Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
but... but... but... the Jaguar.

It might of been a flop, but oh boy would I love to own one (I'm dead serious).

I would love to pay such classics as Tempest 2000, and Alien Versus Predator, and even the more obscure games like um...Attack of the mutant penguins...mmmm....yeah, that's a bit bad.

Forsvaine

Jun 16, 2011
I don't care for retro games. They're all either remakes of games from the last twenty years, or... actually, yeah, that's all they are. Or as Yahtzee puts it, "If everyone has to buy digital televisions before 2010, then that means you aren't allowed to suddenly ignore 20 years of gameplay innovation."

Scatty

Jul 21, 2011
No problem, little bit harder leaving Pac-Man, but I can deal with it. Plus, I'll make it to where I won't play ANY videa games. At all.

Scatty

Jul 21, 2011
No problem, little bit harder leaving Pac-Man, but I can deal with it. Plus, I'll make it to where I won't play ANY videa games. At all.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
interspark said:
... tetris, ...
Now if i say yes, does this include that I cant think in Tetris? Like, when I pack, I think in tetris for the most space (there's a made up syndrome for it, I just dont know the name) cause if I cant, then thats a deal breaker.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Atari Publishes many new games and many retro games where not Atari, so do you mean Atari or retro and if you mean retro define retro.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
I will for $1200. Unless you mean newer titles as well such as Roller Coaster Tycoon, then it is gonna cost you at least $10k or no.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
MianusIzBleeding said:
I am disgusted at the treatment of retro gaming here :(
They are the foundations of current games now
I'd pick Super Metroid over ANY current gen title
For the record, I traded my 360 for a NES. Thats how much I like my retro games
*not meaning any of the above in a nasty/preachy way btw*

So, no. I need my retro games
oh dear lord, tell me where you live so i can send a high five in your direction (don't really :p) my love for the N64 will never waver, i've yet to play a game that rivals Pokemon Snap or Majora's Mask ^_^

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
MianusIzBleeding said:
I am disgusted at the treatment of retro gaming here :(
They are the foundations of current games now
I'd pick Super Metroid over ANY current gen title
For the record, I traded my 360 for a NES. Thats how much I like my retro games
*not meaning any of the above in a nasty/preachy way btw*

So, no. I need my retro games
This Forum is full of teenagers who even consider the Gamecube retro.

So yeah, that's your answer. My advice, keep playing your retro games, and screw the haters.

Me, I prefer retro games. Give me Golden Axe over Bioshock any day of the week.

GameFreak2600

Jul 21, 2011
I like older games way more than newer ones, and therefore cannot possibly be forced to part ways with my Atari 2600 or the ability to enjoy many games in the arcades.

But to be honest, DigDug, Pac Man, and Tetris....none of those were made by Atari.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I could easily do that, I hate most retro games. I could probably go with never playing another modern game published by Atari to be honest...

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I own one, and trust me, never go near the thing!

I would gladly give up the likes of tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake etc, etc (although they were just on an Atari system, not made by)

As...
I can't remember, let alone the last time I played them, nor the last time I had the desire to play them. I can happily sit thru Mass Effect I & II, Saints' Row I & II etc, etc without wanting to play a retro game!

(unless it's anything on the C64, which I still have a soft spot for!)

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
interspark said:
... tetris, ...
Now if i say yes, does this include that I cant think in Tetris? Like, when I pack, I think in tetris for the most space (there's a made up syndrome for it, I just dont know the name) cause if I cant, then thats a deal breaker.
you may think tetris
Darknacht said:
Atari Publishes many new games and many retro games where not Atari, so do you mean Atari or retro and if you mean retro define retro.
i believe i said "legends" and listed several examples, i'm relying on folk like your good self to work it out

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No I would say "Are you insane?" Sure I could be the insane one for refusing that money butI have a great respect for retrogames since there are the stepping stones for the games we are playing today. Ok it's not like this stranger will wipe out retro games but I still willing to play them when I am in the mood for it.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Those games you listed, yes, but otherwise your definition of retro was too vague to accept