Poll: How often do you guys read?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Yeah, I read a lot..... Since I started University the reading has switched from stuff I want to read to college textbooks..... But they are still books right?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I read occasionally. Lately it's mostly been while I'm waiting to pick up my dad.

fissionmoon

Sep 14, 2009
sanquin said:
Wadders said:
sanquin said:
Something about reading a paper book just...doesn't sit well with me.
I'm not having a dig, but out of sheer curiosity, may I ask why?
If I knew that I might be able to fix it. I used to read books. Horror stories for kids, adventure books, LOTR, etc. But around age...13~14 or so that just stopped. I love some of the stories in books but I just can't get myself to read them for more than a few pages before I want to stop. I don't know what it is really. =/
Have you tried audiobooks? I felt the same way as you (enjoying the stories, but having trouble to read for more than a few pages) until recently. I've been listening to a few audiobooks lately and enjoying them greatly. Personally I tend to play video games (usually one that doesn't take too much focus) while listening to a book and find books quite enjoyable in this fashion.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Even though currently, I'm going through a dry spell concerning books. I read alot of books.

If it's a good read, I'll finish it faster than it's healthy to do so. >.>

I'm still waiting for the Mistborn quadrilogy to make it here. :p Then I'll be on a reading binge again. ^_^

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
I'm a Professor, so reading is part of my job. I am always reading some book or journal article. I don't get to read for fun as often as I'd like, though I try to keep a fun book on my night stand.

Verkain

Sep 5, 2004
I read a lot. Right now I am trying to get through the Wheel of Time series at the request of a friend who wants to talk about it with me. It's not a bad series so I don't mind but I can't help but think it could be cut down some.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I read sporadically. I will consume several books in a fortnight and then nothing for a couple of months. It's good stuff.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i read one the bus on my way to work, read on my breaks at work, read some more on the bus home from work and if im in a really good spot in a book or somthing i usually read at home. i read the most in the summer because i just love sitting outside in my wonderfully scented floral garden curling up with a good book with just the birds and the wind in the tree's as my music. its lovely. . .stupid Canada and its mostly cold weather shit. Bah...

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
i read one the bus on my way to work, read on my breaks at work, read some more on the bus home from work and if im in a really good spot in a book or somthing i usually read at home. i read the most in the summer because i just love sitting outside in my wonderfully scented floral garden curling up with a good book with just the birds and the wind in the tree's as my music. its lovely. . .stupid Canada and its mostly cold weather shit. Bah...

nyarlathotepsama

Apr 11, 2012
I'm never without a book, I carry four or five in my car at all times. No matter what I do there seems to always been a degree of waiting and I can't abide by waiting. So I read and read and read. I basically learned English reading science fiction novels in middle school and since then I haven't been able to stop myself from buying books any time I am able. Which was really often a few years back when I worked at a Walden Books...ahh those were the days, you know back when there were bookstores...

But, as is more often the case than not, the world moves on. Bookstores die, news papers die, magazines die. I maintain that it is not lack of interest but the ready, near to ever present availability of Kindle-like products and the growing tablet market. I have yet to put down my paper books for ones make of electronic something-or-other but I believe that all too soon I'll have no choice.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
apart from the spanish herald to practice my spanish i never read now
back when i was a young fella i could chew through a book a day and when i was very young doctors actually thought i had a learning disability because i couldn't read.... until i got my hands on stephen king's I.T and proceeded to read the whole thing in a week

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
That depends what kinds of books, cause for the last month or so I've been doing nothing but reading programming language manuals for Python and C++...<.<

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
I read quite a lot, although it's mostly study-related. Lots of monographs and articles. I read these for pleasure, but it's been ages since I finished a non-fiction/non-scholarly book.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
It all depends on if I actually have a book I want to read (currently waiting for books 2 and 3 in the brotherband series to arrive). I tend to read slowly so that I can absorb the imagery better so its normally one book every few weeks.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
When I accidentally stumble into an interesting book. Which doesn't happen anywhere near as much as I might like.

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
Do subtitles count?
For books I'd say rarely, I used to read a ton but lately I have had less time and I needed to axe something.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I'm doing English Lit at Uni, so almost never. Apparently if you tell me to do something I otherwise perfectly enjoy, I will find every excuse under the sun to not do it.

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
I finished re-reading "1984" yesterday, started and finished "The Forever War" and worked my way through half of the first Walking Dead Compendium, and that was after reading through a lot of fan fiction. Jesus, I read more than game.