Poll: If you were in prison and you have evidence one of your fellow prisoners is planning an escape

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Yeah, I'd tell. Discreetly. If I got caught telling, I would ask to get protection. But then again, if the person escaping was a REALLY bad case, like a murderer, or peadophile, then I would shout it from the rafters. I know it's sniching, but everyone hates those guys. Might get some respect.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
I'd tell the guards if I thought I could do so without it being traced to me by other inmates. I am a coward after all.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I'm pretty sure I'd just keep my mouth shut. I like not having knives in my kidneys. Being called a snitch in prison is like being called a witch in Salem.

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
Well I'd try and escape with him, but seeing as that isn't an option, I'd just keep quiet.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
From my understanding based on numerous prison documentaries that I've seen, "No Snitchin'" is one of the cardinal rules of prison. If a fellow inmate has plans to escape, well that's his own damn business and since I don't want to live the rest of my life in fear (everyone's got friends on the outside, even if you managed to get out of jail by serving your sentence or parole or whatever, it's likely some buddies of the inmate you "backstab" would come looking for you) I think it would be wise to mind my own damn business.

So yeah, put me in the group that says "No, for fear of having my internal organs turned into hamburger patties."

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Depends what they're in for. If they've been jailed for petty shop-lifting or something I'd probably keep quiet, but if they were serial killers I wouldn't want them out in the streets again.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'm inclined to say blackmail them into altering the plan to accommodate me, but yeah, not nearly enough info.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It depend on how rought the prison is and the chances are they discover it was me who ratted the prisoner out.
Either way I just keep it to myself and inform no one about it. I ain't getting into trouble for someone else attempt to escape.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
The safety guy on days at my work ratted out my night counterpart about getting high while off job.
All the day guys are giving him cheese cause hes a rat.
You rat, you get shit or worse, in this case cheese.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
By fear of being raped in a shower, or stabbed several times with a rusty [insert cutlery here], id keep quiet.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
My whole plan if I ever have to go to prison for something is to stay out of everybody's way as much as possible, and never, ever, snitch. Besides, its not like he's blowing up the Empire State Building, he's leaving. They'll probably get him again.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Inform the guards. Good behaviour pays off in the prison.

As long as nobody finds out I was the one who told them. I couldn't care less about "honour" or whatever.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
If I'm already in prison, I'll be doing anything in order to better my changes of survival. Well not everything but the point was made.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Humn. OK...

I attempt to kill the prisoner, and take his escape attempt. Roll...
I attempt to realise that the escape attempt is flimsy as hell, and just gonna get me arrested*2. Roll...
I attempt to escape. Roll...

Great, thanks OP, now I'm gonna be stuck even longer.

EDIT: I wouldn't actually try to kill the dude. Might just let him go, I'm a hell of a coward.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Depends what he was in for and what I was in for, and whether revealing such information would put me in any danger.
I would wait until he was about to do it and then consider snitching.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Well... First I would want to know WHY the man trying to escapse is in jail and what he was convicted for, then I need to know the extent of this escape, and then I would have to judge how well I know the guy and if I would get involved.

But aside, it's not my buisness, so he can go ahead and do what he wants.