Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
ok, some one offers you £500 ($800) to NEVER play tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?

and don't be all "ooh! well i'll play it in secret!" just use your imagination, we're not here to test your knowledge of playing video games in secret :p

edit: just to clarify, it's JUST the old legends, you know, the FIRST handful of videogames ever! NES onwards is ok

edit2: ok, i don't think i'm entirely unique in associating "atari" with the old gaming legends, i know some of them aren't but please dear god just use some of that human intellegence of yours! don't make me list out every game you're not allowed to play! THE old ones! you know what i bloody mean!

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
Not even a problem. I don't particularly like retro games. Plus, it's $800 I can spend on new games.

Dec 14, 2009
Yeah, why not, but make it £1000.

I was never a fan of retro games anyway, and I could spend the money on something a lot more worthwhile.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Sure. The only one I still play on occasion is Tetris anyway, and even then it's about once a year.

Wait, does this include necessary minigames from AAA titles? If so then I'd want to be reimbursed for any game that has a Snake-esque lock-picking sequence or whatever.

danielns13

May 21, 2011
This feels like the kind of deal which I would feel bad about saying yes or no. Ii hf I said Yes then I would eventually get an urge to play some old games and would be sad that I had taken the money. If I said No would play some atari, get bored in 15 minutes and wish I had 800$ for to spend on new games.

For the record, said sure.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Hell yes. Let's face it, what I consider retro is Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Mario Bros. So what you're asking is no problem.

Aranialis

Oct 24, 2009
Atari, is not just about Retro games... So no no no thank you. I like my games, and if I need money I work harder.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I would tell them go screw off, I could stand not playing Pac-man or Space Invaders ever again but I will never stop playing Tetris.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
danielns13 said:
This feels like the kind of deal which I would feel bad about saying yes or no. Ii hf I said Yes then I would eventually get an urge to play some old games and would be sad that I had taken the money. If I said No would play some atari, get bored in 15 minutes and wish I had 800$ for to spend on new games.

For the record, said sure.
well that's just it though, money comes and goes, but if you said yes, you'd be losing atari FOREVER!

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Done! i'll be waiting for that £500. on second thought, i will accept a new xbox kinnect bundle. it's only £269 save your money. i'm waiting for a reply....

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
The last time I played any of those was Tetris in high school. If I've gone this long without them, I imagine I could keep living without for money.

As long as I keep getting to play Atari's new stuff, as I still enjoy STO and TDU2.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I do enjoy some classics every now and then, but $800 will do a lot of good towards my son's well-being which I would gladly sacrifice most anything for.

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
If only atari, then hell yes. But you added "retro legends" to that and now I have to ask, how retro is retro?