

Ultimately max level will be so bloody high that raising a new character will become a monumental task (more than it is already, I mean). New players will be repulsed by the concept of getting to level... ninety? One hundred? N? Already Blizzard has put in tricks like linked accounts to offset this a bit, but eventually as the cap gets higher fewer people will come in to play with their friends.

As this happens, older players get tired of seeing "the same content over and over again". Bosses in the first expansion got compared to the vanilla game, doubtless the same is happening between expansion two and the rest. This will cause an outflow of players. It'll be a slow trickle at first, increasing as there's less and less new combinations of tricks developers can come up with.

Reduced intake + increased loss = dead MMO. Give it a couple years and a couple expansions, and WoW is dead.

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
needausername said:
KaZZaP said:
It was actuly one of the best mmo releases, as far as bugs go.
But that said, a couple patches ago it was pretty brutal.
Everything now is up to scratch in my opinion. There are only a few minor graphic glitches remaining.