Poll: I'll Save You, Little Turret from "Portal 2"!

JakeOfRavenclaw

Jan 13, 2009
I also had to reload after accidentally disintegrating the "different" turret in Portal 2. I was kind of sad that the only option was to just leave it on the catwalk :p

I also teared up a little at the end of Bioshock 2. The good ending is just so wonderfully emotional...

As for other forms of media, there are too many to list, but the one that got me the worst was a certain episode from season five of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I first watched it just after Mother's Day last year. If you've seen the show, you know why that's a bad idea.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I teared up at the end of Angel Beats. Oh, and that goddamn dog episode in Futurama.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
RastaBadger said:
The end of Of Mice and Men is the only book that ever made me cry. Marley and Me is the only film. No games have made me cry.
Marley and Me had me in (barely suppressed tears) constantly for the 2nd half. Pretty much from the second I worked out how it was going to end.

Up made me cry, as did Toy Story 3. Wall.E less so, but it was still sad.
Leon made me cry a little the second time I watched it.

TV-wise, pretty much just the 'Jurassic Bark' episode of Futurama. (Actually, there's probably a couple of other episodes too...). Oh, and one or two episodes of scrubs, like the one where Ben dies.

Game-wise, Red Dead Redemption induced tears of rage and sadness at different points. Dragon Age 2 got me pretty emotional too.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
I actually cared for the turrets in portal a lot more than the companion cube, which I was under the impression would bring me to tears when we departed.
The end of Conkers bad fur day was pretty tear jerking, so was Far Cry 2s ending.
Not too sure if any games have made me outright cry [you know, what with my penis and everything] but some like Ocarina of Time and the two mentioned above came pretty darn close.

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
Oh, I'm a complete softy :/ Got it from my old man, I cry a lot in movies and anime... I'm a total sap :p

And yes, I wanted to save the turrets so... T_T

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Basically, this is the last thing I remember crying to.​

Shut up, this was serious business at the time.​

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
The ending of Max Payne 2 made me weep just a little bit. Or rather, both of them did, for different reasons. Heavy Rain did the same, albeit to a lesser degree; and Portal 2 kinda killed me inside.

Beyond that, nothing else has really made me feel much.

Sep 13, 2010
Emilin_Rose said:
I sad panda'd at the end of Rhapsody, and the end of Yoshi's Story made me cry tears of cute.

Beyond that though, I don't think i've sad panda'd in a long time. A little at the "true end" of the Nights sequel, but beyond that i'm mostly emotionally dead so i don't get sad anymore.

Though when i saw the new my little pony i almost sad panda'd, because i've always hated the work of the creator and now she was ruining part of my childhood. But eh. dead inside. don't really care about anything anymore.

I think this is the closest thing that will ever come to getting me to sad panda

Why would you put that up? that made me cry a little. poor little Ugly...

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
TimeLord said:
Watching the 10th Doctor die and regenerate made me cry.
Both 9th AND 10th regenerations got me. Also the 8th season and overall series finale of Scrubs, Steve Carrell's last Episode on The Office, several episodes of My Family, a few of Buffy, Firefly...lots of shows really. And I don't even want to BEGIN counting movies...

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
vxicepickxv said:
Adrian Madhog said:
There advantages in being emotionally dead... look at Yathzee! (Irony)
It makes the suicide jokes easier?
No... it turns you into the Anti-Fanboy... the only being capable to keep fanboys' stupidity at bay. A much needed presence.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
Movies:
The Green Mile: When I was crying over this movie it was pure murder for me because it was too much to handle near the end.
The Shawshank Redemption: I cried because I thought it would end like the Family Guy spoof ended.
Toy Story 3: Good God, that last scene of Andy leaving the toys... but I held back on crying in the cinema.
Return of the Jedi: The Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars movie I saw, so when I saw the original trilogy for the first time I cried when Vader died because I first knew him as a sweet little angel that is now annoying and only got more annoying when he wanted a girlfriend ten years later.

TV:
South Park Kenny Dies: I only recently became a big South Park fan after watching the first three seasons. When I watched Season 5 I was attached to the characters and I was crying over the massive emotion in this episode.
Beast Wars Code of Hero: Dinobot's death really got to me.

Anime:
Spirited Away: When the movie was nearly over I shed one little tear because of how beautiful it was.

Games:
Bionicle Mata Nui Online Game: This game was freaking awesome with a great story, great characters, great adventure and I was saddened that it ended.
The Wind Waker: I was sad this ended as well. The first console game I beat.

But that is just me crying, not me feeling bad for anything. I only felt bad for not giving the little girl her cat at the beginning of Chrono Trigger.

SkipSandwich

Apr 24, 2010
Mother 3. Only video game to make me cry so far. The ending/last battle was the most beautiful use of game mechanics I've ever seen.