Poll: I Just Started Smoking :D

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
I'm sure the poll has already been done, but look it up.... :effort:

So I just started smoking last week and I'm loving it so far. I do it for the camaraderie. I enjoy going outside with friends to have a smoke. I tried Camels but like Marbs better. I just wanted to see what people think of smoking, and to see what everyone else smokes?

Please don't tell me to stop, because I am not addicted to it and could if I want to. I enjoy smoking.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
PHOENIXRIDER57 said:
I am not addicted to it and could if I want to. I enjoy smoking.
Famous last words :D

But seriously, if you smoke just for the camraderie, maybe you should consider trying something else. No hate, just saying.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
I think that people who smoke are like people who deliberately don't wear seat belts, even though they know how much more likely they are to die that way.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
hahahahaha "Im not addicted to it and could stop if i wanted to" oh thats rich. Isn't that what people who are addicted say? I personally think smoking is disgusting and any person who starts now has to be crazy with all of the obvious side effects of it. But hey good luck with killing yourself slowly i guess!

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
We can learn a very important lesson from this thread ladies and gentlemen:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I don't know what to tell you. Enjoy cancer? Enjoy smelling terrible? Enjoy your yellowed, pock marked skin, and your stained teeth, and all the money you're paying someone to poison you? Enjoy looking like you're 45 when you're 25?

Smoking rools!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm assuming you realise plenty of people are going to be annoyed because you smoke.

Either way, how do your lungs feel? Mine hurt a fair bit yesterday because I smoked for the first time in a good five or six years the night before that.

GarryIsTheHero

Apr 30, 2011
Dude seriously, smoking is great for about a month, but Give them up! Hindering you health for 8.55 (that's what they are in Ireland) is not worth it! P.s I'm in the process of quitting!

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
My friend actually smokes from a tobacco pipe. It smells much better than cigarette smoke and is way less deadly, plus I can actually stand to be near him. I don't see how anyone can stand cigarette smoke at all, it just smells disgusting.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
PHOENIXRIDER57 said:
I'm sure the poll has already been done, but look it up.... :effort:

So I just started smoking last week and I'm loving it so far. I do it for the camaraderie. I enjoy going outside with friends to have a smoke. I tried Camels but like Marbs better. I just wanted to see what people think of smoking, and to see what everyone else smokes?

Please don't tell me to stop, because I am not addicted to it and could if I want to. I enjoy smoking.
Don't smoke, I find it stupid and disgusting, to the point where a girl who is otherwise perfect is immediately undateable if she smokes.

Oh and

Bullshit, everyone who smokes claims they aren't addicted and can stop anytime they want in fact, I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of addiction

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
Just stop.

I wanted to tell you something else, but I can't. I saw two people die from smoking-related illnesses, and believe me when I say you'd rather die in the hands of a giant octopus proctologist than from that crap.

Vancleef

Jul 6, 2010
Are you trolling?

A friend of mine started smoking when he was 14. Two years later and he still hasn't been able to quit.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Hello son, this is your dad.

I'm so proud of you for picking up a wholesome and respectable hobby for once instead of those nerdy video games.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
PHOENIXRIDER57 said:
Don't worry, people here are sensible and respect decisions made by mentally sound adults /sarcasm. Anyways, I'm assuming you're fully aware of the consequences of smoking. Just because they don't happen now doesn't mean they won't happen in the future. I'm dead serious.

Anyways, I'm a smoker as well. I used to smoke 100's but currently settled on Pall Mall Blue.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I've been smoking for a few years now and the reasons I enjoyed it so much were the same as yours (seriously smoking is the BEST way to meet new people) I enjoy having a smoke when I'm stressed and it's always good for a nice.... ahem... 'movement'

that being said I've tried to quit dozens of times, believe me when I tell you it's no walk in the park to quit for good, you might enjoy the head rush from smoking now but it fades and before you know it you're having a smoke in the pouring rain just so you want snap at one of your co-workers.

is smoking fun? yeah sure it is, plus you meet plenty of people and it relaxs you.

but I can't stress this enough The things you enjoy the most about smoking will NEVER outweigh the bad things about it.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
PHOENIXRIDER57 said:
Please don't tell me to stop, because I am not addicted to it and could if I want to.
As a smoker myself all I can say is: Not for long.
Anyway, I wouldn't say I "love" it, but I certainly enjoy it and have no incentive to stop so far. Not much else to say really, but you do know where this thread will inevitably end up, yes? This is the escapist, after all.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
Hey, good for you. I like smoking, I don't care if I'm addicted or not, I don't feel like quitting anyways so I don't have to worry about that little riddle. lol