Poll: How tall are you?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Next question is, how many of the people who answered lied about their heights? Most people do, whether intentional or not.

I'm 6', but my back isn't entirely straight anymore due to years of bad posturing + scoliosis so really I'm about 5'9-ish give or take. Yes you can lose 3 inches from posture issues. But my DL says 6' so thats what I answered, after all I'm not about to dispute a legal document.
Beh. Anyone giving their height to an exact number of inches is lying by default whether they know it or not.
A person's height changes through the day, because when you sleep, your spine stretches, and when you sit or stand upright, it starts to compress again.
Typically this means from getting up to going back to bed, most people lose 2 inches (5 cm) in a single day.

Now, I wasn't originally going to say it, because it makes me feel freakishly tall, but for me that means something like 184 to 189 cm...

And if you can't convert that, just remember, 1 inch = 2.54 cm

That makes me between 72.44 and 74.4 inches tall.
And since a foot has 12 inches (60 inches = 5 feet)
That puts me between about 6'0.5" and 6'2"

Which is... really awkwardly tall. I have such a hard time finding clothes that fit properly, because they are always too short, especially if they are otherwise the right size...

Yeah, being a 6'2" woman is... Awkward...

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
I actualy have no idea how tall i am, i see it one of many useless bits of information, even when buying clothes i just grab somthing that looks about right, hasn't done me wrong yet.

DTWing

Nov 8, 2010
6'4 - it's kind of funny, because I want to go to Japan & learned Japanese because I like manga and anime, but don't like being stared at or ogled so going to Asia seems more problematic than it's worth.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Your poll makes no sense, 6'-6'6" is a huge variation. Since 6'0 seems to be the standard height it should probably have its own option, or at least 6'1-6'2. Right now one option covers everything from average to very tall.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
6'7". At least, that's what I was when I last measured myself for a license (five-ish years ago).

Being tall is kind of a curse. Hit your head on things, legs are too long to properly fit in most cars, etc.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
5'7" or just barely under 5'7" depending on the time of day.

My mother is 5'2" or so, and I'd say my father is about 5'6". Most of my family is a bit short, but on the plus side all have hair into their old age. My brother somehow made 5'9" or 5'10". I guess I was too picky an eater when I was younger. :)

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Eleuthera said:
Tilly said:
Eleuthera said:
I'm about 5'9" some 4" below average for a Dutch male.
What? The average Dutch male is 6'1"?? Can you point me to data on that. Find that very hard to believe.
http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height-by-country
They call it 6'0",but it's closer to 6'1".
Wow, really didn't know there was that much variation between countries. Haha and then you try posting the same chart based on IQ variation and people start getting a bit nervous (I think Germans come out highest, if I recall)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
186 cm which i guess would make me slightly over 6 foot. It appears im in the majority group.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
I am around 189cm (6'2"). I usually say 6foot2 if asked.

I'm taller than most people I meet/see, but I still wish I was taller.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Between 5'2 and 5'4 without shoosies. My usual stance is slightly hunched so I look smaller. I'm smaller than most people and have little short legs.

It sucks, I wish I was taller then maybe I would be able to see in crowds and my jeans wouldn't bunch up at the bottom.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
4 foot 8, almost 4 9. 70-something pounds. Yes, I'm tiny, sue me.
On the downside, I need help reaching the high shelves. on the upside, it's easy for guys to lift one up and threw around. All balances out.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I've said before. 6' 1" tall, currently 250lbs of blubber since I've become a wreck. I'm obese but have broad shoulders and carried weight well for a long time, not so much anymore though.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I'm dead on 6 foot.
I wish I was shorter sometimes though. Except when I'm in a crowd and I can see above most peoples heads. That's pretty fun.

Leon Royce

Aug 22, 2014
Motherfucking Caucasian Godzilla here.

Though a small Godzilla at 6'4" (193cm). A little too tall, especially for someone into petite women from the East. I got the "you're too tall" line quite a few times.

My tall heart hurts.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
I'm just about a quarter inch taller than 5'4" tall, and weigh a wopping 130 pounds. But I like being small and short, but nice and agile and flexible.