Poll: If you could relive your life as the oppisite sex would you?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
That would be fascinating, so likely yes. Assuming I ever had the opportunity to compare the two, that is; otherwise, I'd probably just leap at the chance for any life again.

In fact, would it still be me? Different gender acculturation would be of colossal importance, but would it lead to me missing certain formative experiences? Undoubtedly so, but which ones? It's a fascinating philosophical and sociological thought experiment...

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
If I didn't have the ability to go back: Hell no. I like being a dude mmkay? If I could go back to being a guy if it turned out that being a woman really wasn't for me then I dont see why not. I've always thought it'd be kinda neat to see what life is like for both sides, and at the very worst I might be able to understand women a little better when I turn back.

eTe

Nov 29, 2009
If I did, would probably do things I will not say here for fear of being placed on probabtion or something.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Haha, HELL no. Women have to worry about periods, menstration, and childbith. I'll keep my wang[footnote]NOTE TO THE MODS: The last time I used the phrase "my wang" in a post, I was given a warning. I consider this to be highly hypocritical, considering that many of the most popular contributors to this site (such as ZP, Jim Sterling, and LLR crew) seem to have no problem talking about, and even showing crude representations of, the male sex organ. Not to mention the fact that being offended by the word "wang" is quite childish, almost as much as using the word itself. So I would appreciate it if you would just let this one slide.[/footnote], thanks.
I don't know what context your previous comment was in, but this will not give you a warning. Also, our contributors are free to bend the rules at their whim in order to provoke thought, it's their jobs. If you want to appeal a moderation action against you, please contact the appeal board. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact]

OT: I'd like to test it, but I don't know if I'd want to be a woman permanently. I think I'd be happy either way, really.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Depends, if it was changed on the spot and with my memories and current timeline retained, yes, but if it meant everything resetted to the point where i was about to be born, not sure.

I mean would you (metaphorically) retroactively castrate you own existance and memories for the sake of being something you wanted to be, but then couldn't be able to appriciate it because your previous experiences was wiped?

And assuming thats the only thing that was changed, whats going to happen to your alturnate self if they had something that would have made them a 'statistics orphan' if they were the oddity in some condition that mostly effected one gender but not much of the other, would they get as much help or even get noticed....? :x

Apparently females with asbergers are a lot rarer than males with it.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
If I got to first live the rest of my life as a guy, sure. Can't see why I wouldn't want another life. If it means I'd have to stop right now, and start over being a woman, then hell no. Being a guy is awesome.