Poll: How often do you curse?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No rarely? I mean I do curse but not per day. I only use curse when I'm in a bad situation or as reaction to a pain which I don't face on a daily basis.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Well during the day I am usually at work or around business people or some such so not a lot. When I get home or around friends I curse a whole lot. Worse though is the stuff we talk about while cursing. :p

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Last night while working out, I dropped my Iphone in the street, I don't think I've ever sworn in so many languages before.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
All the fantastical ferret fucking time!

Stephen Fry agrees.

Do I win?
Came here to post that very video, my good bro.

OT: All the time. Provided I'm not around any family members, or authority figures (aside from my boss, who gives exactly zero shits) on average, I have at least one swear word casually dropped into about every third sentence that passes my lips.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Feb 22, 2009
I curse all the time, because people who get offended by cursing are fucking idiots, so it's a good way to test the people you're talking to. Not that I'm aggressive or anything, just general casual swearing, because it feels good.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Huh, hard to say. I normally don't swear. I save swearing for when its really warranted.

Basically, if you hear me swear, somethins goin down.....

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Funnily enough online i'm rather well spoken. In real life I rarely go five sentences without swearing.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
When I'm angry or hanging out with friends, which doesn't translate into days well. If I'm at home relaxing I won't swear at all, if I'm with friends I'll swear every chance I get.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Oh, all the time...
A common enhancer in the Swedish language is "jävla/jävlar", which comes from "djävlar", meaning "devils". Used a lot like "fucking good/bad" for example. We also use the Swedish word for shit(skit) like this a lot.
"Fan", "Satan" and "helvete" are also commonly used. First two being different words for Satan, the last one meaning hell.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
More than I should, but less since I realized a coworker of mine doesn't like to hear that kind of language and he's a cool dude so I don't want to bug him.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
When I'm on my own, very much. When I'm around my parents not at all.

It does annoy me when people come to my house and curse.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Pretty much every fucking chance I get.

It's a bad habit, but after all these years (early years when I swore because it was "cool") it isn't something I can easily keep under control, since it is now almost as natural to me as breathing. It actually worries me, to a degree, because I don't want to ruin future social relationships because of it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I try not to but there are certain friends I curse a lot with. I have one I work with and we end up using the F word pretty casually.

Context is everything I guess.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I swear a little more than I should. I used to live in England, now living in Canada, so I usually use the typical british curse words "bollocks", "ponce" not many people know what they mean so as long as I don't portray my anger through my tone of voice I get away with it ;)

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
I curse all the fucking time.
I live in Sør-Trøndelag for fucks sake.
If we don't curse, we sleep.

(It's in Norway)