Poll: [If] England and America just went to war...

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
captainfluoxetine said:
Aye well its not like America went "Hazza monies for teh gunzorz terrorists!". But a lot of 'campaign funds' for Sinn Fein came from the Republicans in America. I think it was the Republicans at least.
Irish Republicans like O'brien, John Mitchell, maybe Eamon De Valera, and more.

DragonLord Seth said:
Oh and do you want me to point out how half out states are much much MUCH bigger than England?
Well, Geographically the USA is roughly the same size as Europe. Population-wise, though, no single state out-populates the UK as far as I'm aware.

TL;DR:
America would kick ass, so stop hating on us you xenophobic Brits! (That is prob my truest statment in a while, its a 50/50 chance in online games that either a Brit will be a dickwad or a good guy when you tell him you're an American
I should think that statement applies with greater force to much of the rest of the world. Half of online Britain might hate you, but I should think a greater proportion of the populations of other countries do.

Besides, a phobia implies unreasonable fear/hatred. There's plenty of reasonable reasons to dislike the US.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Being British, I think I'd reluctantly volunteer for the inevitable suicide force which would need to be drafted in order to fight such a war. Not so much out of patriotism but out of a sense of social obligation and Thanatos.

Heck, assuming I (or anyone) survived the aforementioned suicide force I can actually see myself quite getting into the whole murky guerilla warfare thing. I have the adolescent mindset for it.

Besides, it would be interesting to see if the US army could extend the same attitude to 'civilian casualties' to a population of disarmed white people. Maybe we couldn't win, but I'm pretty sure we could thoroughly destroy any political will to continue.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
captainfluoxetine said:
AnAngryMoose said:
captainfluoxetine said:
AnAngryMoose said:
captainfluoxetine said:
Im british and id side with america. Theres no possible way england would win a war against the yanks so least human suffering would be achieved by siding with the obivous winner. Plus I wouldnt really give a shite if i was ruled by dickehads in westminster or dickheads in the whitehouse.

Also, you realise that a war *just* against England, not Great Britain would mean leaving alone the now Indepenant peoples republics of Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

Personally I like the idea that the invasion would just involve america funding armies in Wales, Ireland and Scotland and letting them invade England. Not that america would ever fund Arms in Ireland...*

*Historical irony, in the form of the IRA to anyone too dense to get it.
Well, if the Nazis didn't want anything to do with the IRA then I doubt that the Yanks would. :p
Lots of the IRA's funding came from America.

Unless you know that and I TOTALLY missed the point of your post.
I actually didn't realise that a lot of funding came from America. I was just passing a comment on how disorganised they weree (and still are).
Aye well its not like America went "Hazza monies for teh gunzorz terrorists!". But a lot of 'campaign funds' for Sinn Fein came from the Republicans in America. I think it was the Republicans at least.
I assume it would have been the Republicans considering that de Valera's attempt to fund raise just pissed off Congress.