Poll: How many straight birth-gendered females are on the Escapist?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
s0denone said:
I have tried explaining to you how extremely harmful it is to reinforce the divide between "cis" and "trans" by creating a "us and them" atmosphere.
Creating an "us" and "them" atmosphere? Whether or not trans people acknowledge that there's a pretty massive divide has nothing to do with creating it.

Excepting that acknowledging it is a requirement to dealing with it, which makes me wonder about why it's so important it should go unspoken of.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
Reasonable Atheist said:
We are goin to need some more mustard for this sausage party
Ketchup, anyone?

I have to say, the dude to chick ratio isn't a shock, but I am a little surprised we have so many gay men on the forums, almost as many as there are of all the women combined.

Now, who's brave enough to make the race/ethnicity poll?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Well, I managed to find the screenshot of the 2013 poll I took:

Slightly different, since it purely covered gender rather than sexuality as well, but if you add the numbers together they're surprisingly similar. About 81% male, 13% female and 6% other in 2013, compared to 84% male and 16% female in 2016 with no 'other' option. Also 2013 had much larger sample size... that may not bode well for the health of this forum.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
JoJo said:
Also 2013 had much larger sample size... that may not bode well for the health of this forum.
I'm not hugely surprised. Not everybody has the inexplicable loyalty we do.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
JoJo said:
Well, I managed to find the screenshot of the 2013 poll I took:

Slightly different, since it purely covered gender rather than sexuality as well, but if you add the numbers together they're surprisingly similar. About 81% male, 13% female and 6% other in 2013, compared to 84% male and 16% female in 2016 with no 'other' option. Also 2013 had much larger sample size... that may not bode well for the health of this forum.
Huh. So I was wrong. The numbers are mostly identical, though they have changed a bit. Now I'm curious how it could be so stable over the decreasing figures.

Dec 16, 2009
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
the title and the options were headache inducing
11 words and 6 options gave you a headache?
in short; yes. it wasn't the words alone but the titles and concepts
Which ones in particular got to you?
not one specific. I just feel if there is a need to label, can we not make it snappier?
Such as?
I've no idea of the intricacies required to encompass all of what is being labeled, but I can tell you they ain't going to catch on. I'm talking good branding

Dec 16, 2009
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
NXNW said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
the title and the options were headache inducing
11 words and 6 options gave you a headache?
in short; yes. it wasn't the words alone but the titles and concepts
Which ones in particular got to you?
not one specific. I just feel if there is a need to label, can we not make it snappier?
Such as?
I've no idea of the intricacies required to encompass all of what is being labeled, but I can tell you they ain't going to catch on. I'm talking good branding
Maybe, but since you can't seem to offer anything except a sort of vague moaning the generation direction of some terms that seem to offend you to the point of a physical reaction, I'm not going to take your word for it. To me, it still seems like a simple way to refer to something, and not an attempt for terminology to "Catch On".

You obviously see it differently though.
To be honest, I barely feel you've engaged in a conversation at all until this point other than tell me I'm offended, I'm not going to waste me time further replying to you. I may have been vague, but i tried, being condescending to me does not help at all.

Good day sir.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
s0denone said:
If the protagonist doesn't actually "hate all cis people" then maybe she shouldn't write that without any further context. I can't say "I hate all black people today" and expect it to go over well, with no explanation... And even with explanation and context that shit would look hella fucking shady.
You appear to be missing the point. I think saying things like "I hate cisgender people" is unnecessarily incendiary and quite frankly, immature. The difference between someone saying "I hate cisgender people today" and "I hate black people today" is that the most the former is able (or likely to do) is say a few stupid things on Facebook, meanwhile racially-motivated violence happens on a daily basis. Most transgender people want to be cisgender, just as most poor people would like to acquire money. Does that mean that people that say "I hate rich people" are bigoted?

The whole "prejudice + power" thing has been hijacked by simpletons to suggest that women can't be sexist and black people can't be racist. However, having power and influence in society (or at least lacking the huge disadvantage being transgender brings) goes a long way to making statements of "I hate [group X]" more credible. The most influential transgender person in the world at the moment (Caitlyn Jenner) has used her influence to further stigmatise LGBT people, not cisgender people.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Are we seriously going this SJW that we can't just ask "How many girls use this site?" Man now I miss 2009 escapist.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
WOPR said:
Are we seriously going this SJW that we can't just ask "How many girls use this site?" Man now I miss 2009 escapist.
You know, if you read the first post you'd know that the OP doesnt want to know how many girls are on the site.

Unloaded Device specifically created the thread because he thinks there is a large number of gay women and transgender women on the site, so asking how many girls are on the site is totally worthless as all the gay women and the majority of the transgender women would just pick the female option, making the OP's poll worthless for what he wants to show.