Poll: If you had to lose a colour from your sight, what would it be and why that colour?

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Hmmm...Brown. My colour blindness is very mild, but I have real difficulty telling the difference between Purples and Brown...If I remove brown from the equation I am no longer colour blind and can then move on with my life, get a wife, some kids. Grow a purple tree in the back yard and built a purple treehouse in it. Ahhh yes, t'will be the life. I still remember asking my nursery teacher what colour trees and poo were when I was 3....good times, good times.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
brown is the most bland color in the options you provided, so i chose that one. although, the color i would actually choose is gray.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Wuggy said:
Oh man, this is hard for someone who works on visual stuff (where colours are extremely important) most of the time.

So I'm gonna cop out (or more like cheat) and say... ultraviolet, since we can't see that anyway.
Only right answer, as we only can choose from red, green, and blue anyway. Missing any of them will leave you very much screwed.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
rvbnut said:
I would lose Purple from my sight. Don't see much practical use in it (pun intended)
What pun did you intend? I see none.

Pink, that way humans could be more multicoloured.

Ulfrick

Oct 14, 2010
at first I was going to say pink... but then I remembered that some of my favorite things in life are pink... like... well... grapefruit jeeze what did you think I was going to say. although those would both look rather odd in gray as well.

So I guess I'd go with light blue... always hated that colour.

KamiiKa

Oct 4, 2011
Orange. I don't see orange around that much. It's an awful colour. Well, except on autumn trees. But there's always red, brown and yellow I guess. No, wait. What would happen to the orange portal??! :O

I choose Grey.

Shreddie

May 11, 2011
I was about to choose yellow, but then I figured that might make driving somewhat dangerous so I'm gonna go with pink.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Purple, I really don't think I'd be losing anything. It's hardly ubiquitous where I live and when I do see it, I don't feel it does anything to enhance the general aesthetics. So I'd get rid of that.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Brown. Who likes brown anyway? Brown, you are the bastard child of colors.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I would pick pink I guess, no use to me.
Or maybe Purple, I'm not regal anyway.

Sgt. Dante said:
So what? whatever colour we pick gets replaced with grey? If that's the case I pick grey.
Grey is not a colour, it's a shade of Black/ White. (I can't remember which).

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
(Hipster mode activated) I'll lose Onyx, because it's not the same as Black......(Hipster mode deactivated)......apparently.

Sep 14, 2009
Dags90 said:
Salmon. I don't think I've ever seen something and gone "Y'know, this would look way better if it was salmon colored".
sound logic. agree with you i shall.

although curious, what would be replaced then? would you just not see the damn thing or would it simply be gray or...?

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Brown. Because I've seen waaaay too many shooters with brown in 'em, these past few years.

If I could pick something outside of that list, I'd pick grey for the same reasons.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Kargathia said:
Wuggy said:
Oh man, this is hard for someone who works on visual stuff (where colours are extremely important) most of the time.

So I'm gonna cop out (or more like cheat) and say... ultraviolet, since we can't see that anyway.
Only right answer, as we only can choose from red, green, and blue anyway. Missing any of them will leave you very much screwed.
I am in the same boat as a multimedia designer.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
CardinalPiggles said:
I would pick pink I guess, no use to me.
Or maybe Purple, I'm not regal anyway.

Sgt. Dante said:
So what? whatever colour we pick gets replaced with grey? If that's the case I pick grey.
Grey is not a colour, it's a shade of Black/ White. (I can't remember which).
As far as the RGB colour spectrum is concerned, yes it is.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Purple. Since I can't think of a scenario where purple would occur naturally.