Poll: How many bronies watch Zero Punctuation

Eric Morales

Dec 6, 2011
At the risk of jumping to conclusions, if the master plan is to try to make Yahtzee a brony, I'd advise against it.

Best case scenario, he watches some episodes, doesn't like them, and mocks bronies with a few juvenile knob gags or something. Whatever, no lasting harm done.

Worst case scenario, the magic of friendship moves Yahtzee so deeply that he loses the ability to take the piss out on games in the manner to which we've become accustomed. You vacuum all the hate and bile out of Yahtzee and what have you got left? Zero Punctuation as a series flounders and without its highest rated show, the Escapist quickly loses viewers and has to close its doors.

We can't allow that to happen! For the sake of the Escapist, nay, gaming itself, we must insulate Yahtzee from the magic of friendship.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Yes (obviously) and yes. And seeing as according to you, you're new to the forum, might I give a little word of warning? Pony threads tend to be frowned upon on the escapist. After the influx of MLP threads at the start of season 2, people on the site will usually jump in and yell about too many pony threads (even if we haven't had one in a month or two.... You all know its true). That is, if you didn't already know that. I see that you've been a member since '10....

With some exceptions, pony threads usually just devolve into flame wars. And as scarim coral already posted, we have a user group for pony related stuff.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Amuter said:
http://i.imgur.com/zIpl8.png
By the way, if you add the BBCode tags [ img][/img] as bookends (without the space in the first bracket), it'll link the image directly.

Like so:

If it's a big picture, it's usually handy to spoil it with [ spoiler]Insertimagehere[/spoiler].

I'm saying this because that picture is absolutely hilarious, and people who are too lazy to click a link should be able to see it. (There are far more things that can be done with the BBCode too, some I'm not even familiar with still.)

OT: I'm not a brony, I've watched every Zero Punctuation episode and I read Extra Punctuation every week. I also follow LoadingReadyRun and their other shows Feed Dump/Unskippable, I watch Jimquisition, Big Picture, and Escape to the Movies, and I read Critical Miss.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Yup. I watch Friendship is Magic, and I watch Zero Punctuation. Don't know what else there is to say.

The image of Yahtzee riding Rainbow Dash made my day, though!

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
o.0
what, exactly dose one have to do with the other?

one is a show with talking, candy colored pony's

the other is a snarky brit verbaly ripping a game to shreds

they kinda have nothing in common

but in answer to your question, yes i am and i do

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Bobic said:
Amuter said:
Eddie the head said:
Solo-Wing said:
... EVERYBODY on this site watches Zero Punctuation. Bronies and non-Bronies. Kinda daft to ask that in this site.
I know this has like no discussion value. If you are on this sight it's likely that you watch some if not all the content. Mot notably Zero Punctuation. Ask how many Bronys watch TotalBiscuit or something that might have some discussion value, I mean not much because it would consist of both sides disregarding what the other side was saying, but more than this.
I guess it's still kinda discussable how many of us are bronies anyway, it's not like escapistmagazine is a brony site, This is my first time on the escapistmagazine forum btw.
Yes, but if you have the question 'how many bronies watch zero punctuation' you're going to get a disproportionate amount of bronies in the thread.

Basically, this whole thread is pointless and meaningless.
Pretty much this. I'm a fan of the show, but I don't understand why you felt the need to create this thread? Great, you now know whose a brony and also watches Zero Punctuation. Now what?

"We can be bestest friends forever and talk about ponies?"

How bout no? Really, that's the immediate logic I see behind making this thread. You wanted to make a few friends by feeding off their interest in the show. Nothing wrong with that, persay, it's just not okay in a public thread. The only other reason the OP could've created this thread was so he could show us a picture, which would be a really stupid reason.

...though I will admit that picture is amusing. Even though I've already seen it.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
DeadlyYellow said:
"How many Bronies use the internet?"

Also what entails being a brony? Just watching the show?
I don't even know, probably. Though I hear people say, "I'm a fan of the show but I'm not a brony" which is probably just some guys way of saying that they think the name is stupid or they don't like random labels.

As for me, Brony, MLP fan, Ponyfag, I don't even care at this point.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
"How many Bronies use the internet?"

Also what entails being a brony? Just watching the show?
I think it's if you enjoy it, but there seems to be about a million different definitions of the stupid bloody word.

OT: Yes I do watch ZP, and that image is brilliant. I shall forever refer to Applejack as 'the orange tosser'

CAPTCHA: Lovey dovey
Stop hating on the show captch you orange tosser!

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Berithil said:
Yes (obviously) and yes. And seeing as according to you, you're new to the forum, might I give a little word of warning? Pony threads tend to be frowned upon on the escapist. After the influx of MLP threads at the start of season 2, people on the site will usually jump in and yell about too many pony threads (even if we haven't had one in a month or two.... You all know its true). That is, if you didn't already know that. I see that you've been a member since '10....

With some exceptions, pony threads usually just devolve into flame wars. And as scarim coral already posted, we have a user group for pony related stuff.
The main issue in this case is that it's kinda pointless, even if you are a fan of the show.

You come in, say what you are or are not a fan of, then that's it. There's nothing else left to say aside from how extra pointless this thread is. At least in other threads you could talk about the show based off the OP's post.

This thread is just a yes or no question with no substance.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I don't really know how Zero Punctuation is linked, but I found it pretty surprising that this poll indicates more than half of the members of this site are bronies. (53% at time of writing)

I knew there was quite a lot here, but I never figured it would be such a high proportion. Then again, it could just be that a brony is more likely to click on a thread with the word "bronies" in its title, or it could just be an anomaly that will even out in a little while.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
cswurt said:
Bronies wouldn't exist if normal people didn't think they were weird.
They're just attention starved, so they flaunt this MLP nonsense around everywhere so people notice them.
Why MLP? Cuz everyone else is doin' it and they just wanna be popular.
So to recap, according to your expert opinion, we exist because we are weird (IE, unpopular. You do know that's what weird means in essence, right?)

but we choose MLP specifically because it's popular...

self-defeating argument is self-defeating.

Please at least TRY to make sense if you're going to randomly lash out at select group of the escapist's community.

TheNaut131 said:
How bout no? Really, that's the immediate logic I see behind making this thread. You wanted to make a few friends by feeding off their interest in the show. Nothing wrong with that, persay, it's just not okay in a public thread.
Um, why is that not okay, exactly?

Isn't that the point of a public forum? To, you know, talk about anything. Isn't the point of a website like the escapist to serve as a meeting ground for people of like interests?

Emilox The Great

May 26, 2010
Im not a brony and i watch ZP. i hate the bronies that bring MLP into everything, even things not related to the show or franchice at all, and if you ask them politely to stop it they go all defensive and lash out at you like the insecure little fu-*cough* better stop there and take a deep breath phew!

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Amuter said:
I have watched Zero Punctuation since long before I became a brony
Is it a disease or something? I thought it was just a hobby. Why does this "Brony" title even exist? I don't call myself a "Saint" because I play Saint Row, or "Shan-ist" because I read Darren Shan, or a "Spartan" because I play Halo, or a "Powers" because I'm a fan of the Austin Powers, or a "Micro-dude" for liking Microsoft products. It's a mirror of a "Belieber". An immature title assigned by the people within the community to let everyone else know they exist, in a loud crowd chant.

Yeah, I think you can guess I don't like Brony's very much.
Let me rephrase that, I don't mind Brony's and I couldn't care less about the show or anyone who like it - it's the concept of "Brony" that ticks me off.

It became very intrusive and stubborn for a period of time, as stubborn as those who just hated the show for the sake of hating, but since it been quiet for a few weeks, the order (chaos) of the internet has been restored. The pony-related content repeatedly thrust in front of those of us who didn't want to see it has worn down enough to not be down-right annoying any more.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Yahtzee isn't funny, so no, I don't watch.

And good job to people in here not contributing to the topic.

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
what a really random question....
i watch ZP and MLP
and that is a great image

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Bvenged said:
Amuter said:
I have watched Zero Punctuation since long before I became a brony
Is it a disease or something? I thought it was just a hobby. Why does this "Brony" title even exist? I don't call myself a "Saint" because I play Saint Row, or "Shan-ist" because I read Darren Shan, or a "Spartan" because I play Halo, or a "Powers" because I'm a fan of the Austin Powers, or a "Micro-dude" for liking Microsoft products. It's a mirror of a "Belieber". An immature title assigned by the people within the community to let everyone else know they exist, in a loud crowd chant.

Yeah, I think you can guess I don't like Brony's very much.
Let me rephrase that, I don't mind Brony's and I couldn't care less about the show or anyone who like it - it's the concept of "Brony" that ticks me off.

It became very intrusive and stubborn for a period of time, as stubborn as those who just hated the show for the sake of hating, but since it been quiet for a few weeks, the order (chaos) of the internet has been restored. The pony-related content repeatedly thrust in front of those of us who didn't want to see it has worn down enough to not be down-right annoying any more.
But you might call yourself a Trekkie if you like Star Trek or a Whovian if you liked Doctor Who.

Some fanbases give themselves names, why the hell do you care?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Redingold said:
Bvenged said:
Amuter said:
But you might call yourself a Trekkie if you like Star Trek or a Whovian if you liked Doctor Who.

Some fanbases give themselves names, why the hell do you care?
Because they don't infiltrate all corners of the web posting images and videos and conversation that means bugger-all to non-MLP watchers and it became a ridiculous nuisance when game threads and youtube comments and meme-sites and joke sites became inundated with this polar entertainment references.

RadioactiveMicrobe

Mar 1, 2009
Bronies are the most annoying thing on the internet for this reason.

There are lots of other groups on the internet, but it seems that only bronies have to let everyone know at every given opportunity that they are, in fact, a brony.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Amuter said:
EDIT 2: when it says "I don" it means "I don't watch zero punctuation" I can't fix this for some reason
I've noticed this before that putting an apostrophe in a poll option seems to cut off everything after it.

Possibly should report that as a bug...