Poll: How Smart do you think you are?

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
So, reading the thread about the 12 year old genius kid, I noticed a lot of people reacting in a way that spoke obviously of their jealousy. I think this is because most people like to reckon themselves as rather intelligent and hate to see themselves to be so horribly shown up. I would like to test this theory if at all possible.

So, taking all things into account, where would you rank your intelligence? Try to answer as honestly as possible, there's no one here to judge you. Are you the next Einstein, a total dumbass, just regular?

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I figure I'm moderately smart. I tend to think deeply however I'm no genius.

Edit: A lot of this has to do with your own perception of your intelligence. I'm somewhat modest when describing myself so I don't like to make myself look better than others. Also, it's difficult to measure your own intelligence without a point of reference to compare.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I see being 'smart' and being 'intelligent' and two very different things. Take me for example; I can do advanced maths and hold lots of scientific equations in my head, I can also write well and if I'm paying attention (and have interest in the subject at hand) I have a near photographic memory.

Then on the flip side, the right side of my torso has a trio of scars from hitting a ten foot jump at about 20 miles an hour on an entirely unsuitable bike. In a gravel pit. With no experiance. Then there's the time I rode an tea tray down a (very!) steep snowy/icy hill because I couldn't find a sledge. (For the record, the tea tray actually hurt more. No I'm not detailing exactly how.) I could go on...

I know I'm intelligent, but I'm sure as hell not smart.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
A good bit above average. Although my post history would disagree, methinks.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Chefodeath said:
Tubez said:
oh goodie.. a poll if you think you are smart on a forum...
oh goodie...someone who has disdain for a thread but bothers to post on it anyway...
Yep and I even voted!

And this is escapist.. most people here seems to think he is a genius.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Some times I don't think I'm the brightest chalk on the board. Sometimes though I can surprise myself.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I used to be really smart.

And then I started attending the University of Manitoba and I think my IQ dropped by, like, half.

I'd say I'm of average intelligence now.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
how exactly are we qualifying intelligence? Are we talking about reasoning, knowledge, a particular talent, the application of those abilities, our success in life, what kind of success? Please specify.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
I believe I have very appropriate and intelligent views of the world and on how the proper way to act, and I usually can figure out who is on the right side of the dispute, but in general I am an idiot with things that actually matter, like math and focusing on school subjects. I developed the "what makes me a good person" but kinda slacked off on the whole "how are you going to survive after high school."

For instance, I don't even remember what I voted on in the poll.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Compared to most people of my age and gender where I live, I'm above average.

Compared to some of the females and people on the internet, I'm average or even bellow.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
John Marcone said:
Like most people I am average. Brighter in some areas, dimmer in others but roughly average.
Btw you will more than likely find that everyone will put above average.
Illusory superiority.
well considering the demographic here

anyway what "Average" actually is varys from person to person, in your case average isnt really dumb at all

the actual word "average" I think has grown to have somwhat negative connotations, when peole think of average they may think of "the masses" and the general idea is that "the masses" are rather dumb (if the box office results from Transformers are any indication)

anywa My actualy point is what "Average" means for each person is different

also Intelligence I dont think is one thing you can put into a neat score because different people are good and excel in different things (soome in math, some in art, some in people)

that is unless your talking about genious people beacuse yeah a kid with 170 iq is smarter than me, hell ALOT of people are smarter than me, and I guess I don't think I should be thinking Im smarter than others

especially with my spelling

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Ham_authority95 said:
I'm smart enough to know that I'm not smart at all. So that means I'm pretty smart, right?
Ninja'd. Damn. To quote Scott Adams, "I'm just smart enough to know exactly how stupid I am."