Poll: If you were a Jedi/Sith what color lightsaber would you use? And why?

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
I see that many have chosen black. But could a lightsaber be black. I mean LIGHTsaber. There is blue and red ligh and so on, but there's no such thing as black light.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
I agree with previous people saying that the colour has nothing to do with the personality of the sith/jedi, and yadda, yadda

Personally I still think that the purple lightsaber is the best, if only because it's the lightsaber Samuel L Jackson would use. You know you'll get respect with that colour.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Purple, cause I love my Purple Lightsaber on Force Unleashed

Black would be pretty cool aswell

ranasan

Jun 17, 2009
black because is the strangest color of lightsaber I have ever seen. It's like a void... you'll keep staring at it until it cuts your hand off

mr gonzomatic

Oct 17, 2009
Purple and to be specific, I'd see about some Plum Crazy Purple.

Why?

...I just really dig me some Plum Crazy Purple.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Yellow/Gold, cos I can't remember ever seeing any character have one (though I'm probably wrong...)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Viivrabe said:
how ever i must say that i absalutely hate the black saber, black is not a color
black is the absence of light and/or color and with out light you can not have a "Light"saber
Technically, a lightsaber blade is more of a beam of highly compressed energy rather than actual light.

OT: Blue or green. Kind of a toss up. I mean, Obi-Wan had a blue one, but Yoda had a green one...Which do I pick???

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I'd go with red, as blood is red, and spilling blood is my thing... and being a lightsaber it would kinda evapourate most of the blood that i would prefer to be flowing and spraying... so I'd hafta get the colour in there somehow, wouldn't I?

also I would be spectrally neutral only killing if directly provoked in such a way as it would be required as an action... I do not feel strong enough emotions to be a sith, and yet I'm not one to sacrifice myself too easily either, and almost all the stuff i would want to do with any powers therin would be against the jedi code... so yeah...

My choice of colour is theatrical at it's core. after all when you kill someone, you want it to have a strong effect, after all killing itself is a strongly symbolic act, may as well strengthen the symbolism... and red is a perfect colour to do that with.

Toasty

Aug 18, 2008
Jenkins said:
I would use a Ultra Violet Light saber, think about it, no one would see it coming... Literally.

I think I might be a Jedi Knight, but one that was more focused with the force, I would have no qualms of using "dark" force to kill sith.

oh and if I HAD to pick a color... might go... white? or blue.
The problm is, using the dark side of the force will most likely corrupt you(no matter how 'focused'you are)making killing the sith pointless as you go down the same path they did.
bt an Unltr-violet saber would be brilliant. I'd want one of those two length lightsabers (two crystals) like Corran Horn made.