Poll: how you like the new escapist layout

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I enjoy a new change however I choose the other option because the only thing I enjoyed in the old layout was the "Hot Threads" option under Forums.

I really miss that option and I hope they would make it available again.Yes,I know there is the "Popular Threads" thing on the side but having to scroll through those and open very thread in a new window with the one I find interesting is a chore.The hot threads option would just lay all the important/most talked ones before me so I can choose whichever I want.

That's my only gripe about the new layout.

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
While originally a little lag heavy, my browser soon got used to the site and it finally displayed it's contents, I played around with the look of it, and my god it looked awesome.

...If the following statement sounded a little bit sexual to you, it was meant to. That's how awesome it was.

[Edit]: For those of you complaining, you obviously haven't seen Newgrounds. It's like they had the guys who make hedge-mazes redecorate the site, it doesn't look bad, but you can't find anything on there. Anything.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Squilookle said:
Anyone know if there's still a 'search forums' button anywhere on the default layout?
Very bottom. Beside the Escapist logo.
I said search forums, not search all the Escapist. There is a difference.

Kross said:
Squilookle said:
Anyone know if there's still a 'search forums' button anywhere on the default layout?
http://gyazo.com/81a014b1f19023f46d6ffbac395befde

For people saying it takes longer to navigate to something, can you be more specific? We've streamlined various things and removed some redundancy, but certainly don't want to make it more difficult to find content.
What I mean is under the old layout, under the forums drop down menu, the last option was 'search forums'- which took you straight to a search page for the forums only, which was extremely useful when you wanted to search just the forums and not articles and features. Under the old layout it was always just two clicks away, and I used it all the time.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
darkstone said:
I'm ok with it, and I think this picture sums up how I think of people who don't like it.
The problem is that we dont have a choice. Its not like I'll bugger off to IGN "shudder". But I WILL look for alternatives to the escapist. Even if something changes for the worse, that doesnt mean the product is shit, but it does mean that it is worse than before. Which is lame. And at some point, customers are lost.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
I like the overall style but I miss the easy accessibility of featured content. I loved how you could go to any show/comic/column/whatever via dropdown menues.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
I like it, it looks good!! I am happy there's no more drop downs (other than for forums), those got on my nerves. Navigating through the site so far has been easy and simple.

The only thing that looks odd is all that white on top of the page. And my avatar doesn't show up properly on all the pages. On the forums I see a rabbit banging his head against a wall, on my profile (and that mini pic) it's my old avatar...