Poll: How many of you have been arrested?

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
I got arrested for shooting off illegal fireworks on the 4th of July..... the whole street got popped. They came over my back fence and around my house instead of down the street. About 40 of us went in front of the judge the next day and the judge dismissed everyone. That was annoying.

Edit: I had recently moved to the area from out of state and I was unaware that the fireworks I bought were legal in the county but not in the city. I thought everything was cool because IO bought them from a legal roadside stand.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Nope, between the facts that I'm a goodie two-shoes nowadays and wasn't caught for the minor deviations in the past. Some of y'all have some interesting stories.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Yes

I was driving to a new job in a car recently left to me by my sister, the highway I was on shifted from 60 to 45 MPH speed limit with zilch warning, and I took too long to slow down in the opinion of the cop waiting right behind the sign. I've since been warned that the little town I was entering gets a good bit of money by zealously fining people passing through via the highway.

This was the first and so far only time I've been caught technically disobeying traffic laws.

When pulled over I found that I had, for the first time in years, left my wallet at home, and without it had no immediate means to prove that the car was not stolen.

So yeah, I missed a day at work sitting in a cell waiting for them to confirm my story. Fun times.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
I never have been, but my friends seem to be arrested strangely often.

Tell me more about these friends...

OT: No and I hope to skip that experience as long as I live. I don't drink and drive, I don't do drugs and I abhor violence. All that really could get me arrested is chance at this point in my life.

Hopefully things don't go downhill from here.

Greymanelor

May 6, 2013
I was picked up twice when I was in my teens. Once for combination of violating curfew and carrying a concealed weapon and a second time for being on a freeway during a brief, amazingly stupid attempt by myself and two friends to leave home and see the world.

The first case, they might have let me walk but I had a knife on me (wasn't for any dangerous reasons, I was just in a phase where I liked wearing it) and so they took me in I guess with the intent of scaring me. It kind of backfired though. The guys at the station thought my knife was cool and we ended up sitting around penny-ante poker and talking about knife collections, music, and Star Trek for a couple hours till my parents showed up to take me home.

The second case was less enjoyable. A failed combination road-trip/immature "I'm gonna run away and join the circus!" thing. The fact that my friends and I actually made it half-way across the state before we were picked up was impressive, in a stupid sort of way, and we only really got caught because it was so bloody hot we decided to taken shelter for a minute in the only shade around, an overpass. Naturally we picked the moment a cop just happened to be passing by. It was one of those REALLY overzealous macho douchebag cops too, who jerked me around, threw me to the ground, and slapped cuffs on me before word one was spoken. Damn near jerked my arm out of place. We were taken to a station and sat around (playing cards again, weirdly), trying to pretend we weren't all relieved to be going home, till our parents picked us up.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Arrested for an expired car registration. Yes, they actually will cuff and stuff you if you don't keep up to date with that. Got personal recognizance bail and a court date resulting in a reasonable fine.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
actually, yes i was. the whole thing, arrested, convicted ad found guilty. But it was a very long time ago, 15 years ago or so. i was doing really bad thing back then, related to drugs and other criminal activities around that. but i got out of all that shortly after.

nyankaty

Nov 4, 2013
When I was little (maybe 9 or so), my friends convinced me that it'd be a great idea to walk to the nearby dollar store and steal a bunch of stuff. Well, of course we got caught, got brought to the station and picked up by our parents. I'm sure there's no record of it or anything but it was probably one of the most horrifying experiences of my life. It really taught me the value of being very careful if it seems like I'm falling into the "wrong crowd", though it kind of went too far and I never let myself fall into any crowd, good or bad, ever again.

Other than that, never been in any trouble except I got caught once for speeding (45 in a 30) and I got out of a ticket because I told the truth: that I was about to piss my pants and I just wanted to get home before that happened.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
nyankaty said:
Other than that, never been in any trouble except I got caught once for speeding (45 in a 30) and I got out of a ticket because I told the truth: that I was about to piss my pants and I just wanted to get home before that happened.
If you'd gotten into a prang because of that, that'd potentially be extra embarrassing...

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Nope, me and my mates were given out to by a Garda...
Kinky...

OT: I was arrested at Frühlings Fest in Stuttgart for being involved in a drunken ruckus.

I was soooo shit faced XD

Well technically I was thrown in the drunk tank and fined, but still XD

Good times.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
No, I haven't been arrested. I don't do the kind of things that typically get you arrested. Partially because I can't afford to get arrested, but also because the kinds of things that can get you arrested are typically things I don't morally agree with anyway, so there's no conflict of interest.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Pluvia said:
That's a sad story but I admire what you tried to do.

OP: From what I can tell it is generally quite difficult to get full on arrested. Like, you've got to get into trouble with law on a regular basis or be part of/do something really major.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Once. I was drunk, and I fell asleep on the street, cuddled up with a stray dog. Needless to say, I probably deserved it. I also probably deserved my friends going home without noticing I was gone and the dog then proceeding to go somewhere else, leaving me in the cold.

God, I'm a wreck.