Poll: I...Just...What the hell?!

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
dwightsteel said:
lwm3398 said:
You do realize, of course, that you were watching a show that's bias was toward that of the existence of extra-terrestrial life in the universe, and that all of the supposed "evidence" is going to be skewed?

Am I discounting the idea of aliens in the universe? No, not at all. As big as the universe is, with all it's billions of stars, I think it's naive not to give the idea some merit, but the pyramids? Come on. That's the lamest bit of "evidence" that they throw out.
I actually believe in aliens. The universe, let alone galaxy, is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE, so their must be some other planet with life, protozoan or not. I'm just discounting that Gods from every culture are actually aliens, who came down in flying machines and were thought to be deities descending from heaven.

edit: WAIT! Found another flaw in this. If the aliens are believed to be deities, then wouldn't the people have had to think of the religion BEFORE the aliens came? I just disproved Von Daniken's theory in a sentence. Yet more proof that I AM AWESOME.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
You can speculate as much as you want, but without real argument or proof, it's just jibberish from a madman.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
space_oddity said:
lwm3398 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
space_oddity said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
So God is an alien?
Well it makes the same amount of sense as God being a god.

They're probably equally likely as well.
Im gonna have to lock this in as my response.
Maybe God is a Red Hot Chilli Peppers fan?
And a member of PETA.
Naw, God made us omnivores, who eat animals. If he built us in his image, then He's an omnivore too, meaning he eats meat, meaning he isn't a member of PETA.
So what you are saying is...that if Unicorns are Omnivours....then GOD IS A UNICRORN!
A red unicorn.
Now you get a mansion, pool, pool table, and a Lamborghini, Ferrari, and a Cadillac.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
The German who says God's an alien?
I reckon it's a cult, as does my friend who's read his books.

So God is an alien?

You have a major problem with the idea of being that are greater than humans don't you?

On topic however I was with you until you said aliens built the pyramids.
I am very aware of the inconsistency between these two statements.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
KingPiccolOwned said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
The German who says God's an alien?
I reckon it's a cult, as does my friend who's read his books.

So God is an alien?

You have a major problem with the idea of being that are greater than humans don't you?

Until we find one, yes I do.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
KingPiccolOwned said:
Wait, what? Why would you not be with me until I said that? And I don't even believe this, it's Erich Von Daniken's theory. Emphasis on theory.

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
lwm3398 said:
dwightsteel said:
lwm3398 said:
You do realize, of course, that you were watching a show that's bias was toward that of the existence of extra-terrestrial life in the universe, and that all of the supposed "evidence" is going to be skewed?

Am I discounting the idea of aliens in the universe? No, not at all. As big as the universe is, with all it's billions of stars, I think it's naive not to give the idea some merit, but the pyramids? Come on. That's the lamest bit of "evidence" that they throw out.
I actually believe in aliens. The universe, let alone galaxy, is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE, so their must be some other planet with life, protozoan or not. I'm just discounting that Gods from every culture are actually aliens, who came down in flying machines and were thought to be deities descending from heaven.
Oh....well you really should have wrote THAT in your closing statement, or just spaced your opinion a bit, because that sentiment was kind of lost in translation (EDIT:for me at least. I guess I can't really speak for everyone). But with that being said, I can now agree with you.

raemiel

Jun 8, 2008
lwm3398 said:
space_oddity said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
So God is an alien?

You are totally awesome and deserve to have a gigantic mansion. Well done, my good man. Well. Done.
I agree completely!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
lwm3398 said:
...and the German's followers, his name was Erich Von Da-something-German, seemed like cultists, insane and believing whole heartedly that they were correct.
I agree with the opinion that von Daniken is a lunatic... still, that's a rather large rock to be flung by someone sitting in a glass dome. Isn't the 'God is an alien' concept the core belief of those nuts at Scientology, an organisation based in the USA?

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
raemiel said:
lwm3398 said:
space_oddity said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
So God is an alien?

You are totally awesome and deserve to have a gigantic mansion. Well done, my good man. Well. Done.
I agree completely!
Were you even on that thread? it was titled poll:pETA. If you were there, I missed you. If you weren't, you shouldn't get the joke. If you get the joke and weren't there, then you are psychic, and I would like a horoscope.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
lwm3398 said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
Wait, what? Why would you not be with me until I said that? And I don't even believe this, it's Erich Von Daniken's theory. Emphasis on theory.
No I said I was with you until you said that.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Sonicron said:
lwm3398 said:
...and the German's followers, his name was Erich Von Da-something-German, seemed like cultists, insane and believing whole heartedly that they were correct.
I agree with the opinion that von Daniken is a lunatic... still, that's a rather large rock to be flung by someone sitting in a glass dome. Isn't the 'God is an alien' concept the core belief of those nuts at Scientology, an organisation based in the USA?
Nope. They don't have a god, they have Xenu, overlord of the galaxy, who- Ya know what? I don't need any more stupidity taking up space in my mind, lest I die from stupidity poisoning. Go look it up. But i can assure you, their god isn't an alien. And Erich Daniken's this is not "aliens are God" it's "God is really just an alien thought! to be a deity."

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
lwm3398 said:
Sonicron said:
lwm3398 said:
Nope. They don't have a god, they have Xenu, overlord of the galaxy, who- Ya know what? I don't need any more stupidity taking up space in my mind, lest I die from stupidity poisoning. Go look it up. But i can assure you, their god isn't an alien. And Erich Daniken's this is not "aliens are God" it's "God is really just an alien thought! to be a deity."
Fine, I got it mixed up in my head. My bad. ^^°

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
KingPiccolOwned said:
lwm3398 said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
Bleh! I misspoke. What I meant to say was: Why would you not be with me when I said that?

raemiel

Jun 8, 2008
lwm3398 said:
raemiel said:
lwm3398 said:
space_oddity said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
So God is an alien?

I agree completely!
Were you even on that thread? it was titled poll:pETA. If you were there, I missed you. If you weren't, you shouldn't get the joke. If you get the joke and weren't there, then you are psychic, and I would like a horoscope.
Haha nope I have no idea of what you're talking about. I'm just a massive fan of the chili peppers.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
raemiel said:
lwm3398 said:
raemiel said:
lwm3398 said:
space_oddity said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
So God is an alien?

I agree completely!
Haha nope I have no idea of what you're talking about. I'm just a massive fan of the chili peppers.
As am I.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
lwm3398 said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
lwm3398 said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
Bleh! I misspoke. What I meant to say was: Why would you not be with me when I said that?
Because the Nazca lines are something that really humans couldn't make until we at least had flying technology, which no one had at the supposed time of their creation. But the pyramids can be done with simple machines and mere geometry.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I really want to believe this theory, it would make history so much more interesting. However I don't, without evidence. :(