Poll: If you were in prison and you have evidence one of your fellow prisoners is planning an escape

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Well, it depends on a couple of things. 1. Why is he in prison? If he was framed or his sentence is way too long or if he really is a good citizen, I wouldn't tell the guards. 2. Could anyone know I said it? If there is a 100% chance that nobody will find out it was me, I'd tell them.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
spectrenihlus said:
Do you inform a guard or do you keep quiet?
Btw there is no way this other prisoner can fit you into his plans so you will not be able to escape.

edit: I forgot please explain why you do what you do.
But then again, not enough information though.

What did escapee do?

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Let them escape.

If I'm in prison it's clear society has some kind of personal grievance with me, so why should I do anything to make their lives easier?

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
I'd inform a guard, discreetly.

Then again, I guess in a hypothetical where I'm in prison is either one where I'm in a foreign prison or have completely lost my values...so I don't know. Depends on the details.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
Bargain for a reduced sentence of course. Staying alive for the duration of that sentence may be tricky but it is probably worth it.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
It probably depends on a lot of factors:
1) Do I think the escapees deserve it?
2) Do they pose a risk for society when they're out?
3) Will their escape endanger any people other than themselves?
4) What are their chances of escape?
5) What do I get out of snitching?
6) Will anyone know I did?
7) What do I think will happen to me if I snitched?
8) What will the other inmates (who are not escaping) think?

It seems that the risk is probably higher than the reward, so I'd have to feel especially brave to snitch.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
What do I look like over here? Jimmy the snitch? Frankie the squealer? No sir, I ain't no stool pigeon.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Rumpsteak said:
Bargain for a reduced sentence of course. Staying alive for the duration of that sentence may be tricky but it is probably worth it.
What kind of backwards, horrible country are you planning on doing hard time in?

Badong

May 26, 2010
I'll probably just shut my trap. If anything, I'll just let things take their course; if the would-be escapees cock-up, I get away without a sore arsehole and extended years in prison. If the prison escape does go as planned, I'll probably just wait the whole thing out in my cell and get away with Good Behavior (at least I hope so) and without the years of dodging the cops.

On the other hand, if I am an integral part of the escape, then NO! FREEEEEEEDOOOOOM!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Fuck that I ain't no stitch. I'd rather not get shanked thank you very much!

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Stay out of it. Not my problem if he escapes and I'm not going to risk myself helping anyone who locked me up.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
I assumed it was the country you're living in so that would be Northern Ireland. A happy place where even not too long ago a larger than desirable number of the police were interchangeable with the criminals.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Depends how long i'm in prison for.

<5 years, possible early parole, good behavior and shit?
Like a stool pigeon, *****.

25 years to life?
I won't tell if you take me with you.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Snitch a fellow prisoner? Uh, no thanks. What the guards would do to me isn't even one third as bad as what the prisoners would do to me.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I would keep quiet.

In a prison, there will be far more inmates than guards. The inmates will inevitably be the ones that truly run the show. It is best to play by their rules, not those of the guards.

gusenborge

Nov 6, 2011
Depends on what's he's in for, if he is a convicted murderer i would make sure he stayed inside.