Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
FINE I WILL TAKE YOUR DIRT MONEY....*walks away*

*laughs*
Bwhahaha, I dont have one or have ever played one.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
interspark said:
ok, some one offers you £500 ($800) to NEVER play tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?

and don't be all "ooh! well i'll play it in secret!" just use your imagination, we're not here to test your knowledge of playing video games in secret :p

edit: just to clarify, it's JUST the old legends, you know, the FIRST handful of videogames ever! NES onwards is ok
Judging by the poll, you're going to be out alot of money for essentially a drop in the bucket. So, now that you're in severe debt (using your imagination of course), what do you plan to do with yourself?
i'll pay it out in forged book tokens, i never said it would be cash >:-D

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Do it for free.

I never played them when they were new and probably never will again.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Well I guess I could live without space invaders - chuck brick breaker in to the list and I'm in! (excuse for a new phone).

I need a new gfx card anyway.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
No thanks. Pacman CE DX is fun. My favorite games this generation are all on Xbox Live Arcade, which favours mostly retro gamestyles.

Money isn't high on my priority list.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well never ever is a long time so up it a bit and we will have a deal

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Of course I would take the offer.

But that's mostly because I have no bloody idea what an Atari is.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
interspark said:
FalloutJack said:
interspark said:
ok, some one offers you £500 ($800) to NEVER play tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?

and don't be all "ooh! well i'll play it in secret!" just use your imagination, we're not here to test your knowledge of playing video games in secret :p

edit: just to clarify, it's JUST the old legends, you know, the FIRST handful of videogames ever! NES onwards is ok
Judging by the poll, you're going to be out alot of money for essentially a drop in the bucket. So, now that you're in severe debt (using your imagination of course), what do you plan to do with yourself?
i'll pay it out in forged book tokens, i never said it would be cash >:-D
Good thing I voted 'no' then.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Jazoni89 said:
Richardplex said:
I didn't know what an Atari was, so yeah, I'll take your free money. Assuming I'm allowed to play the most recent hacking / lockpicking minigame idea in games I play.
Then answer this, Why the Hell are you on these forums, if you don't know what an Atari is?

Hell, I'm only 22, and I know what an Atari is. Mainly because it...i don't know... single-handedly Shaped the videogaming industry! (and also nearly destroyed it, but that's an entirely different story). The company even created pong, and everyone knows pong...right?

redisforever said:
TETRIS?! I love Tetris! I play it all the time! No way.
For the love of god, Tetris isn't Atari. Neither is Pacman, Galaga, or Dig Dug (all three of them were made by Namco, or Namcot as it was called back then). They may of been on an atari console at one point (and everyone knows how abysmal the atari 2600 port of pacman was), but that doesn't mean you can't play these games on other non Atari systems.

No, Atari is games like Adventure, which was a prequel to Legend of Zelda like adventure games.

This game is possibly the oldest game I still actively play, as it was released in 1979 (a full ten years before I was even born), and a full seven years before the first Legend of Zelda game. I think it's the simple addictive gameplay, that makes it fun to play even now (It's also worth playing just to see the dodgy looking dragons, that looked like oversized flamingos).

(Atari also released such classics as missile commander, tempest, asteroids, and centipede.)
I know it isn't Atari. However, the OP said I'm not allowed to play it. So no. Also, I love Asteroids. And Centipede. Wait, Atari published RollerCoaster Tycoon. Crap, that was good too.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I rarely play them anyway, so I might as well go for it. YOu can only get so much thrill from playing Dig Dug, and then I may as well play The Falling Sand Game.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I started gaming *after* the retro games so they don't hold any sentimental value or enjoyment.

However if it was about ANY game Atari made/publish I would reject as Atari Published (I think) Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 WHICH IS ADORE as it's the best rollercoaster sim/Themepark Management game in existance I know of and I <3 it dearly.