Poll: how you like the new escapist layout

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Just how you feel about this new interface?

I detest it, its way too damned white and the forums need to have a dark button not hidden in the corner. There is less revealed when you view previews also such as the jimquisition button ect for easy access.

Anyway looks like I going to have to put up with this crap interface going through 3 pages of useless web material to look for Yatzee for example. Oh and I dont care if you disagree with me just want to see some opinions on it.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
You should add a "meh" option to the poll, because that's sort of how I feel. The only thing that's annoying me is that the add banner at the top of the page only takes up about a third of the width, and therefore there is a ton of empty space. It means I have to scroll down more than I used to, but meh, other than that it's not that different.

Huulluu

Jan 21, 2012
Just fine with it, not too white as you say since I have the darkest brightness on my screen, so that doesn't matter. But to your poll, I should say I love it, there is no big change in the site to my perception and not too confusing, and of that "darkness" not really in the new site, I always considered the default skin to have great contrast with the brightness of the white as with these blue/black shades to the left and right of my post, but whatever.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
It sucks. I don't like things that are different.
Seriously though. I liked the old interface just fine. This is a rather unnecessary change, and like you said it takes longer to reach something. Which is terrible design.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
My only issue is the wallpaper, I'm using Redlin5's siggy wallpaper, but it stops half way down the page. I know some of us tried to have our names on there but missed the cut off, it'd be cool if we could be added now!

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I got used to the old one, I suppose I'll get used to this one and all the ones that will come afterwards. It's not a question of liking or hating.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
I'm ok with it, and I think this picture sums up how I think of people who don't like it.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Why is this in Gaming Discussion?

Anyway, I like most parts of it. There is nothing too wrong with the new layout. Sure, there are some things that don't appeal to me, but shockingly, the old look wasn't perfect either. I know, right? But I'll go through the official channels [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-Redesign-Information] for anything I find too bad.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I pretty much got used to it now. I mean I was fine with the new layout but certain bits like not knowing where the forum buttin and the group page annoyed me at first.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
I really like it. Looks really, really nice, and I no longer have to scroll down for the popular forum threads-thingy. The news-reel thing is also damn good-lookin' imo.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I prefer it, though I kind of wish hovering over news would give you a drop down of recent news. I never look at the main page so I wouldn't know what the rest of the site looks like.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm quite indifferent to it. It's OK, but I prefer the old one, however I guess I will get used to it. I didn't like the last one in the first, but I got used to it.

Also for the record I voted that I love it since I'm closer to loving it than hating it.

Aug 25, 2009
Neither.

I prefer it to the redesign they did a while back. That was shockingly bad and actually kept me away from the Escapist for nearly three months until they'd fixed the major problems.

But I still preferred the way it was. Things were simple, easy to find, and didn't tax my limited internet. I'm mainly using a dongle right now, which means that the more complicated a site gets, the harder time I will have getting it to load. I load FaceBook (non-timeline) and it's there, everything right where I need it and I can click through the links. I load the Escapist and I spend five minutes waiting while all of the menus load, then all the forums load, then the banner drop-down things load (sometimes, on a good day)

Every step they take away from simplicity means more and more work for my poor broken dongle, which means less time spent on the site because I simply can't be arsed to wait for the whole thing to load.