Poll: Illness

mistahzig1

May 29, 2013
I was sick last week. Food poisoning. My insides felt like I got the crap beat out of me.

First time in 20 years I threw up without alcohol being involved, which I found funny because it's TOTALLY different. Wasn't moaning for a quick death last week for a change ;oP

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm sick right now, nothing bad enough to keep me from going about as normal, but enough to be a mild annoyance. It's been a year since I've been that kind of sick. I'm rarely sick.

Jul 13, 2010
Oddly enough, I used to be an extraordinarily sickly child, I was administered antibiotics or the like shortly after birth which I did not take well to and ended up requiring, amoungst other things, semiannual trips to a hospital because my lungs would seize up every time a major season change happened. Now, however, I don't believe I've been sick in about a year and a half and I don't think I've had anything worse than a minor flu in the last three years.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
About a month ago I had a particularly stubborn (not actually terribly bad, just annoying and hard to get rid of) cold. Before that, I can't even remember the last time I was sick. This is quite normal for me; sickness is rare, but tends to be unusually prolonged.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
If the last time I was sick was 8 years ago, does that put me in the god category of your poll?

I just don't really get sick, and even when I do it's usually a day tops.

I've never had the flu or anything more than 2 days even when I was little. Don't ask me why. No idea.

...I did however fake sick all the time to get out of school >.>

I even peed in the toilet once, left it overnight, then poured oatmeal in the bowl in the morning to make it seem like I threw up so I could avoid having to give a speech.

Miraculously it worked. XD

Tactical Pause

Jan 6, 2010
The last time I was ill was actually over a year ago around christmas. It was just a nasty cold though, nothing special. The time shortly before that was quite a different story, probably the sickest I've been in my life.

It started as a bad cough, that turned into a really bad cough lasting for months. Throw in almost a week of fever and vomiting in the middle, waking up at night choking on my own mucus, and permanent damage to my throat, and you've got yourself a lousy illness.

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
I currently have a cold.

I suppose I get sick relativly often. Depends on what would qualify as "sick". I get the "sniffles" once in a while along with headaches, but seriously ill? Maybe 2-3 times a year on average.

Last year I had a fever of 41 celsius once. That wasnt fun. Probably the worst I've ever had.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
So many squishy, disease-carrying humans. Don't sneeze on me or I'll be forced to employ the cleansing power of fire.

OT: I almost never catch a disease apart from the common cold, which usually lasts for 24-48 hours before disappearing almost as quickly as it came.

T0ad 0f Truth said:
Eeeeew...I think I feel something coming on...

Mar 30, 2010
I had a pneumonia-related lung infection back in 2007. Other than the occasional 'here-today-gone-tomorrow' head cold, that was the last time I was ill.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
a couple of days ago i fainted and hit my head on the way down, so i had a minor concussion and was super nauseous for a day or two if that counts.

otherwise christmas eve was when i was last sick ill xD

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Every morning I tend to feel a bit sick with my nose or throat. Blame my shitty sinuses. But it usually goes away after a few hours or (rarely) days. I also have a sensitive stomach to lactose, fats, and oils, so it's not unusual for me to get tummy aches now and again. Plus I tend to suffer from bad cramps during my time of the month, so I pretty much shut down entirely at that point too.

Last time I was sick with an actual illness was a cold last June/July. People in my house went to a hospital for some imaging, got sick, and then one of them used my towel. I was sick for about a week (and no one to cover me at work), and I'm sure all the flowers in the neighborhood didn't help with irritation. What ALSO didn't help was my family leaving for vacation and leaving me alone. Perhaps the first time I had to nurse myself when sick, and it wasn't fun.

Before that, I didn't get sick with a cold for at least 2 years. Haven't had the stomach flu for more than 7 years either.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
setting_son said:
I work in a hospital, my job is rewarding but that place is a giant Petri dish and I catch every disease under the sun.
Same thing goes for the school where I work. Luckily, I have slightly less interaction with the students on a daily basis than their teachers, but this whole place basically feels like a closed system where illnesses are passed around, mutate and different strains are re-aquired. That is, of course, not what's really going on, but that's what it feels like, lol.

Also, parents, if I hear one more of you dumbshits talking about not immunizing because of the risks you heard about from Oprah or something, I'm going to beat your ass with a copy of the European Journal of Epidemiology 2000, Volume 16, Issue 7, then leave it open to "Herd immunity and herd effect: new insights and definitions." I'm tired of getting sick because you're afraid little Johnny will have an adverse reaction worse than spreading the flu around to classmates and teachers.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
My immune system used to be fairly bad, I would get a cold at least once a year and other little bugs. However, in the last few years since I got into better shape overall I always skip getting sick when the rest of my family catches whatever is going around.

However, last Summer I was struck with some kind of flu. Luckily no vomiting, but I had a full body ache, I could barely move, and I had no appetite. That lasted about three days or so. At least I had some really interesting fever dreams. XD

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
suitepee7 said:
I had a few of those. Did you have chest pains beforehand, as if claws were digging into your heart, or was it a case of sound becoming unclear?

OT: A lot of people who went to one of my institutions had nosebleeds fairly often. All skin and bones, they were; you could push them over and they'd likely dislocate something.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I think I gave myself sort-of-food poisoning a couple months ago. My entire gastrointestinal tract began screaming in terror and rushing everything in it - no, EVERYTHING - through as fast as it could, but I had no other symptoms.

That was a bad two days.

Beyond that, I can't remember the last time I got full-on sick.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
I know to the date because I was sick on my birth day 10 years 8 mounts and 16 days ago. Also immune to hangovers.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
I rarely get REALLY sick. It's been at LEAST a year since I've had any major illness.
However, when winter rolls around, especially with it getting "freeze your fingers off inside your own home" cold in chicago for a few days this past January (thank god I have a fireplace. I lost all feeling in my hands on more than one occasion), I get some minor illnesses. A small fever here, nasal congestion there (fuck nasal congestion. I hate mouth-breathing), little bit of nausea or a migraine scattered throughout. Nothing too bad or debilitating, just irksome. Only tends to happen in a few months out of the year but multiple times over that period.

So, it's been a few days since the last bout, but honestly I barely notice anymore besides an increased frequency of blowing my nose and ibuprofen intake.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Depends what you define as illness, I usually get a couple of mild colds a year and every couple of years or so a 24 hour bout of tiredness and fatigure which I assume is some sort of bug, haven't missed a day of education or work for illness for the last eight years though so I'm not doing too badly.

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
I clicked "ill right now". Severe recurrent depressive disorder (F33.2) and a personality disorder (F61). I had it now for almost half of my life and I'll most likely never get rid of it completely.

Other than that I feel fine :D

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
It depends what you mean by ill. I get migraines pretty regularly which pretty much destroy any chance in the next 24-48 hours of being able to do anything besides sleep, throw up and whimper. Though I've recently got put on a new triptan so fingers crossed I might be able to prevent them.
So going with them it's 0-1 months ago.

Apart from migraines it was about a 14 months ago when I picked up the flu over christmas.