Poll: I'll Save You, Little Turret from "Portal 2"!

Capt MacGregor

Mar 31, 2011
The whole to point to games is to get you involved in them using like immersion by trying to get people to care about the characters, in an interview with a mass effect devolper i think they say thats one of the things they try to do so people will make choices in the game and care about the outcome and consequences thats just one example i can think of off the top of my head. But its a good thing that people are voting yes it means that they are doing their job. The end of the green mile really got to me seeing as people are saying this things thought i would add one lol.

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
SammiYin said:
I actually cared for the turrets in portal a lot more than the companion cube, which I was under the impression would bring me to tears when we departed.
The end of Conkers bad fur day was pretty tear jerking, so was Far Cry 2s ending.
Not too sure if any games have made me outright cry [you know, what with my penis and everything] but some like Ocarina of Time and the two mentioned above came pretty darn close.
Oh yeah, I just remembered... the ending of "Twilight Princess" (that one was MY "Ocarina of Time")

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
Capt MacGregor said:
The whole to point to games is to get you involved in them using like immersion by trying to get people to care about the characters, in an interview with a mass effect devolper i think they say thats one of the things they try to do so people will make choices in the game and care about the outcome and consequences thats just one example i can think of off the top of my head. But its a good thing that people are voting yes it means that they are doing their job. The end of the green mile really got to me seeing as people are saying this things thought i would one lol.
Bioware did a terrific job.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Million Dollar Baby made me cry, and won best movie of the year.

Games though? I can't think of any that made me cry off the top of my head. Looking through my collection... Well there were some sad moments in the Fable games. Didn't make me cry, but definitely sad.

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
I cried reading The Hobbit

The sacrifices during the war near the end of the book hit me hard

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
LordXel said:
Movies:
The Green Mile: When I was crying over this movie it was pure murder for me because it was too much to handle near the end.
The Shawshank Redemption: I cried because I thought it would end like the Family Guy spoof ended.
Toy Story 3: Good God, that last scene of Andy leaving the toys... but I held back on crying in the cinema.
Return of the Jedi: The Phantom Menace was the first Star Wars movie I saw, so when I saw the original trilogy for the first time I cried when Vader died because I first knew him as a sweet little angel that is now annoying and only got more annoying when he wanted a girlfriend ten years later.

TV:
South Park Kenny Dies: I only recently became a big South Park fan after watching the first three seasons. When I watched Season 5 I was attached to the characters and I was crying over the massive emotion in this episode.
Beast Wars Code of Hero: Dinobot's death really got to me.

Anime:
Spirited Away: When the movie was nearly over I shed one little tear because of how beautiful it was.

Games:
Bionicle Mata Nui Online Game: This game was freaking awesome with a great story, great characters, great adventure and I was saddened that it ended.
The Wind Waker: I was sad this ended as well. The first console game I beat.

But that is just me crying, not me feeling bad for anything. I only felt bad for not giving the little girl her cat at the beginning of Chrono Trigger.
You know, the term anime only refers to TV iterations of Japanimation... "Spirited Away" is an animated film, not an anime...
The More You Know!

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
Martster said:
I cried reading The Hobbit

The sacrifices during the war near the end of the book hit me hard
Alright, I'll admit it... I cried after reading the whole "These Dark Matters" saga!

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
godofallu said:
Million Dollar Baby made me cry, and won best movie of the year.

Games though? I can't think of any that made me cry off the top of my head. Looking through my collection... Well there were some sad moments in the Fable games. Didn't make me cry, but definitely sad.
GOSH, I hate "Million Dollar Baby"... it's the least Eastwoodian of all Eastwood's movies, Hillary Swank is overrated and, worst of all, MORGAN FREEMAN! That film only bored me to death... sorry, I had to tell somebody. And SINCE we're at it: "Titanic" is overrated, "Schindler's List" is Hollywood at its worst, "Saving Private Ryan" is Hollywood AND Spielberg at its worst and everyone needs to GROW THE HELL up about "Transformers", it was NOT a good cartoon, in fact, with just a few exceptions, the '80s SUCKED ans super sicked of them! Also, I killed JFK, I introduced Curt Kobain to Courtney Love and I think Hitler was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

............................................................. 0.o

Naaaaah, I'm kidding about Hitler... but "Schindler's list" was STILL awful, at least to me.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
The only game I really felt an emotional response to was Mass Effect 2, as two of my squad members died at the end. Because they were such well fleshed-out and interesting characters, I went out of my way to save them when replaying it.

Flippincrazy

Jul 4, 2010
Wall-E. I was either giggling like a school gi- manly man or cry- sweating from my eyes all through the damn thing.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
I had a near-cry moment in Portal 2.

GLaDOS might hate me, but damn it, I liked her D: Even if I hated her, I didn't want to put that little idiot in charge of everything, hearing her scream like that just made it so much worse.

And of course, little Prometheus/Oracle. But I let her stay on the catwalk, I've never put her through the grill.

SuperCombustion

Aug 10, 2010
Rossmallo said:
The ending of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, if you've been through the whole game before it.

Seriously, just looking it up on Youtube dulls the effect. You have to experience the whole game before it's proper weight hits you.
I know, right?

DirtyMagic

Mar 18, 2011
Don't make me pull out the big one again... Don't make me do it!

Anywho, of course I'd love to have all emotions through games! Games are way more interactive than any movie or tv series will be, so why not have all possible emotions flow through it?
It makes games great!

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Its hard to say for games that make me cry. I think the only times ive shed a tear is when a game ends, just because I want MORE OF IT.

MORE, GIMME MOOORE.

Rossmallo said:
The ending of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, if you've been through the whole game before it.

Seriously, just looking it up on Youtube dulls the effect. You have to experience the whole game before it's proper weight hits you.
Ive played the first, now I have the urge to play the second...though snt there three now, excluding the two different types? (I may be wrong)

MFenix

Apr 2, 2011
I have never and will never cry to anything but that doesn't mean I haven't been seriously close to it. Toy Story 3 is my favorite example of this, being completely in love with the series didn't help but I held back the tears. Second would be I am Legend and Marley and Me I was close but not quite what Toy Story 3 got me to. I can't think of any games that almost made me cry though (at the time of writing). Yes I saved the turret I didn't know of the E-grid but I left the turret behind anyway and when I found out I was so glad I did leave it behind.

razelas

Oct 27, 2010
For me, that turret will always be "different."

I cried at the end, with the turret orchestra and GLaDOS singing. Then I cried again when I read the lyrics.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, to be fair, I enjoy putting Turrets through the Emancipation Grill and listening to the sound they make. On the other hand, I rather like the Defective Turrets and "I'm different...".

sleeperhit79

Feb 6, 2009
First of all the writer of this thread is not a very very very manly man, and that's ok. I am also not a very manly man, and I feel no need to be and thankfully we don't live in a society that values that as much. All that said I cried at the cliche aeris part in FF7, that game touched me not necessarily because she died, but what was brilliant was the minutes after. I cried of anger at having sephiroth dismiss her very existence as insignificant and in another brilliant move by square you had to battle a boss right after that with your eyes still blurry and your throat still dry, it was awesome.
A movie that really did it for me was grave of the fireflies, I highly recommend that movie both for the emotional content and the historical significance of seeing WW2 from a different point of view.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Adrian Madhog said:
Hinnuzaki no Kano (I'm not sure if I'm typing this right, it's a tragic love story between two women... and it has robots XD
Kannazuki no Miko, mah boi...

Also albeit more of the manly tears variation, Metal Gear Solid 3... the debriefing made me cry...

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
Let's see. The end of crisis core for a game. For a Movie I'd say the end of The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas and 1 scene in I Am Legend (if you've seen it you know which one.)