Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
It wouldn't be too bad for me, since the only one on that list I enjoy playing is Tetris, and even than... it's Tetris. Not going to miss too much from not playing it.

Take away my NES games... THAN we'll have a problem.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
interspark said:
tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?

edit: just to clarify, it's JUST the old legends, you know, the FIRST handful of videogames ever! NES onwards is ok
So, I can't play the set of games where most of them sucked and only a few were worth playing? Okay, so I'm banned from Pac-Man, Snake, and Missile Command, the three games from that time I don't mind playing but usually don't unless I have nothing else to turn to at the moment.

I'm going to shut up and take your money now.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
No, Defender and Centipede are just too dear to me. I know it's not Atari, but they are pre-NES, aren't it? And no Asteroids means no Super Stardust HD.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Better be five hundred pounds a year, because I use tetris on my phone as a distraction for all forms of waiting.

the spud

May 2, 2011
No, I could never do that. I particularly like retro gaming (despite my relatively young age). Heck, I play pitfall at my grandparents all the time. Don't even get me started on galaga.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Give me the money.

Despite growing up with an Intellivision before my NES, I've always considered the retro classics to be interesting museum pieces to show where later gaming conventions came from. I've never really considered them solid or entertaining games unless viewed through coke bottle thick rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

ICortezI

Jul 25, 2010
I'd be fine with that. My age puts all the nostalgia in the N64, I don't really play many games that go back further than that. I play the occasional tetris or pac man, but nothing I couldn't live without.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
Honestly, I don't think I would. 500 dollars isn't a lot of money for a decision that will affect you for the rest of your life, even if it something minor and stupid like not being able to play some retro games.

EDIT: It isn't really nostalgic for me, but I still love a good round of Tetris. I don't hesitate to say that Tetris has graced the most graceful out of any game in the history of the medium. A simple, yet timeless concept that scales perfectly with increasing game and graphics power.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
I doubt many people refuse considering the amount of good games you can buy with 400$, not to mention 800$.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
I really never played any of the original stuff and I quite honestly suck at them now.. so yeah, deal. My video gaming childhood started around the middle of the NES age and even then I was more Mario and Megaman than Tetris and Pacman. Hope the check is in the mail.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
you know? it does sound tempting, since i can spend the money on new things, but pacman and tetris have provided me with tons of fun, and when i have the desire to play them again (as i almost certainly will) they will provide me with fun once again.

so, yeah, 1000 euros would be nice (no way in hell only 500), but i dont NEED it, and the potential loss outweighs the potential gain, for tetris is timeless, and when i cant have it, i will want it much more, so not a pleasant situation

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
the spud said:
No, I could never do that. I particularly like retro gaming (despite my relatively young age). Heck, I play pitfall at my grandparents all the time. Don't even get me started on galaga.
OH FUCK I FORGOT GALAGA. okay, change my no to a fuck no. no way in hell i can live without galaga (that arcade game is one of my alltime favorites)

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
The only one I'd miss a bit is Space Invaders really, but I'd get over it if I had 500+ dollars no problem. Now, if you asked me to give up NES games forever or something.. I might have an issue with that one. Probably wouldn't in that case since there are so many NES games that are still good now. Atari though... I can pass on that.