Poll: How sexism is caused by people drowning guns. Also Batman.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Well, after having contemplated the implications of the escapist forum trends, I have found a connection between the popular forum topics:
Drowning people's guns causes sexism.
I have meditated over this issue for a long time in a mountain far removed from civilization subsisting on a diet of raw mushrooms and pure spring water.

My reasoning is as follows:
Woof, Bacon, breasts, gender, guns.
AND BATMAN

The logic is infallible.

Clearly, all of these threads are part of a larger conspiracy planned by the templarilluminati that serves to not only oppress everyone but will also kill all guns and drown water.

So, we must stand together as one and fight back. We must not let the templarilluminati win.
So I say we fight for freedom by making NEW, interesting and funny threads.
No longer do we regurgitate the same topics forever and ever, ONE thread on a topic at any given time is enough. If you have something new to add add it to the thread itself.

EDIT: I strongly recommend the use of some goddamn common sense.
Yes "goddamn common sense", not plain-ol-regular-joe common sense, no, "goddamn common sense".
If there are 17 threads about one given topic on the very first page, maybe you don't really need to start another one.
On the other hand, if there is ONLY one other thread, you might want to read through that one first. Could you make your opinion known in the confines of this thread? If so, you don't need a new thread.
But if the other thread does not hold up (e.g. It's a thread about "Why racism is bad" and the OP explains that racism is bad because in truth "African American-Caucasian-Aboriginees" are not even humans and, since the term "racism" implies that they are on the same level as the asian-hawaiian-russian-master race it should not be used etc.p.p.)
You might be justified in starting a new thread.

But as I said: Use some common sense. Some GODDAMN common sense.

Xanex

Jun 18, 2012
BACON!

Bacon pancakes. Make'n bacon pancakes. Take the bacon anda put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakes thats what it's gonna make. Bacon pancaaaaaaaaaakes!

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I only came here for Batman.

But one thread per topic seems a tad harsh?
Maybe one thread per 10 pages? It seems a bit fairer since peeps won't have to necro old threads.
But definitely some restrictions, seeing like 3-6 threads about the same thing on the same topic makes my head spin.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
*Dressed in church robes and a creepy mask*

Don't listen to this man's lies! If you have ANY idea come into your head about guns, killing guns, drowning water, or pine apples, you need to make a thread!

THREE THREADS!

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH GUN THREADS! NOT TILL OUR WORK IS COMPL-

TILL YOU HAVE EXPRESSED YOUR OPINIONS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SAID A BILLION TIME BEFORE!

Now if you will excuse me...

*Starts strangling an AK-47*

TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Calibanbutcher said:
ONE thread on a topic at any given time is enough. If you have something new to add add it to the thread itself.
Define "any given time" first.

Yes, it gets silly when there's half a dozen almost identical threads on the first page of the forum, but I'd say once it's off the first page it's fair game for a new thread from the casual forum visitor, and by the third page it's fair game for the rest of us.

As to adding to long existing threads - personally once a thread hits 5+ pages of replies at most I'm very unlikely to look at it again unless it's a thread I started, and/or I get a reply notification in my inbox when someone quotes me. I'm sure that's true of lots of forum goers. So any comments tagged onto the end of a long thread are much more likely to go unread by most people, especially if they're only peripheral to the original thread topic.

Finally, what is or isn't on the 'same' topic? I started a thread today wondering why The Empire Strikes Back is more popular with fans than the original Star Wars. Does that belong on other recent Star Wars related threads? No, because although it's Star Wars related, it's got nothing to do with Episode 7, JJ Abrams or lens flare.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Due to
Sixcess said:
Calibanbutcher said:
ONE thread on a topic at any given time is enough. If you have something new to add add it to the thread itself.
Define "any given time" first.

Yes, it gets silly when there's half a dozen almost identical threads on the first page of the forum, but I'd say once it's off the first page it's fair game for a new thread from the casual forum visitor, and by the third page it's fair game for the rest of us.

As to adding to long existing threads - personally once a thread hits 5+ pages of replies at most I'm very unlikely to look at it again unless it's a thread I started, and/or I get a reply notification in my inbox when someone quotes me. I'm sure that's true of lots of forum goers. So any comments tagged onto the end of a long thread are much more likely to go unread by most people, especially if they're only peripheral to the original thread topic.

Finally, what is or isn't on the 'same' topic? I started a thread today wondering why The Empire Strikes Back is more popular with fans than the original Star Wars. Does that belong on other recent Star Wars related threads? No, because although it's Star Wars related, it's got nothing to do with Episode 7, JJ Abrams or lens flare.

Keoul said:
I only came here for Batman.

But one thread per topic seems a tad harsh?
Maybe one thread per 10 pages? It seems a bit fairer since peeps won't have to necro old threads.
But definitely some restrictions, seeing like 3-6 threads about the same thing on the same topic makes my head spin.

Apparently some clarification is necessary:
By "one thread on a topic at any given time" I of course meant that, as long as there is a thread on the EXACT same topic on the first two forum pages, the need for another thread about the EXACT same topic is somewhere close to zero.
(E.g. If there is already a thread about "guns don't kill people, people kill people", you don't need to start a thread about "guns kill people" or "guns might be dangerous" or "killing people with guns".)

If you however wish to start a new thread on a similar topic (e.g. the star wars example given by sixcess) that is totally fine.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
SomeLameStuff said:
I see you took Taco's suggestion to heart. I approve!
I wanted to make a thread about something like this for some time now.
Today I made one and found that Taco had posted the idea in a different thread. So in honor of the almighty taco I named my thread after his suggestion.
But I added Batman.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
SomeLameStuff said:
I see you took Taco's suggestion to heart. I approve!
I wanted to make a thread about something like this for some time now.
Today I made one and found that Taco had posted the idea in a different thread. So in honor of the almighty taco I named my thread after his suggestion.
But I added Batman.
The Batman was a nice touch. Everything is better with Batman. Even bacon!

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
The poll clearly follows the basic normal distribution often found in statistics, further supporting these findings here.

However I do feel I must disagree in part with your eventual conclusion.

Studying the ebb and flow in Escapist topics here I think it's pretty obvious that it is in fact the friendzone which causes gun control which eventually leads to, as you accurately pointed out, sexism.

Guns are not the issue people! Guns never did nothing to nobody (I'm not entirely sure what that means after three negations but I'm certain it's true). The issue lies much deeper!

Don't be fooled by easy and convenient explanations sheeple! Dig deeper! Find the truth!

felbot

May 11, 2011
i dont care what happens or how many threads about it we have, ill still save the dog, i am not going to give mira magda or mimi up.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Oh shit, the Templar and Illuminati have combined? Not even an arsenal the size of Alex Jones' will protect you from that!

The good news is that this is completely impossible. Those two will never be able to agree on who's name goes first. Phew, that could have been awful.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Xanex said:
BACON!

Bacon pancakes. Make'n bacon pancakes. Take the bacon anda put it in a pancake. Bacon pancakes thats what it's gonna make. Bacon pancaaaaaaaaaakes!
[HEADING=2]That's what it's gonna make! BACON PANCAAAAKES![/HEADING]

OT:The basement is a dark place, don't dare to go dooowwn.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
CHICKEN HAMBURGERS. TIME TO SINK your fangs into some bacon bits. Then SING: I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Repeat threads are annoying but to be fair, no-one is forcing you to enter them, they're usually clearly marked as what they are.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
JoJo said:
Repeat threads are annoying but to be fair, no-one is forcing you to enter them, they're usually clearly marked as what they are.
Yes, but the mere existance of something, somewhere, is equivolent to getting it "shoved in your face" on the internet, it seems.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Who cares about sexism!
When are we going to crack down on Mass Effect's reign of terror as the government freely lets it rampage through our schools and shoot our children without mercy!